Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good decision & much needed move. United are a stagnating mess and the last thing Jones needs now is spending more time on the bench while being 29.

Hope he'll play and revive the career for at least few more years.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't know if this a case of absence making the heart grow fonder but most of his performances since 2016 have been riddled with errors and comical defending. There really is truth to the theory that our players get better the longer they're out injured. Don't know why some are suddenly acting like he's actually really good when he's not injured, he isn't and hasn't been for years. Maybe he'll play well on loan but let's not pretend he's not been largely underwhelming the last 5 seasons.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wouldn't be surprised if Phil Jones gave his first interview in fluent French. What do you think he's been doing all these years?

John Blund

I hope he gets his testimonial. He's a true red. I've been one of those idiots who said he wasn't good enough and he had to move on. He's way more red than me, and I'd be honored to go to his testimonial.

I'm sorry Phil Jones, you deserve better from us. I just want United to win, and I thought you wouldn't pull your weights, but you clearly do.

El Presidente

I hope he gets his testimonial. He's a true red. I've been one of those idiots who said he wasn't good enough and he had to move on. He's way more red than me, and I'd be honored to go to his testimonial.

I'm sorry Phil Jones, you deserve better from us. I just want United to win, and I thought you wouldn't pull your weights, but you clearly do.
Not sure what has he done exactly, apart from being humble.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Hope he goes and plays in a low pressure environment and I hope above all that he just enjoys playing football for once. Poor bastard and all his injuries. I always had time for Phil, wasn’t his fault he was a crock, and when fit and on form he was not only an excellent player, he epitomised the spirit and determination you want your players to have.

Became a figure of derision here, so I really hope this works out for him.

Jericho

Good decision & much needed move. United are a stagnating mess and the last thing Jones needs now is spending more time on the bench while being 29.

Hope he'll play and revive the career for at least few more years.
Not to worry, it’ll only be for another few weeks.

Devil may care

Jones comeback performance was surprisingly good and I was expecting to see him play against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup next Friday, good luck to him at Bordeaux and hopefully it goes well enough to turn into a permanent transfer in the summer.

Red_Aaron

I'm a little surprised purely from a coverage pov - he played out of necessity the other week and I don't trust Bailly or Varane to stay totally fit for the rest of the season meaning there's a good chance we'll need another cb at some point.

I guess RR sees Matic and McT ahead of him for that role

Ixion

Really weird we're going to loan 3-4 players and bring no one in with Covid still around.

SamVimes

Are Bourdeaux not a bit of a basket case at the moment? They are fourth from bottom, only one point above the relegation zone. They suspended Laurent Koscielny who has now left. Strange move if true.

Brophs

The One and Only
It'd be nice to see him go get some football. He seems a good lad and he could do with a bit of positvity after a rough few years.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Really weird we're going to loan 3-4 players and bring no one in with Covid still around.
Club being run like the shambles it still is clearly. I thought it would improve with the new appointments being in place but ultimately we still can only operate under Glazers authority so nothing is really ever going to change.

el3mel

I can't believe I have lived long enough to see Phil Jones leaving Man United. I thought I will never witness this day all honestly, as hilarious as it sounds.

dove

Club being run like the shambles it still is clearly. I thought it would improve with the new appointments being in place but ultimately we still can only operate under Glazers authority so nothing is really ever going to change.
All of the players we are loaning out pretty much never play so it's better to do that than let them rot...

diarm

When Phil Jones leaves, we should start a petition to have the club hold a testimonial for him.

It doesn't sit right that he turned one down because he thought nobody would show up. The lad has never given anything less than his all in the shirt.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, absolutely mental we gave him that contract.
Yeah absolutely mental that we gave a fit 26 year old a contract when he was a first team regular and in the England squad.

He got his career threatening injury AFTER he signed his last contract

golden_blunder

Staff
When Phil Jones leaves, we should start a petition to have the club hold a testimonial for him.

It doesn't sit right that he turned one down because he thought nobody would show up. The lad has never given anything less than his all in the shirt.
Spot on +1

Red the Bear

Something less generic

He surely will get one, a good servant of the club shame how things gone awry with his physical condition.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah absolutely mental that we gave a fit 26 year old a contract when he was a first team regular and in the England squad.

Bollocks, he was never fit in his life. Many people said back then that was an idiotic renewal, and that only Manchester United would gave him long term contract back then.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He's been riddled with injuries his entire career, he spent most of the previous 3 seasons injured. He wasn't in the England squad at all, he hadn't even made it once that season. Even if we ignore his abysmal injury record prior to the renewal, he just wasn't that good.

CloneMC16

sorry, meant to say second-best!
Definitely don't agree with that, either. People have suddenly gotten sentimental over his return. I've watched him make mistake after mistake and constantly get injured. I would not choose him over any of our other CB's when they're all fit.

I wish him well at Bordeaux, but I won't lie and say he was an amazing player. We kept buying and trying new options at CB for a reason.

golden_blunder

Staff
He's been riddled with injuries his entire career, he spent most of the previous 3 seasons injured. He wasn't in the England squad at all, he hadn't even made it once that season. Even if we ignore his abysmal injury record prior to the renewal, he just wasn't that good.
Regarding England, actually you’re right. He signed his new contract feb 2019, having been in England’s World Cup squad 2018. He played the full match in the 3rd place playoffs

Injuries aside, a fit Phil Jones before his last 18 month injury, I would have chosen him over maguire and Lindelof. Obviously i know that’s a personal choice.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I hope he leaves for good, but to sell him when we have no centre backs is crazy. Only United would do that.

Droid_Repairs

Regarding England, actually you’re right. He signed his new contract feb 2019, having been in England’s World Cup squad 2018. He played the full match in the 3rd place playoffs

Injuries aside, a fit Phil Jones before his last 18 month injury, I would have chosen him over maguire and Lindelof. Obviously i know that’s a personal choice.
I think most would agree, those who have seen him fit and in form know how good he can be.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Goodluck to him if he goes there, such a torrid time with injuries, hope he comes out stronger after this spell at Bordeaux

OlsensHummelBoots

I think most would agree, those who have seen him fit and in form know how good he can be.
I can remember him absolutely bossing a game at QPR away whilst in midfield. He looked a player, assured and with a lot of intelligence. Nothing flash, just getting on with what he was expected to do.

Injuries, loss of confidence obviously the main reasons for his situation over the years but social media have taken it out of context.