Phil Jones to United | Transfer to Champions complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And the funniest thing would be that Liverpool need him in his natural position more than we do.
Exactly, surely you see the folly on both sides with this deal? If you didn't buy Jones you could always have bought another winger.

Sw33t

Do these Blackburn owners even have a clue of what they're doing? At all? Doesn't seem so.

I'm pretty confident he's our man. No need to flap about it

Chabon

City you could imagine throwing a spanner in the works for a laugh, they have, after all, done it before, but surely Liverpool have more class than that?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Why would a Sunday mirror journalist receive a text from Phil Jones's agent? Did Fergie receive the same text too?
Journalists, and agents can be very useful to each other for their respective trades. Journalist to big up an agents client, deliberate leaks, and in return agents give journos inside information (ITK).

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Exactly, surely you see the folly on both sides with this deal? If you didn't buy Jones you could always have bought another winger.
Yeah but its still hilarious as it probably means Carragher and Skirtel at CB for you guys for another season. If that costs 16mil its a price worth paying.

We may also end up converting him to a DM which given the right education he may eventually be more suited to due to his slight lack of height(5'11 apparently so not a midget and as tall as Gallas).

Mainoldo

His passed his medical, he's agreed terms. Don't think he's going anywhere else. Are the media trying to mess up our 'young national teams hopes now aswell':lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I reckon Venkey's holding up transfer was all just speculation.

Are they even in the UK?

WireRed

I reckon Venkey's holding up transfer was all just speculation.

Are they even in the UK?
It's still not done now, nearly 4 days on from him agreeing a contract and passing a medical, there is clearly something holding it up and this is as strong a rumour/explanation as you'll find.

Whether they are here or not doesn't matter, all it needs is their refusal to sanction it and it'll continue to drag on, whether they are here, in India, Timbuktoo, or Mars.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
It's still not done now, nearly 4 days on from him agreeing a contract and passing a medical, there is clearly something holding it up and this is as strong a rumour/explanation as you'll find.

Whether they are here or not doesn't matter, all it needs is their refusal to sanction it and it'll continue to drag on, whether they are here, in India, Timbuktoo, or Mars.
There is a very good chance they are on Mars, they are certainly not on this planet!

Ekeke

I wonder if both sides would be open to the idea of Jones staying on loan for a season at Blackburn if there is something wrong with this deal. Afterall we wanted him for next season and have moved because of other teams interest. And Blackburn would have a player their owners value at £25 million for a season... Seems like that would suit both parties if theres a problem

jeston

MOgdenTelegraph Mark Ogden
There have been more hitches and surprises in Phil Jones / #mufc move today, but deal should go through, finally, tmrw.

forrie_x

I wonder if both sides would be open to the idea of Jones staying on loan for a season at Blackburn if there is something wrong with this deal. Afterall we wanted him for next season and have moved because of other teams interest. And Blackburn would have a player their owners value at £25 million for a season... Seems like that would suit both parties if theres a problem
There was word of this earlier on.
However, relationships might be strained after what seems to be going on, dont know if the 2 parties will be too keen on doing each other a favour, despite it seemingly being a win-win.

I would laugh my self silly if the Daily Mail story about renewed bids from Liverpool and Arsenal being higher than ours. I find it unlikely, as I'm sure they'd be aware of the release clause as well

And even more so, would know of Jones' desire to go to United seeing as medical has been passed, and more importantly, terms agreed

Skywarden

I would laugh my self silly if the Daily Mail story about renewed bids from Liverpool and Arsenal being higher than ours. I find it unlikely, as I'm sure they'd be aware of the release clause as well

And even more so, would know of Jones' desire to go to United seeing as medical has been passed, and more importantly, terms agreed
Conveniently:

MOgdenTelegraph
Lpool did make new bid for Jones today. Odd. Player already rejected #lfc for #mufc, so tough position for him. Utd to conclude tmrw.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
The muppet in me is dying. Need a signing to be announced by nex week. Any signing. I don't care if it's re-signing Djemba-Djemba.

WireRed

If Liverpool did indeed make a bid to try and drive up the price, then that's as shallow as it gets I'm afraid. They'd offically join City in the existing only to obsess/try to win hollow battles over United category.

Drainy

If Liverpool did indeed make a bid to try and drive up the price, then that's as shallow as it gets I'm afraid. They'd offically join City in the existing only to obsess/try to win hollow battles over United category.
Somebody should write an article about how obsessed they are with us after we got to 19, and how Dalglish is rattled by Fergie based on this obviously damning evidence..

WireRed

Somebody should write an article about how obsessed they are with us after we got to 19, and how Dalglish is rattled by Fergie based on this obviously damning evidence..
How else would you describe it? They obviously held and interest in the player but he made his choice and it wasn't them, the fact they may have made a bigger offer presumably after catching wind of Venky's retardedness just to screw us out of an extra few quid is small-time.

I bet their Phil Jones thread got re-opened on RAWK, with lots of posts of how "It's on"

Drainy

How else would you describe it? They obviously held and interest in the player but he made his choice and it wasn't them, the fact they may have made a bigger offer presumably after catching wind of Venky's retardedness just to screw us out of an extra few quid is small-time.
Yeah, they are trying to jack the price up for us. They clearly lost the player.
It was more a reference at David Prentice: Fergie already rattled by Liverpool FC's squad plans - David Prentice - Columnists - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.