Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Jones is showing what many people know, that a lot of the time he's a good defender. He's struck me over the last few years as somebody very low in confidence. Injuries don't help but he's seemed like someone who's been affected by the lazy ridicule thrown his way. Being a meme footballer who's always injured can't be easy.

I wonder if Ole can bring out the confidence in him again. I'd love to see the player SAF rated so highly and who was comfortable enough on the ball for Capello to play in midfield.

It seems like a long shot. I think too much time has passed and there have been too many injuries.
I actually empathise with that, it certainly can't be a good feeling. It has been way over the top and not actually that funny, now any old internet nerd looking for attention just waits for him to make a funny face in game, it is pathetic. I seem to remember a game where he looked really emotionless the whole time like he was trying to stop his mouth from moving while fighting for the ball. Then on the evening a new meme got posted anyways. It only takes one and that whole thing has probably been a nightmare for him. That being said, he needs to leave. It's the best for all parties.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You don’t seriously believe that clubs aren’t interested in the likes of Fellaini and Jones?

Every club outside the top six would bite your hand off for players of that ilk. What they can seldom afford is the wages these players are accustomed to. Players don’t like to take such a hit and often end up in places like Turkey or Russia as a result.

No doubt to be had, however, if Phil Jones is available this summer then just about every Premier League club south of sixth will be putting their hat in the ring.
Why didn't anyone bring Fellaini for free?

Based Adnan

He's been good last 2 games but we've seen it time and time again when he's been good only to either cost us a game or get injured (sometimes both).

Can't be trusted.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Probably because the only club in world football that wanted him at their club was Manchester United. That must explain it.

You’re not this daft so don’t pretend to be.
I still don't get it. There are thousands of players going around for 20-30 million easily, and yet no one wanted Fellaini with big wages for free transfer. Why is that? It's better to bring average player for 200k/week wages than to bring someone for 20-30 million plus wages.

Kag

I still don't get it. There are thousands of players going around for 20-30 million easily, and yet no one wanted Fellaini with big wages for free transfer. Why is that? It's better to bring average player for 200k/week wages than to bring someone for 20-30 million plus wages.
Do you think that the only club that wanted Marouane Fellaini at their club was Manchester United?

haram

People arguing about his supposed quality when the real problem is that he will get injured within the next 3 games.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Judging him when playing against relegation fodder is folly. Do bear in mind that while he was our CB, even against relegation fodder, we conceded goals.
Assuming Jones gets time on the pitch, he will score an own goal as soon as we face a decent side.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Do you think that the only club that wanted Marouane Fellaini at their club was Manchester United?
Yes, for the wages that he demanded, we were obviously the only club that wanted him, hence he would feck off, even his agent and Fellaini himself pretty much admitted they want to go, but their bluff was bad one.

Foxbatt

He is a player who gives all too and yes he is prone to make mistakes but the central defenders need to play together and with the combination being changed every day by Jose would not have helped anyone.
Jones is a player who can play in midfield too and SAF has played him there too.

Kag

Yes, for the wages that he demanded, we were obviously the only club that wanted him, hence he would feck off, even his agent and Fellaini himself pretty much admitted they want to go, but their bluff was bad one.
But you agree that Fellaini will have had plenty of options on the table? As would Jones, at the right price.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
But you agree that Fellaini will have had plenty of options on the table? As would Jones, at the right price.
So would Buttner, they are obviously not league 6 material, they are all worth the risk for low wages. However, they are obviously not good enough for top clubs like Manchester United.

Sylar

Him and Lindy again. Will be fine if we play like we did last few games (and continue to score)

Johan07

I disagree on this. I believe Fellaini had several similar or even better monetary proposals on the table. Which would be completely logical since he was going to be on a free. He chose to stay. Good on him. I don´t get this hatred for players like him and Jones.
Its the same with Jones, if he chooses to stay on anywhere the - comparetively - petty wages he is on it will be a good deal for us.
And I would be more afraid of his injury record if he had re-occuring specific issues. He has had a lot of bad luck so far in his career. Another way of looking at it would be that he might be in line for some luck injury-wise by now. But I guess that would be to positive.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I disagree on this. I believe Fellaini had several similar or even better monetary proposals on the table. Which would be completely logical since he was going to be on a free. He chose to stay. Good on him. I don´t get this hatred for players like him and Jones.
Its the same with Jones, if he chooses to stay on anywhere the - comparetively - petty wages he is on it will be a good deal for us.
And I would be more afraid of his injury record if he had re-occuring specific issues. He has had a lot of bad luck so far in his career. Another way of looking at it would be that he might be in line for some luck injury-wise by now. But I guess that would be to positive.
I agree with Fellaini as he's a somewhat unique tactical option.

I disagree with Jones as we need to move on some of our central defenders and Jones simply can't be relied on to be fit when we need him. What's the point in having a squad option if they are regularly unavailable when we need them?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Fellaini's agent said he won't be signing new contract and that they are angry at Manchester United, something along those lines. After that not one club was connected with him and few months later he signed new contract.

Foxbatt

Fellaini's agent said he won't be signing new contract and that they are angry at Manchester United, something along those lines. After that not one club was connected with him and few months later he signed new contract.
Surely you cannot believe that no club wants Fellaini? Of course there are many clubs that wants him. They are not as big as United but many clubs will take him in a heart beat.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Surely you cannot believe that no club wants Fellaini? Of course there are many clubs that wants him. They are not as big as United but many clubs will take him in a heart beat.
Of course some clubs want him, but not the clubs he was expecting to want him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He makes me shake in my boots. He's a calamity. An accident waiting to happen.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was a bit shaky at the start. Found it hard to deal with the long balls of Newcastle, but grew into the game and after his mistake, which he recovered excellently for, he was fine.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Terrible first half, made United nervous and seriously it looked like in last days of Jose.

2nd half was a bit better... but he doesn't learn and that's his maxima culpa.

Doracle

Good match bar the nervy start. He’s on last chance saloon this season but his current form is impressive. How long can he stay fit?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is prone to the odd brain fart. Got away with it tonight. Did not get away with it in the FA cup final last season.

If that was Salah tonight, we are one nil down.

el3mel

He was going to feck us up tonight.

I'm afraid the moment of his next OG or fecking up is very soon now. Hopefully it doesn't come against Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.