Philippe Coutinho | Aston Villa player | deal made perm

CM

Feels like 5th season of career mode when the shit clubs starting signing big name players

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He was always overrated, and there is a reason why Liverpool sold him and managed to do better without him. If you need the best out of him everything needs to go through him, and he is not that good for top team to be built around him.

Great signing for Villa though, and I reckon they can make him work really well considering they've had similar type of player in similar position in Grealish.
Think that fairly obvious. £140M and a player that wanted to leave was the reason they sold him.

And having that money basically cover the Van Dijk transfer & the the Allison transfer is the reason why they got better.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Bit of a no brainer for Villa really. Top signing for them. Loan with them paying less than half his wages with an option to buy? No reason not to do it under those conditions. He was class in the EPL so he’s easily worth a punt.
Half his wages is still a lot of money for a team like Villa, surely?! I’m not sure Everton considered James Rodriguez a good signing in the end, even though it followed a similar rationale.

MUFC OK

Think he'll underwhelm in general but I'm 100% certain he'll score in a win against us - either FA Cup or PL.

GMoore23

He'll be fantastic on this loan. We'll then splash out £60m on him with a 6 year contract in the summer and he'll return to being shit.

big rons sovereign

Just in time for a debut and winner against us no doubt.

It's a big coup for Villa, but whether he can find his old form? we shall see.
You just know he's gonna cut inside from the left and smash it into the top corner. Again.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I remember when Everton got James Rodriguez a few seasons back - most were off the assumption that a player who hasnt really cut it at a major club after impressing as a youngster woud do well at a mid table premiership club. They were wrong,

This smacks of a similar application, as player with plenty to prove, who hasn't cut it at a major team, he hasn't shown anything at all worthy of saying he'll do well in the last three/four years.

ForeverRed1

big name for villa. They are definitely a team moving in the right direction. With a good DM and if they can keep the likes of Bailey, ings and courtinho fit.. they can be a decent side.

Gerrard the name brings some pulling power.

Zoo

big name for villa. They are definitely a team moving in the right direction. With a good DM and if they can keep the likes of Bailey, ings and courtinho fit.. they can be a decent side.

Gerrard the name brings some pulling power.
Tyrone Mings is their obvious weak link.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
And?

That's why I said he is overrated, if Barca paid him 30-50m then it's a good piece of business, but paying him that stupid money is ridiculous.
My point is that it wasn't hard for Liverpool to replace him and improve, since he isn't good enough to have the team built around him. Liverpool didn't even buy player in the same mould or position and still manage to make a better team, that's how relevant he was in grand scheme of things.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
hes not that bad. Not the best but could be worse. Just read a report they are looking for a fullback. Though cash and targett were ok
Targett is rubbish. Nowhere near athletic enough for the PL.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
then that’ll be who there looking to replace I guess, maybe Digne would be a good shout for them, he’s available and decent
Definitely a big upgrade IMO.

I think Digne might be looking a little higher though.

Blackwidow

I remember when Everton got James Rodriguez a few seasons back - most were off the assumption that a player who hasnt really cut it at a major club after impressing as a youngster woud do well at a mid table premiership club. They were wrong,

This smacks of a similar application, as player with plenty to prove, who hasn't cut it at a major team, he hasn't shown anything at all worthy of saying he'll do well in the last three/four years.
The thing is not that James did not really cut it at a major club. At Real he was fine whenever he played - but they weren't really in for a no. 10 and Kroos and Modric needed a sweeper behind them - not another no. 10 in front of them. Modric and Kroos were favoured by the coach - and that made it very difficult for James.

At Bayern with Heynckes he was one of the best players - he played a double 8 with Müller and they functioned great together. With Kovac it was different - and Thiago was back who missed a lot of the previous season. If Heynckes would have stayed the James story in the second season would have run differently.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The thing is not that James did not really cut it at a major club. At Real he was fine whenever he played - but they weren't really in for a no. 10 and Kroos and Modric needed a sweeper behind them - not another no. 10 in front of them. Modric and Kroos were favoured by the coach - and that made it very difficult for James.

At Bayern with Heynckes he was one of the best players - he played a double 8 with Müller and they functioned great together. With Kovac it was different - and Thiago was back who missed a lot of the previous season. If Heynckes would have stayed the James story in the second season would have run differently.
James was brilliant under Heynckes.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Really good signing for them and Coutinho. He needs to get back to the level he was at when we signed him. @FootballHQ where's Gerrard going to play him? Number 10 or out wide?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The other day there was talk of going to Liverpool and I thought I hope he doesn't go there. Could have been genius with Sale and Mane away.

Now he pops up at Villa. Amazing.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
The problem with James at Everton was that he was injured every other game. He was one of their best players when he was on the pitch and a difference maker that they're sorely lacking this season.

Coutinho's injury record is pretty respectable and he'll be motivated to play under Gerrard. I can't see how this goes badly tbh, he's more technically gifted than Grealish is so I can't see why Villa wouldn't accommodate him even if it means letting him off the hook for certain duties.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Think he'll be an excellent player for villa. Knows the league and playing for a manager with plans for him.

Not so excellent that top clubs will be lining up. But maybe he'll gets a move to arsenal or something from it.

::sonny::

And now bissouma

What a team

What a team they are building

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really good signing for them and Coutinho. He needs to get back to the level he was at when we signed him. @FootballHQ where's Gerrard going to play him? Number 10 or out wide?
Number 10 with licence to drift from left perhaps so Grealish lite. We also played with Barkley as number 10 for half of last season before he got injured and came back useless.

We are 12th or 13th in league so realistically not much to play for this season other than building for next year so really well worth the gamble, if he's demotivated then just send him back and he's Barca's problem again. If not then got a fantastic player for the next few years.

Also shows the pulling power of Gerrard as he'd have considered our interest for about 5 seconds if Dean Smith was still in charge.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Number 10 with licence to drift from left perhaps so Grealish lite. We also played with Barkley as number 10 for half of last season before he got injured and came back useless.

We are 12th or 13th in league so realistically not much to play for this season other than building for next year so really well worth the gamble, if he's demotivated then just send him back and he's Barca's problem again. If not then got a fantastic player for the next few years.

Also shows the pulling power of Gerrard as he'd have considered our interest for about 5 seconds if Dean Smith was still in charge.
he will be super motivated to perform so that he will be selected for the world cup. Just like Ousmane Dembele will be healthy for the next 6 months and play like a beast to earn his next big contract and signing fee either at barcelona or else where.

RooneyLegend

When James was fit he was by far Everton's best player. Issue with him is, he can't stay fit. Coutinho has similar issues which hopefully for Villa won't be the case.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Bissouma in addition to this would be an excellent signing. He’s an odd player is coutinho, when he broke through under Rodgers his passing was excellent but his final third contributions non existent. Then under klopp he became monstrous in the final third but wasn’t really a playmaker the way people thought he could be. (iniesta-esque)

Have to confess haven’t seen a lot of him since he left us, but he was unstoppable in the first half of 17/18 for us. If villa add pace to their attack he could be deadly for them.