Phil Jones

Commadus

Look we all know about add on clauses - but what is the point of a buy out clause - pretty pointles if you still have to pay above it.

If we got gouged I sincerely hope Blackburn fecking get relegatd they have conducted themselves like cheap hucksters.

We offered 16.5m - an excellent offer but them toe rags wanted more.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Look we all know about add on clauses - but what is the point of a buy out clause - pretty pointles if you still have to pay above it.

If we got gouged I sincerely hope Blackburn fecking get relegatd they have conducted themselves like cheap hucksters.

Several reports indicated the buy-out clause also required £4m in add-ons.

I'm always right

It's no big deal, it's a few million based SOLEY on us being successful, it's a great deal for all parties and exactly what you should expect a big club to do in this type of situation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can we stop moaning about the fee? We've got him now.

Rio, Owen and Rooney all happy to have him on board.

prateik

If it wasnt a part of the release clause, then I wouldnt be surprised if its just for show.
like 1m for 100 league games and the rest after winning the treble or something like that.

essentially so Blackburn can label it as a 'club record deal' and show that their owners stood up against the big bad club who dared to trigger the release clause.

Guess we'll never know... The fact that we agreed to it so quickly makes me believe we are quite happy with it and didnt drag it on further, especially considering the player is away for another two weeks and preseason, for this player, wont start for another 6 weeks.

I'm always right

ha ha ha ha!

They'e been embarrassed tbf and they don't want to admit it.

Like most players with ambition, he wanted to join the countries most successful club. :lol:

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
FFS isnt a couple of million quid of 'potential' add ons worth it if it means we end up winning the league to pay it in the first place and get the player the manager clearly wants?
Yes. Think a few people are worrying too much about Liverpool fans thinking they've got one over on us. Who really gives a shit?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Nope, the following players can play right back

Rafael
Fabio
Jones
Smalling

The following players can play left back

Fabio
Evra
Evans

That's more than enough.
I don't think O'Shea will leave anyway. Why would he want to? He'd have to take a big pay cut, and he's still getting games. He'd have to be told that he was no longer part of our plans and I'm not sure SAF will do that.

Rahul

Just to confirm what Steve Keane actually DID say:

When asked on the fee for Jones Keane said live on SSN " with all the tip bits and add ons you get in contracts these days it could potentially reach the 20 million mark"
Thank you ! THAT sounds more likely.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Goes to show what a cracking deal we got with Smalling last summer. I reckon Fulham are kicking themselves right now

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
According to Sunday's paper, Liverpool have now offered £22 million!

Arsenal and Chelsea both sniffing around apparently.
Yeah Kenny is into sadomasochistic necrophiliac bestiality. He loves flogging a dead horse.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
add ons or no add ons, who the feck cares?

we now have the 2 most exciting English CB prospects around. Well done Fergie

Commadus

So did Pool feck us up on this? Trying to life the bid amount as payback for SAF comment re Adams?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Who gives a shit if its 16 with add-ons, as that means we have either won trophies or he has played a lot of games for United. Happy he's on board