Players whose stints at United are totally forgotten....

glasgow 21

Mctominay and Elanga, i have forgotten them already hope it works in the real world.

Shaggy1988

Ljajic didn't come because like Celio Silva before him,he wasn't granted a work permit on lack of international caps. Which considering at that time how good we were at getting around that clause, with the special talent bracket. Was more than a little surprising.

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No doubt already mentioned in his thread, but this guy

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Who was that striker we signed from Norway League in 2000's era? There was a bit of buzz around him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thanks. Yes, that's him.
Don't think there was any legitimate buzz around him tbf. We had all that "the one" stuff on here but I think it was all with quite a large pinch of salt.

El Zoido

No doubt already mentioned in his thread, but this guy

Considering how Jose treated him, and he didn’t play that many games for us, he’s a proper red. Seems like he watches all our games and is always up for it.

Baneofthegame

Considering how Jose treated him, and he didn’t play that many games for us, he’s a proper red. Seems like he watches all our games and is always up for it.
Yeah, whilst his time here wasn't great, he always seems to be following us still, so lots of love for him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Don't think there was any legitimate buzz around him tbf. We had all that "the one" stuff on here but I think it was all with quite a large pinch of salt.
"We signed a young player yesterday from Norway, who we've been looking at for two years," United manager Alex Ferguson said.

Probably that quote helped a lot.

Bondi77

A name popped up the other day but I just cannot remember it now.

Hughes35

Saw a meme going around about Luis Saha the other day. I think he's forgotten because he had some injuries and was awful after them.

When he was fit and firing he was a genuinely great player. Rated him really highly but he never gets mentioned.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
For me it's basically anyone signed during the Van Gaal premiership. The only time in my life I haven't watched every united game. It was just so boring.

pauldyson1uk

How we let Peter Beardsley slip through our fingers will remain a mystery to me
he was pretty decent
I was there the half a match he played for us, came from Vancouver Whitecaps, played the first half of a cup game, Ron Atkinson took him off, no idea why, he was doing well.
Somebody higher up said we have Mark Hughes for nothing , he is better so we did not pay the £400-500,000 fee.
[/QUOTE]

Rossa

There's been a few that few people will remember without having to think about it
Diouf
Obertan
Dong
VDB will probably fall into that category
Marc Bosnic
Büttner

Glorio

Kleberson. World cup winner, can't even remember him kicking a ball for us.
Exactly - at least we remember Djemba Djemba doing a job on Jay Jay Okocha in that game versus Bolton.

All I remember from Kleberson is standing with Ronaldo in the signing pictures.

nakpodiareuben

Ljajic didn't come because like Celio Silva before him,he wasn't granted a work permit on lack of international caps. Which considering at that time how good we were at getting around that clause, with the special talent bracket. Was more than a little surprising.

Tosic....I remembered I was thinking he was the next David Beckham

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He was a decent fullback for several years actually. Never United material though. I remember a 39 year old Giggs completely destroying him in a 50 yard sprint.
given that Beardsley is 12 years older than Giggs I am not surprised , he'd have been 51! On top of that he never played as full back as far as I remember and when Giggs was 39 he was manager of Newcastle's reserves - was it a testimonial?

EDIT just seen the Beardsley/Bardsley possible mix up which makes much more sense! Beardsley was the one who got worst bum burn ever when sliding off the pitch across a cinder running track, his arse was ripped to shreds!

andy0

Is this actually a Phil Bardsley joke or are you confused?
I've still got a slight suspicion that signing Massimo Taibi was a cockup. Imagine a conversation:

"What's the name of that Italian goalkeeper, about 5 letters, begins with T? He'd be good if he'd like to come here."

"Ok, leave it with us."

We got Taibi, and Francesco Toldo stayed where he was.

Rossa

given that Beardsley is 12 years older than Giggs I am not surprised , he'd have been 51! On top of that he never played as full back as far as I remember and when Giggs was 39 he was manager of Newcastle's reserves - was it a testimonial?

EDIT just seen the Beardsley/Bardsley possible mix up which makes much more sense! Beardsley was the one who got worst bum burn ever when sliding off the pitch across a cinder running track, his arse was ripped to shreds!
Yeah, I thought of Phils Bardsley, who is 37 by now and still active, and he did have a short stint at United, probably mostly forgotten - so a 39 year old Giggs outpacing him with ease was more impressive :)

David De Gea

Ritchie de Leat popped in to my head the other day and had to look him up to see what ever became of him.

I remember a time when there were great hopes for Magnus Wolf Eikrem but looking at his career since it seems he found his level in the Norwegian league.

I remember being excited after poaching Davide Petrucci from Roma and yet his career since leaving United has amounted to touring various European back waters.

Mind the time Andy Goram came down from Scotland, Wikipedia says he only made two appearances for United so I'm sure he'd be easily forgotten.

Final one for a guy I dont often see mentioned...well...anywhere is Jesper Blomqvist. Had that distinctive style of always having his sleeves pulled over his hands. I remember him being a very able deputy for Giggs when he had frequent injuries.

andy0

Michael Appleton has just been sacked as Blackpool manager.

His playing career started at Man Utd

vodrake

Ritchie de Leat popped in to my head the other day and had to look him up to see what ever became of him.

I remember a time when there were great hopes for Magnus Wolf Eikrem but looking at his career since it seems he found his level in the Norwegian league.

I remember being excited after poaching Davide Petrucci from Roma and yet his career since leaving United has amounted to touring various European back waters.

Mind the time Andy Goram came down from Scotland, Wikipedia says he only made two appearances for United so I'm sure he'd be easily forgotten.

Final one for a guy I dont often see mentioned...well...anywhere is Jesper Blomqvist. Had that distinctive style of always having his sleeves pulled over his hands. I remember him being a very able deputy for Giggs when he had frequent injuries.
Just reminded me of Mats Møller Dæhli as well. Another of the "We'll be buying him back for 10 times the price in a few years!" group who didn't make the transition from hyped Wonderkid to top level player. Been playing in the German 2nd Division for the past few years