Phil Jones

I'm always right

I assume De Gea deal will be done. Anyone think we need to get a fullback inlight of possible Sheesey leaving and no Gaz and the fact Evra been flat for a while - he probably needs some competition.
Nope, the following players can play right back

Rafael
Fabio
Jones
Smalling

The following players can play left back

Fabio
Evra
Evans

That's more than enough.

Minkaro

I assume De Gea deal will be done. Anyone think we need to get a fullback inlight of possible Sheesey leaving and no Gaz and the fact Evra been flat for a while - he probably needs some competition.
At the risk of being accused of insanity, does anyone else think De Laet could be the O'Shea replacement? I'm not saying that he'll play regularly, but certainly as a back-up player that can play across the defence.

I'm always right

Youd be surprised, RAWK seem to think their bid meant something and made us up ours....:lol:
It's insane, some people just don't understand how football works, United held all the cards here. Player power always wins in these kind of situations.

The same goes for Nasri btw the way, if the lad wants to leave, Arsenal will have pretty much no choice in the matter.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ph1lj0nes Phil Jones
I'd just like to start off by saying that I've loved my time at Blackburn and I will always be a huge fan........

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ph1lj0nes Phil Jones
But this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am looking forward to a new challenge. Thank you for all your kind messages.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Good attitude. I'm looking forward to next season.

I'm always right

ha ha, the thick Liverpool fans thought Kenny had pulled off a "masterstroke" when in fact he got made to look like a desperate feckwit and ended up with egg on his face.

:lol: magic

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It's insane, some people just don't understand how football works, United held all the cards here. Player power always wins in these kind of situations.

The same goes for Nasri btw the way, if the lad wants to leave, Arsenal will have pretty much no choice in the matter.
Venkys getting a quick lesson in the matter of football it seems.

Lets hope Nasri wants to come to us...

even if he goes elswhere...really tough on Arsenal.

MrK

Nope, the following players can play right back

Rafael
Fabio
Jones
Smalling

The following players can play left back

Fabio
Evra
Evans

That's more than enough.
Well you've used Fabio twice, and there's a strong chance Smalling or Jones will be standing in for Rio for a fair number of games. Just an injury to Fabio could leave us with two options either side. That should still be enough with a little luck, but it ain't more than enough.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Venkys getting a quick lesson in the matter of football it seems.

Lets hope Nasri wants to come to us...

even if he goes elswhere...really tough on Arsenal.
Poor Venky, its tough for him to learn that you must never count your chickens until they hatched.

Aporkalypse

Great signing, wonder if we'll see him deployed in defence or midfield first?

ha ha, the thick Liverpool fans thought Kenny had pulled off a "masterstroke" when in fact he got made to look like a desperate feckwit and ended up with egg on his face.

:lol: magic
It is a signal of their intention... to still be outdone by us at every turn.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
(Drawling)
Now there's your problem…
Indeed, i was just curious how they'd try and spin it after being flat out rejected twice by the lad even offering more money, they seem to be living in complete denial and are certain they made us up our bid as "we had to match theirs or there was no deal".

Idiots, as bad as venkys with their lacking of understanding regarding release clauses.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well you've used Fabio twice, and there's a strong chance Smalling or Jones will be standing in for Rio for a fair number of games. Just an injury to Fabio could leave us with two options either side. That should still be enough with a little luck, but it ain't more than enough.
I'd rather O'Shea didn't leave for that reason, but don't think we should sign a fullback if he does go. We should have enough, like you say.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Poor Venky, its tough for him to learn that you must never count your chickens until they hatched.
if they had not inserted that 16 million 'trigger', we could well have had to pay upwrads of 25 mill.

now any other club wanting to do business with them will be highly cautious.

cant wait for them to go down.

stick to chicken farming lads. ;)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
if they had not inserted that 16 million 'trigger', we could well have had to pay upwrads of 25 mill.

now any other club wanting to do business with them will be highly cautious.

cant wait for them to go down.

stick to chicken farming lads. ;)
Well he may have thought that 16m were chicken feed for such talent.

jeston

Kean just confirmed on SSN it will go above £20m with add-ons

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Steve Kean:

We offered him to be the highest paid player in Blackburn history, he wants CL football now (Blackburn will be at that level in few years :lol:)

Fee will be above £20 million with the add-ons

Commadus

Kean just confirmed on SSN it will go above £20m with add-ons
feck we've been had for another £4 or £5m?

FFS. These add ons are just dumb play 5 EPl games, win EPL -wtf mindless shit to gouge us for more.

I'm always right

Valencia and Fletch have also played there but I just left them out.... MORE than enough imo.

I'm always right

Steve Kean:

We offered him to be the highest paid player in Blackburn history, he wants CL football now (Blackburn will be at that level in few years :lol:)

Fee will be above £20 million with the add-ons
So just an entire interview of bullshit. I don't believe a word, especially the CL part :lol:

Allforone

FFS. These add ons are just dumb play 5 EPl games, win EPL -wtf mindless shit to gouge us for more.
Not really its what many have said and expected, we paid the release clause and dependent on the clubs future success included add ons etc etc we havnt paid 20 million for him, in 5 years we might have.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Not really its what many have said and expected, we paid the release clause and dependent on the clubs future success included add ons etc etc we havnt paid 20 million for him, in 5 years we might have.
If we've activated the release clause, why on earth do we have to pay even a penny on top of it?

I'm always right

Calm down people, read Allforone's post and mine above. It WILL be 16.5.

Heardy

I read somewhere that it could rise to c.£20m if United win the League next year, and Jones' appearances for the England first XI etc.

They appear pretty fair add on's for a player of his potential.

Allforone

If we've activated the release clause, why on earth do we have to pay even a penny on top of it?
A sweetner? a lets get it done now and not drag it through the courts all summer gesture?

The fact remains as his agent confirmed yesterday his release clause is set in stone, our bid was 16.5 million and thats what we're paying, as Steve Keane just said on SSN over the course of time if the addons are activated via our on field success it could reach 20, its not 20 today.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It's a goodwill thing dependent on our club doing well, pretty normal in cases with young players.
Goodwill doesn't come into it, he had a release clause, we paid it, the clause was triggered, he's our player (if he agrees terms). £4m+ worth of goodwill, I don't buy it. It may well be that Liverpool's interest and Blackburn playing hardball had indeed forced us to throw in the add-ons to make sure the deal was done and didn't get dragged out.