Pique colluding with spanish national federation

Spaghetti

Mom's
Overreaction of the year mate :lol:
Maybe. But not communicating with people or countries because they have different political ideologies is about as closed-minded as it gets. Same with the WC in Qatar. Closed minded westerners demanding that it’s changed because Qatar doesn’t have our culture.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Great post , nice trip down the memory lane, I still think we made a mistake by prioritizing Evans ahead of him
, while he seemed shakey in his few appearances with us , I always thought his quality and ball playing abilities were evident.
Yeah for sure. The year he came back from Zaragoza he played a few times in Champion's League and always looked class. Scored against Roma, I believe?

It's surprising now how we went from playing 13 times for us to 45 times for Barcelona. He formed a great partnership with Puyol from the off (at the expense of Rafa Marquez).

Anywayyy this is a bit beyond the point of the thread. The evil villain.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
But he is not deciding anything, is he? At the end of the day he's just there in the conversations, but the final word belongs to Rubiales and the clubs. Or am I getting it wrong here?

Edit: The Andorra thingy is a little bit more "complicated" though.
The amounts proposed by Piqué are more or less those received by the clubs. I understand that Rubiales has the last word, otherwise we would be talking about a Barcelona player controlling the competitions.
The issue is that his active participation calls into question the neutrality of the organization. And it is Barcelona, imagine that the audio was with a Madrid player! ("Franco" in 3,2,1...)
and I think this is nothing. Crumbs, considering that Piqué is multifaceted. The interesting thing would be Tebas/Roures audios

RoyH1

People are missing the point. It’s not about the Saudis. It’s about an active player colluding with the head of the federation on how to share the revenue from the Saudi deal with other clubs. Hear the audio. IT’s friggin sketchy to hear the head of the Spanish federation making fun of Atlético Madrid’s chances of winning the title on the phone to Pique

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah for sure. The year he came back from Zaragoza he played a few times in Champion's League and always looked class. Scored against Roma, I believe?

It's surprising now how we went from playing 13 times for us to 45 times for Barcelona. He formed a great partnership with Puyol from the off (at the expense of Rafa Marquez).

Anywayyy this is a bit beyond the point of the thread. The evil villain.
Yeah but a nice detour nonetheless and he definitelydid step up massively that season and he gets credit for that . he seems to be much more business savvy than most footballers which is interesting, does a lot of work with his company which at times is rather shady.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
People are missing the point. It’s not about the Saudis. It’s about an active player colluding with the head of the federation on how to share the revenue from the Saudi deal with other clubs. Hear the audio. IT’s friggin sketchy to hear the head of the Spanish federation making fun of Atlético Madrid’s chances of winning the title on the phone to Pique
Exactly the point i was trying to make, its super weird, backroom deals are to be expected in football but an active footballer of his stature doing is just strange to me.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He will give explanations after the game on Twitch.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
A Spanish game should be played in Spain…football is just not for fans anymore.
And Saudi Arabia is not a democracy and don’t exactly stand up for values football is promoting in apparently. But money is king anyway so who cares about fans and values ? So nothing wrong.
Bit rich boycotting a football game for these reasons when most of the west still buy oil and receive money from selling arms.

And our players going to dubai for holiday... Isnt it?

Redfrog

Bit rich boycotting a football game for these reasons when most of the west still buy oil and receive money from selling arms.

And our players going to dubai for holiday... Isnt it?
Well, I don’t go to Dubai to holidays and I don’t agree with the politics in place.
So I don’t get you arguments. We should say nothing just because it’s the way it is ? Why is it rich coming from me ? Am I selling arms ? Ah, yes , I am putting oil in my car so I should just shut up and be thankful and think beheading is a cultural difference, nothing else ?
As Ukraine showed me, I will be happy to pay more for energy if it means Europe respects his values.

Most of all I don’t think football should sold his soul by going to play games in other countries at the detriment of local fans, the game being played in US or in Dubai.

Charlie Foley

English football is played 7842 Km from China or 4382 Km from the middle-east.
:lol: :lol:
Nah, he moved to Barcelona in 2008 which was about 4 years before either of them declined. We also had Jonjo Evans in front of him.

IIRC it was surprising how quickly he established himself in their first team. He'd had decent loan at Zaragoza but I don't think people expected it.

He was a fantastic player at youth level though. Him and Rossi were leaps above everyone back then.

Edit - Bit of a pile on here :)
Didn’t Rio start to have back trouble in 09/10? Maybe I’m misrememberingHe only played 13 games in the league that year, 21 overall. The following season, 19 league games, 29 over all. Definitely would have been playing time available for Pique.

