PL Weekend 30th/31st

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Just realised we have conceded more goals in the league than any of the other teams currently in the top 11 :houllier:

Bulldog United

feck. Didn’t think we’d be back to hoping for City wins but in a few weeks we could be back in that dark place.
I’m not overly concerned about them beating Spurs and West Ham. Both were expected results for me against unreliable sides. I can’t see them beating City next week. 7 points is a very healthy lead when you’re defending as well as City, and have the quality they possess at the other end of the pitch - with players to come back.

Liverpool could go on a big run I suppose, even though I don’t see it, but City have all the experience of handling the pressure of defending a lead at the top.

I don’t feel like I need to cheer on City as I believe nature is taking care of Liverpool’s chances by herself. They will remain as the one time Premier League champions, and hopefully we can still finish ahead of them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is the general forum. It really doesn't matter how bad or overrated the ancelotti is. That's a separate argument. Ole is crap.

And I wouldn't worry about top 4. It'll do Utd more good if you miss out and he's sacked.
Some of our fans look down on pedigree due to lvg and Mourinho not working out. We're above that now apparently

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I feel uneasy feeling content with where we are in the table after the money we've spent in the past two campaigns.

el3mel

IIRC you were leading the PL. Losing to the likes of Newcastle is poor mate. Saying that there’s only so much you can do is the ultimate vilification of your. club and coach
"You" wait what, I'm your friend, a normal Man United fan. :lol:

I'm just saying we're a big club, Everton ultimately a midtable one, regardless of who is managing them. No matter how much effort Carlo puts in there, Everton aren't going to be a team you expect to win trophies or defeat big teams.

United Hobbit

None of the other top six are likable.

I would have Spurs, but I don’t like them because of Glaston. Imagine putting up with him when they actually win something.

I despite Arsenal and their fans. Chelsea winning it would mean nothing, so they are the best of the worst.
Very true, plus you have the added factor of Jose at Spurs. I'd take Leicester as they're fairly harmless but I don't see them winning it. Don't want Chelsea but would take them over City or Liverpool.

I'd take City over Liverpool the thought of them equaling our 20 is sickening

united_99

This is the general forum. It really doesn't matter how bad or overrated the ancelotti is. That's a separate argument. Ole is crap.

And I wouldn't worry about top 4. It'll do Utd more good if you miss out and he's sacked.
:o Yes we get it, you don’t rate Ole, but maybe start worrying about your team more. Even with a good manager you lot just don’t seem to improve beyond the usual good run of a few games.

Sylar

Dawson
1-3

Couldnt this happen at 1-0 instead of that counter?

Liverpool vs city next week. A week ago I was thinking a Liverpool win would be good, but spurs and West Ham did their thing and we did our thing vs Sheffield United at home.

Funny thing is if we beat Sheffield United we would have been 9? Points clear by the time Liverpool faced Spurs?
Mad

Valley Blue

Supports
Manchester City
Well done to Jose and Moyes on allowing Liverpool to find their mojo again. I think they will go on to beat Man City next weekend as City have a woeful record in Anfield.
City have a terrible record there, no fans & not smashing up the coach might make a difference though....

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just realised we have conceded more goals in the league than any of the other teams currently in the top 11 :houllier:
It’s genuinely amazing we are where we are. We can’t score goals and we can’t keep them out at the other end. Generally not a formula for success.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Was nice to have a few jabs at Liverpool while it lasted. What could've easily been 9 points is now 1.

The champs are back, you’ve had a good run and a month of laughs, but both Manchester boys were hunting you down!
Shut up.

Bulldog United

The champs are back, you’ve had a good run and a month of laughs, but both Manchester boys were hunting you down!
You are still third and effectively seven points behind City with a useless defence. I’m expecting plenty more comedy at your expense this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What about the bigger picture? Liverpool face City next weekend. I think it’s better for them to have skin in the game to haul the leaders in which also benefits us. Christ, Liverpool are the reigning champions - it was inevitable they would string a few wins together at some stage :lol:
Yes, but we hoped they wouldn't suddenly boot Tottenham and West Ham, both supposedly tough aways so easy, and with such a dire lineup today.

If they're within 2-3 points of 1st after City and Leicester away, it'll be ominous, as City's run of playing the bottom 5 every week will have come and gone.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It’s genuinely amazing we are where we are. We can’t score goals and we can’t keep them out at the other end. Generally not a formula for success.
Tbf only Liverpool have scored more goals than us in the league so far, so we're not quite so bad in that regard. Though with some of our front players' performances in mind, I'm not sure how exactly we've pulled off that trick.

Locke

Bojan in swedish media saying that Liverpool missing a whole worldclass starting eleven but still perform this good..

united_99

Not surprising, our defence is hilarious.
Not just defence. Wide players not helping fullbacks and lack of DM, plus basically everyone giving the ball away so often. All this puts the defence under huge pressure. Ole has to sort it out!

Lee565

Thank you mourinho in allowing liverpool to recapture their confidence for god sake.

Once again two matches today where both resulted in away wins

Ludens the Red

Over the last year, our results are comparable. We are in this race and people need to stop shitting the bed.
All I said were people were silly to write off Liverpool and them and city would pull clear. But if we want to get into the debate. I’m just basing this off the whole picture rather than , ‘ calendar year’ and ‘since Bruno came table’. Not that a title challenge was expected anyway to be fair so from my point of view there’s no bed shitting. Them and city have clearly dropped off a level this season but they have better squads/manager, experience, more result sustainable football, it is not an outrageous suggestion to think they might pull clear and it’s not a slight on us if we can’t keep up with them.

pascell

Thank you mourinho in allowing liverpool to recapture their confidence for god sake.

Once again two matches today where both resulted in away wins
We played a big part in our two games against them, 0-0 and then we conceded two vs them when they're attack wasn't looking in form and confident.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yes, but we hoped they wouldn't suddenly boot Tottenham and West Ham, both supposedly tough aways so easy, and with such a dire lineup today.

If they're within 2-3 points of 1st after City and Leicester away, it'll be ominous, as City's run of playing the bottom 5 every week will have come and gone.
So now it’s Liverpool’s turn to be ominous. After City had their turn looking ominous. These are good teams who are used to winning. They were always going to find form. The key is that they are also prone to dropping more points this season and we have done a good job ourselves. People are pissing the bed. Let’s have a bit of faith.