Philippe Coutinho | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This is looking like it’s going to happen this month which is disappointing. I would’ve hoped that we’d hold out until the summer.

I hope we’ve got someone lined up to replace him. Cheeky £25 million + £1 bid for Sánchez? :drool:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Still not sure what the point in selling him now is, need a replacement to come in and hit the ground running.

Peanut Butter

This is looking like it’s going to happen this month which is disappointing. I would’ve hoped that we’d hold out until the summer.

I hope we’ve got someone lined up to replace him. Cheeky £25 million + £1 bid for Sánchez? :drool:
Sanchez will want to win trophies now, he won't get that at Liverpool.

Arsenal to Liverpool is a sideways move. But you already know that :)

It's a shame Shootinho is off but you've still got some very exciting players plus Keita and VVD to play.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looks like he's off.
Would be a huge blow for them. He's a match winner.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
This week turned from brilliant to depressing real quick.
Depends on what happens next? If they really sell Coutinho and especially Can, there have to be more immediate reinforcements coming. The dream would be to flip Can + €40-50M for Alex Sandro. If Sandro is really on the market that makes too much sense for both teams. Upgrade the left side of defense from Moreno-Lovren to VVD-Sandro. :drool:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal to Liverpool is a sideways move. But you already know that :)
Sideways but with a slight slant that would surprisingly burn your thighs if you were riding your bike up it. ;)

I'm expecting Barca's first offer to come in and it will be massive. Somewhere around the 60m Euros plus 30m in add ons. Mark my words.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This was always going to happen if Barca came back in for him. He threw his toys oout of the pram once so no reason to think he wouldn't do it again unless he had been given assurances.

That said, I don't think they'll miss him as much as I hope they will. Salah and Mane with their pace and movement are still a big threat and Liverpool still have players who can give them service.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Depends on what happens next? If they really sell Coutinho and especially Can, there have to be more immediate reinforcements coming. The dream would be to flip Can + €40-50M for Alex Sandro. If Sandro is really on the market that makes too much sense for both teams. Upgrade the left side of defense from Moreno-Lovren to VVD-Sandro. :drool:
Can't see Sandro wanting to go there, Chelsea and United are both likely to be options in the summer.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Well at least the muppet show is picking up steam now. I give it 48 hours till some newspaper steals the Can-Sandro swap idea. :D

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Don't both clubs have like 7 startable CBs each? Liverpool only has one.
Sandro is a LB, but Liverpool can sell Moreno to United. I hear Mourinho loves smart offensive-minded fullbacks. :lol:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Don't both clubs have like 7 startable CBs each? Liverpool only has one.
He's a LB, and probably top 3/4 in the world in that position. United obviously haven't resolved their issue there yet, and Chelsea were in for Sandro in the summer.

cyberman

Liverpool are lucky they held out this long or they'd have had Lemar flopping about for 90M if they sold last summer.

Solver

It's typical FSG. The VVD signing is like when Everton were spending lots of cash knowing that Lukaku was on his way out.
hahaha... liverpool fans always blame their owners even when their player is being an arsehole - Shoohtinho is really an idiot but long may the sage coutinho ... er, continue

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
hahaha... liverpool fans always blame their owners even when their player is being an arsehole - Shoohtinho is really an idiot but long may the sage coutinho ... er, continue
I could be wrong, but i don't think that's a Liverpool fan.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
If were selling him I hope we negotiate for a replacement first and quick, none of this arsing about at the 11th hour on deadline day bullshit. It was bad enough last summer listening to the Barca boys begging love quotes, he'll only refuse to play for the rest of the month anyway with another phantom injury.

IRELANDUNITED

Your replacement will be Lallana

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It'd be a poor strategy by Liverpool to sell Coutinho now for 130 mil, the same price they could've sold him for in the summer. They'l lose in this transfer saga if he is sold in this window, even though the fee is massively overpriced.

It's not as if they're in a superb position right now that they could argue that keeping Coutinho for these 6 months was worth it, they are in the same position as last year; fighting tooth and nail for fourth place. Now what they'll get is the loss of one of their best players with no time for his replacement to integrate into the side and play to the best of his abilities during the second half of the season. No matter how good a player the replacement is, you cannot expect him to be at his best without a pre-season. Selling Coutinho now will completely disrupt their campaign.

They could've sold him in the summer and bought a replacement in time for him to have a pre-season and bed into the squad. They would've had him for the whole season, which is definitely better than losing Coutinho after just 6 months and having to rush for a replacement.

Last edited:

ti vu

Why dont Barca just wait until the summer?
My guess is it has something to do with election. IIRC it would be held in June or early July which in WC years, the summer signing maybe delayed toward the end of the window. The current men in power need to boost their image after losing Neymar and kinda humiliated not getting Coutinho last summer. Summer deal maybe risky in case L'pool delay the negotiation further and they can't seal deal before election.

Last edited:

plasandrunt

it's a world cup year, If Barcelona wait until the summer then his price will probably shoot up even more.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If were selling him I hope we negotiate for a replacement first and quick, none of this arsing about at the 11th hour on deadline day bullshit. It was bad enough last summer listening to the Barca boys begging love quotes, he'll only refuse to play for the rest of the month anyway with another phantom injury.
You don't need to replace him.

You'll invest elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.