Vidic meanwhile played 24 league games in 09/10 but to be fair was a monster in both the prior and following seasons.

oh well. It was definitely the right move for Pique, I was just very disappointed at the time, and always felt like we were very unlucky on the timing of his departure and Rio’s injuries

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday different journalists asked him questions. The biggest clash was with Castaño (Cope). The journalist told him that he cannot be judge and jury, and that there is a conflict of interest, suspicions, etc.
Piqué replies that they are throwing shit without reason, that it is a valid agreement, that whoever thinks that this could lead to some kind of of help is wrong, that what needs to be investigated is who leaks the audios
MrChip tells him more or less the same thing, that the Federation controls referees, that he owns teams in the competition and that a feeling of gratitude could arise. Piqué rambles about the different cultures, and that each one responds in a different way, that in Spain, as there has been so much corruption, we are very distrustful

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yesterday different journalists asked him questions. The biggest clash was with Castaño (Cope). The journalist told him that he cannot be judge and jury, and that there is a conflict of interest, suspicions, etc.
Piqué replies that they are throwing shit without reason, that it is a valid agreement, that whoever thinks that this could lead to some kind of of help is wrong, that what needs to be investigated is who leaks the audios
MrChip tells him more or less the same thing, that the Federation controls referees, that he owns teams in the competition and that a feeling of gratitude could arise. Piqué rambles about the different cultures, and that each one responds in a different way, that in Spain, as there has been so much corruption, we are very distrustful
What does he mean by different cultures? Aren't they fellow countrymen?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What does he mean by different cultures? Aren't they fellow countrymen?
Yes, but he does not refer to them, but to how people react to these events in one place or another. There is no sense in what he says:

"We are a country in which there have been so many bad experiences at the political level that it seems that the minute there is something, then sure that looks bad, that there is something fishy going on.
The Japanese commit suicide when something like this happens. The Germans...I mean, the cultures are very different, they feel bad, their conscience is uneasy and well...and they make decisions, well, and what I mean by all this...just because 100,000, 10,000 or 1,000 people do it doesn't mean that everybody does it."

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Every time Piqué opens his mouth, he proves he's not an intellectual.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The guy is a scumbag. He's already ruined the Davis Cup in tennis and now he's onto football.

Denis79

Maybe. But not communicating with people or countries because they have different political ideologies is about as closed-minded as it gets. Same with the WC in Qatar. Closed minded westerners demanding that it’s changed because Qatar doesn’t have our culture.
It's not culture or just a different political ideology. It's murderous regime that has violated human rights repeatedly.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yes, but he does not refer to them, but to how people react to these events in one place or another. There is no sense in what he says:

"We are a country in which there have been so many bad experiences at the political level that it seems that the minute there is something, then sure that looks bad, that there is something fishy going on.
The Japanese commit suicide when something like this happens. The Germans...I mean, the cultures are very different, they feel bad, their conscience is uneasy and well...and they make decisions, well, and what I mean by all this...just because 100,000, 10,000 or 1,000 people do it doesn't mean that everybody does it."
Ok that makes a bit more sense.
Still a very strange way to deflect the accusations.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
What surprises me more than anything is how bad Pique and Rubiales never got themselves legal counsel involved and also, based on Pique’s reaction, I assume they never questioned if his interaction could be interpreted as a COI.

Now, I really don’t think he received any help in the commission or the fee. But I do believe that this leads to a lot of suspicion towards Barcelona and Real Madrid. Basically, what they are saying is that the Saudis only interest is that the RFEF can assure these 2 teams participate and get a bigger piece of the cake. Although this may not be ilegal, it could be seen as not loyal to the rest of the teams that participate and based on Spanish competition Law could claim its unfair.

But yes, I think Pique’s biggest help goes to his Andorra team. A little league no one watches with competition having little ways to oppose, it’s likely they can do whatever they want at that level.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What surprises me more than anything is how bad Pique and Rubiales never got themselves legal counsel involved and also, based on Pique’s reaction, I assume they never questioned if his interaction could be interpreted as a COI.

Now, I really don’t think he received any help in the commission or the fee. But I do believe that this leads to a lot of suspicion towards Barcelona and Real Madrid. Basically, what they are saying is that the Saudis only interest is that the RFEF can assure these 2 teams participate and get a bigger piece of the cake. Although this may not be ilegal, it could be seen as not loyal to the rest of the teams that participate and based on Spanish competition Law could claim its unfair.

But yes, I think Pique’s biggest help goes to his Andorra team. A little league no one watches with competition having little ways to oppose, it’s likely they can do whatever they want at that level.
The big 2 definitely have too much power over there exacerbated by the fact that no one is capable of beating them of their perch.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In today's episode:
-A supposed offer from Qatar for the Super Cup but in which commission payments were not included and was rejected.
-An audio of Piqué asking for help from Rubiales to be able to go with the NT to the Olympic games. He wanted a meeting with the coach and discretion to prevent other players from signing up (Ramos)
Rubiales gave a grotesque press conference in which he barely answered what was asked of him, playing the victim

Red the Bear

Something less generic
In today's episode:
-A supposed offer from Qatar for the Super Cup but in which commission payments were not included and was rejected.
-An audio of Piqué asking for help from Rubiales to be able to go with the NT to the Olympic games. He wanted a meeting with the coach and discretion to prevent other players from signing up (Ramos)
Rubiales gave a grotesque press conference in which he barely answered what was asked of him, playing the victim
This is a gift that keeps on giving.
I hope he becomes their president one day , the fiasco that will ensue will be worth the entertainment .

