Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Lose

An absolute imbecile, has the composure of a gorilla on roller skates.

When you look at guys like him and Valencia playing for us you look at the table and it all makes sense.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This guy got picked to go to the World Cup instead of Smalling not too long ago. :lol:

Bwuk

I’m not even convinced a championship side would take him. Would demand massive wages for that level and can’t stay fit.

He’s useless isn’t he. Has one or two good games, then either gets injured or has a mare. Rinse and repeat.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Something that bugs me; Fellaini has feck-ups but has scored quite a few late important goals for us, some winners and good moments and been an average to alright player overall. Yet he is often a figure of scorn and ridicule, not just online but from the righteous Old Trafford crowd who boo him regularly and on one occasion in a pre-season friendly, sarcastically gave him the "Olé" treatment whenever he had a touch.

But Jones, he has knocked us out two cups on penalties. He has cocked up and given away a penalty in an FA Cup final which we lost. That's before the countless blunders at this stage leading to ridiculous goals and years and years and years of shit performances. Where is the outrage over this cnut? It's long overdue, it's disgusting that he is still at United.

Pick your main memories of Phil Jones over his 7-8 year career at Man United. I bet it's all cock-ups and stupid fecking faces.

Lentwood

There are certain players at the club who embody everything that is wrong with Manchester Utd

Mediocre footballers, huge wages, consistently underperforming without consequence. Would struggle to find another top half team to take them on yet periodically get a run in the team due to lack of options

Phil Jones is one of them

Minimalist

Lets face it though, if Mourinho didn't bin him after the FA Cup final last season, he never will.

gza the genius

He's scored 2 own goals in his entire career, yet some are trying to make out it happens all the time. Even Maldini scored own goals and made mistakes. Why are some fans just critical of everyone in our team? They just don't seem to be able to enjoy a player having a good game.
Not to brag, but...

Heinzesight

Heading the ball whilst it’s on the deck, world class own goals, top notch gurning, mostly injured...you’ll all miss him when he’s left.

Seriously though, what a fecking unflushable turd.

redzombie

Something that bugs me; Fellaini has feck-ups but has scored quite a few late important goals for us, some winners and good moments and been an average to alright player overall. Yet he is often a figure of scorn and ridicule, not just online but from the righteous Old Trafford crowd who boo him regularly and on one occasion in a pre-season friendly, sarcastically gave him the "Olé" treatment whenever he had a touch.

But Jones, he has knocked us out two cups on penalties. He has cocked up and given away a penalty in an FA Cup final which we lost. That's before the countless blunders at this stage leading to ridiculous goals and years and years and years of shit performances. Where is the outrage over this cnut? It's long overdue, it's disgusting that he is still at United.

Pick your main memories of Phil Jones over his 7-8 year career at Man United. I bet it's all cock-ups and stupid fecking faces.
probably because SAF brought him in, anyone else and he'd have been out the door by now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a clown and we're a circus. This fecking shitshow needs to end. We're a serious club ffs!

I think we're all just numb to him by now, either that or we tend to forget he's even here he's injured that often.

Dan_F

Give him a new contact on such a high wage that no one will buy him, to stop him from leaving on a free. Pretty much our logic if he gets a new contract.

SirAF

Ageist
Pogue and @SirAF will come here after one good performance and say that he is usually good when fit and that they don't understand why people don't like him.
When in the name of feck have I been talking about Phil Jones lately?

NewMember

Didn’t panic in front of goal and came up huge with a composed finish.

devil in me

He epitmoises us at the moment , he really does. Worryingly not the only player starting for us that wouldnt get in another top 10 side. We seem to be full of them.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
When in the name of feck have I been talking about Phil Jones lately?
Lately probably not that much since he didn't have his yearly cycle of couple of good games against shit opposition since probably start of this calendar year. Once he does, you will praise him no doubt.

I can go back and find your posts if you want though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lets face it though, if Mourinho didn't bin him after the FA Cup final last season, he never will.
The only reason he plays is because we didn't get a centre back in and both Smalling and Lindelof are injured.

It was bloody obvious that Jones and Rojo needed to be binned and we needed better at the club. But Woodward didn't think there were any upgrades on the market.

mav_9me

I guess this is as good a place as any to put this.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This guy got picked to go to the World Cup instead of Smalling not too long ago. :lol:
But.. but.. Southgate is the all time great manager whose every decision on players being picked is the gospel of human race!

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

If he wasn't English, he'd of been shipped years ago.

SirAF

Ageist
Lately probably not that much since he didn't have his yearly cycle of couple of good games against shit opposition since probably start of this calendar year. Once he does, you will praise him no doubt.

I can go back and find your posts if you want though.
I love Jones, but he’s just not good enough.
This was the last time I spoke about Jones (july this year). Jog on mate.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Give him time he will come good.We are Manchester United we give our coaches and players time we don't sack/sale them.:D

reddaz71

If you look at the likes of Young,Jones,Smalling,Valencia and also the likes of Obertan,Cleverley, RVP aside its gotta make one think was Fergies eye for talent towards the end of his reign diminishing? the evidence for that seems resounding.

reddaz71

There are certain players at the club who embody everything that is wrong with Manchester Utd

Mediocre footballers, huge wages, consistently underperforming without consequence. Would struggle to find another top half team to take them on yet periodically get a run in the team due to lack of options

Phil Jones is one of them
Spot on!

Castia

Nowhere near good enough, why the feck is he still getting picked.

Mid table player at best, taking into account his injury record he’d do well to find a mid table club interested in him.

ravi2

I’m not even convinced a championship side would take him. Would demand massive wages for that level and can’t stay fit.

He’s useless isn’t he. Has one or two good games, then either gets injured or has a mare. Rinse and repeat.
Its puzzling that after 3 managers he is still here , its makes no sense. Is the board setting his price so high no one who actually wants him could afford him?

The board really need to take a look at themselves for the situation we are in at the moment.

FujiVice

If you look at the likes of Young,Jones,Smalling,Valencia and also the likes of Obertan,Cleverley, RVP aside its gotta make one think was Fergies eye for talent towards the end of his reign diminishing? the evidence for that seems resounding.
Phil Jones and Chris Smalling were very highly touted when they broke through and were young promising talent when Fergie left (also they werent his first choice centre halfs at the time.) Ashley Young was an England international who always seemed to give us nightmares and Valencia was a very good player for us. Even Cleverly had a loan spell where he showed enough promise to warrant a chance to impress. Considering we have had Pogba, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Di Maria and Sanchez through the doors of Old Trafford in recent years, maybe the individual isnt to blame for why we are where we are.

Anyway, Ferguson brought in David De Gea and Robin Van Persie in his last 2 summers. He tried to get Eden Hazard the year prior. He signed Wilfred Zaha. I'd say he knew now to build a good side still.

Canagel

Fergie would've moved them on by now. He also signed Kleberson, Djemba Djemba and the likes. No way would he still be fielding those defenders in 2018

ravi2

I think there is more to it than that. When the Glazers took over they put SAF on a tight budget plus with the rise of City and Chelsea meant we were no longer the only game in town. Lack of Long term planning back then is costing us now.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Phil Jones has as many Champions League own goals as AC Milan - that might just be my favourite stat of all time.

stevoc

Out of all his own goal highlights, this one is probably up there as the best. If you catch all the angles of that beautiful finish you realize that the ball was pretty much all the way over in his side of possession and he could have easily just taken a touch with his outside foot and turned it casually. Instead he slots it home nicely.

Well done mate
Yep gave the keeper no chance. Classy finish.

Renegade

I can’t believe his still getting gametime for us after that horror show in the FA cup final last season. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.