Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Probably not one wrong decision on the pitch. It also looks like he's trying to control the ball bit more just after interception.

meamth

He is so calm and collected. Mature performance from him. Comfortably knocked bailly of the perch as the best CB in the team.

Northstand

Quite possibly, but no doubt when next he is injured the fans will go back to pretending that he is Klavan level.

If his body had held up he would probably already be recognized as one of the top defenders in the game.
Completely agree on both points.

Morpheus 7

Motm, he's really turned it around in the last year. He's staying fit and showing real leadership. Him and Bailly when he's back, really liked Jones today.

prateik

Easily our best defender. And looks like he has finally adapted his game and doesnt injure himself by running into things constantly.

Has to be one of the best in the league..

Mindhunter

He has a shot at being considered as the best in the PL at the moment. Great presence and ability to sniff out danger from a distance. Loved his passion.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Nah if he keeps this up for the season he'll start I reckon.
I wouldn’t bet on it mate. That twat Southgate seems to love Cahill for some reason.

It shouldn’t be (and hopefully won’t be) but I can see Stones and Cahill starting.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I wouldn’t bet on it mate. That twat Southgate seems to love Cahill for some reason.

It shouldn’t be (and hopefully won’t be) but I can see Stones and Cahill starting.
I'm not English so the shitter the better :)

But I obviously want to see Utd players play at the WC so hopefully he does.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The fact that Jones has played 19 games in the league but not a single game in any other competition kind of shows that Jose rates him very highly and is trying his best to preserve him. The one major injury he had this season came with England

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I have been saying this for years and never backed away from my support for him as the best defender we have at the club. This lad has everything. Injuries have fecked his career so far, but he has everything. Defenders tend to mature later anyway, and I can really see him becoming world class from 25-30 if he can stay fit.

fecking magnificent again today. The thing we often don’t readily see as fans is his leadership, passion, and determination. He’s the type of strong character you want in the spine of your team.

marlowe78

I was just seeing his remarks post-match. He is well-spoken and always gives a good impression and view of the game, so I can understand in ways why the club persist with him.

Can see him coaching and managing somewhere down the road. And I agree, he is more than good enough to play for England. Partner him with Smalling and keep Cahill (FFS) out of the team.

AP88

Supports
Man City
England's best center back.
He's better on the left of the back 2, he had a decent run there under LVG circa 2015.

He's looked like John Terry in the first half to me; he kept the ball moving nice and simply, made a few decent interceptions. He's always got a bit too giddy in chasing the ball, but if Jose can instill some positional and decisional intelligence, and his body hold up, he will be widely accepted as England's best defender by the World Cup.

He's taken a lot of abuse in the post-Ferguson wilderness, but he really does have a lot of class once he's got some continuity.
Vindicated.

Foxbatt

The fact that Jones has played 19 games in the league but not a single game in any other competition kind of shows that Jose rates him very highly and is trying his best to preserve him. The one major injury he had this season came with England
Yes because Smalling kicked him during an England training session.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Just checked and in the 5 league games he missed we had one clean sheet and conceded 6 . In the 19 that he has played in we have 13 clean sheets

Hoof the ball

Quite possibly, but no doubt when next he is injured the fans will go back to pretending that he is Klavan level.

If his body had held up he would probably already be recognized as one of the top defenders in the game.
The nature of this forum, sometimes. Periods of temporary gain or loss of form is enough of a basis for many individuals to judge them on. Jones carries the ball forward very well; is good with the ball at his feet and has superb defensive nous. Injuries aside, he is a prime example of Sir Alex knowing what makes for a good defender when the physical side holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.