PL Weekend 30th/31st

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What do they need? I always thought they were moving the ball very good against us early in the season. Constantly creating space in wide areas etc.
Better strikers, better defenders

They are great between the boxes, and bad in the boxes. Unfortunately for them the latter is what truly matters

rooney2009

Playing Liverpool in their last game has sucked the energy out of this Spurs Team like what happened to us

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Brighton can't win this after all these missed chances, Premier League football just doesn't work like that. I'm calling a similar ending to this match as the last Spurs cup game.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Is there a more wasteful team in the league than Brighton? Every time I watch them they seem to be on top for most of their games, miss 5/6 decent chances, then end up crumbling. Odd.

kidbob

If they get Kane then it’ll be the same as when they had peak Aguero in many ways. It wasn’t the end of the world.
Your right but if we had him we'd be instantly title challengers. He's that good. Maybe Haaland could be that guy too but fat chance since Roy Keane dropped a nuclear bomb on Norway and killed his entire family.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brighton can't win this after all these missed chances, Premier League football just doesn't work like that. I'm calling a similar ending to this match as the last Spurs cup game.
Although in fairness, as a Wycombe fan, I can admit we poached one goal, and Tottenham missed a sh!ttone all game!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs basically playing no central midfield now, five attackers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Your right but if we had him we'd be instantly title challengers. He's that good. Maybe Haaland could be that guy too but fat chance since Roy Keane dropped a nuclear bomb on Norway and killed his entire family.
I'm not actually sure signing Kane would take us to the title.

This version of Kane spends a lot of time coming deep. Which we don't need.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Money talks. If we want a world class striker, we can get one but need to pay.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hate this late offside thing, Trossard could've got serious injury there so needlessly.

kidbob

I'm not actually sure signing Kane would take us to the title.

This version of Kane spends a lot of time coming deep. Which we don't need.
You could be right but I think its just the team hes in. Even then his passing range is good and Bruno loves going past his strikers, also Kane still scores a bucket loads of goals which is something we lack from our strikers. I've still hope though that Mason will make that position his own in the future.

el3mel

Kane is great, but investing in Haaland will be better long term, even if his agent is Raiola.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
xG says nothing about where a team should be in the table, watch the game with your eyes and stop being a nerd.

xG does not catch game momentum. You could be losing 3-0 and then produce five huge chances when the other team strolls and sub their best players, and end up with an even xG. A good team (United) that scores early from a fluke can defend a lead pretty comfortably and end up with an xG at 0.2 vs. 1.5, and it says nothing about the game or strength between the teams. If the other team (Newcastle) equalize after 30 minutes, the first team can/will up their game to score another - but this does not show in xG. Football is about scoring more goals than the other team, you do not get more points for scoring more goals if the other doesn’t score. A high xG but losing early on and losing the game, says nothing about the game if the scoring team is cruising.
Finally, someone else sees through people using expected goals per game, instead of using them how they should be used...a complete season.

The overuse of expected goals is all down to football manager in my opinion.
It serves a purpose, but not how people on here use it.