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Cope wrote a tweet implying that Piqué had asked for favors for their trade agreement, contrary to what he had said. Piqué responds by saying that insinuating that he is asking for a favor is of great moral turpitude, and reminds them that in the past they insinuated that Barcelona was doping
A few minutes ago they started with the Andorra audios

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Cope wrote a tweet implying that Piqué had asked for favors for their trade agreement, contrary to what he had said. Piqué responds by saying that insinuating that he is asking for a favor is of great moral turpitude, and reminds them that in the past they insinuated that Barcelona was doping
A few minutes ago they started with the Andorra audios
What made him get involved in the operating business of football anyway?
Strange thing to get into for an active footballer.

Wing Attack Plan R

He's accused of accepting 6 million euros for colluding to do so, doesn't really matter where really.
I think you misunderstood, it wasn't about the location it was about an active player colluding to make this happen through his company and getting money for it.
It’s like getting caught with a prostitute. The Saudi Arabia part makes it like getting caught with a male prostitute.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It’s like getting caught with a prostitute. The Saudi Arabia part makes it like getting caught with a male prostitute.
Now now let's not get too politically incorrect :nervous: his attempts at deflection are what makes this so hilarious, would make for a nice mockumantry i posit.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What made him get involved in the operating business of football anyway?
Strange thing to get into for an active footballer.
I have no idea. He created that company with the owner of Rakuten. If he saw a good business in tennis, surely there was also one in football

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Regarding Andorra, at the moment there is only one audio in which he calls asking for information about the place that is free but apparently then he asked for an easy group (until two years ago 2B had 4 groups).
Piqué did not want to go to the Catalan group and insisted even asking to go to the southern group (Andalucía), to which Rubiales told him no "if I send Marbella to Andorra they will kill me".
Andorra had preference since it was from the regional zone of the relegated team(Reus), but by law it could not obtain the place since it was required to have played in "tercera", which they did not do. They skipped a category directly, which meant claims from other teams

Red the Bear

Something less generic
not that I know, but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Ramos also had very close contact with the federation
It's not a very healthy thing to do having players such an impact on the inner workings of it.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I am mostly impressed how shameless he is. He knows that nobody is going to do anything about. Barca fans will pretend that nothing happened and next time a pen is awarded against them, they'll talk about how the league is controlled by Real and how everyone is against them.

Does any Madrid player engage in similar acts?
Most federations are cesspits of corruption and shady connections. I am sure that there are enough players/functionaries who trade favors and collude to some extend. Few players have far-reaching business interests and connections like Pique. Its honestly incredible.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I am mostly impressed how shameless he is. He knows that nobody is going to do anything about. Barca fans will pretend that nothing happened and next time a pen is awarded against them, they'll talk about how the league is controlled by Real and how everyone is against them.

Most federations are cesspits of corruption and shady connections. I am sure that there are enough players/functionaries who trade favors and collude to some extend. Few players have far-reaching business interests and connections like Pique. Its honestly incredible.
At this point you just gotta sit back and admire his craft , very impression what he's been able to pull of and he hasn't even retired yet.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
How is he connected with the Saudi's anyway ?

All seems very odd. Ethically it's not something a current player should be involved.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Although this seems like a shady deal, I also wonder... Who's behind this leak? I see that today a new leak was revealed that Piqué made some other requests for his Andorran team.

How is it that the rest of the clubs that participate in the Spanish Super Cup didn't know Kosmos was behind the deal? Why didn't they object the deal in that moment and why haven't they objected now? Can't La Liga (as a 3rd party with interest) claim or at least request a clarification into the Bid made by Kosmos in behalf of the Clubs that it represents?

Also, I listened to Rubiales press conference and... omg, is this guy really an executive? When I heard his comparison of the leaks with him expecting somebody to plant him cocaine into a suit... They way he speaks makes me think he is not only guilty of colluding in this deal, but in others way more severe.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
People like Pique have everything life can give and more, why does he need to get involved in this kind of things?

At times I wonder who gives advice to these public personalities to take such bad decisions.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
People like Pique have everything life can give and more, why does he need to get involved in this kind of things?

At times I wonder who gives advice to these public personalities to take such bad decisions.
(1) Piqué loves attention and being in the spotlights. He married a famous woman, he likes bullying Espanyol and made fun non-charmingly of former colleagues like Arbeloa. He also dreams of being Barcelona's President and ambiguously supports Catalan independence while playing for Spain.

(2) Related to (1), I think he doesn't ask/receive any advice save for, let's say, entity management or legal operations... But he doesn't seek any legal/professional advice related to his Public Relations because he is that kind of dude that his ego tells him "you know it all, you can handle it".

Conclussion: I get he is egocentristic and superficial. Is not a coincidence that him and Ramos are so alike.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ok so now Ramos has got involved :lol:
Here's the mail article (yeah its mail but its valid i think)
Article
This is great.