Playstation 3

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
The E.S.R.B. – Early warning System for Releases, Baby! - has conveniently rated Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PlayStation 3) and Grand Theft Auto 3 (PlayStation 3).

No news if these are HD remakes or the PS2 version made to run on the PS3 but whatever they are, the news has made a lot of people happy including our very own CC_Star.

“GTA3 & GTA:VC on PS3… F*** YES!!!! Don’t care for GTAV now,” he said.

Told you he was happy.

We played the recent iPad port a while back and quite liked it, but proper controls will make this a remake worth having, for sure. We’ll let you know if Rockstar fire out any more info.
Grand Theft Auto 3 And Vice City Heading To PS3 | Gaming News and Opinion at TheSixthAxis.com

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
For the last week or so I've been unable to see my friends list on PSN. It just shows my name and nothing underneath. My online is working fine so I've no idea why it's happening.

Any suggestions?

Levo

Band of Brothers
For the last week or so I've been unable to see my friends list on PSN. It just shows my name and nothing underneath. My online is working fine so I've no idea why it's happening.

Any suggestions?
Everyone's deleted you.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Last couple of times I've tried updating the FIFA rosters has caused by PS3 to completely freeze. I've had to restart it and on both occassons I'm getting a message telling me it's going to do some check to make sure the harddrive has not been corrupted.

Anyone know if this is a problem caused by FIFA's servers (nothing serious) or is there something wrong with my PS3 and it's beginning to die?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Last couple of times I've tried updating the FIFA rosters has caused by PS3 to completely freeze. I've had to restart it and on both occassons I'm getting a message telling me it's going to do some check to make sure the harddrive has not been corrupted.

Anyone know if this is a problem caused by FIFA's servers (nothing serious) or is there something wrong with my PS3 and it's beginning to die?
I have had that happen to me many times, it hasn't affected my ps3 at all. How old is your ps3?

ha_rooney

I have had that happen to me many times, it hasn't affected my ps3 at all. How old is your ps3?
2 years. It's still insured for 8 more months so if it's going to die then so be it, I'm more concerned I'll lose my game saves.

Leg-End

2 years. It's still insured for 8 more months so if it's going to die then so be it, I'm more concerned I'll lose my game saves.
If you suspect its getting near death just backup your save files on a usb stick now and again.

ha_rooney

Mine is around the same age, is your hard drive nearly full?
Nope, got about 100gb free.

If you suspect its getting near death just backup your save files on a usb stick now and again.
Will do that. I usually do a backup of the PS3 every few months onto an external harddrive but apparently some game saves are copy protected so cannot be backed up.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So, before Dual Shock 3 arrived in Europe I bought one from Hong Kong. 25 Quid, arrived within a week, cheaper than a sixaxis, brilliant. Now every PS3 controller seems to be around 35-45 quid and the only cheap ones from Hong Kong appear to be fakes. So I began to suspect that I had been conned all those years ago.

Except I haven't, my Dual Shock is perfect, works perfectly even though its been through the wars, is responsive, and has none of the cosmetic flaws that the fakes on youtube do.

So why do Playstation controllers cost so much? 5 Controllers cost as much as the system itself.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Probably because they're all wireless with in built batteries, bluetooth connectable, and built like brick shit houses.

Really unless you treat them horrendously bad, they'll last the entire life of a console and even then some. Some people are still using DS2 from 2004 on their ps3's.

Leg-End

I really hope the Shenmue HD rumours are true and we get some confirmation soon enough. If it sold well enough it might force Sega's hand into making some more.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Probably because they're all wireless with in built batteries, bluetooth connectable, and built like brick shit houses.

Really unless you treat them horrendously bad, they'll last the entire life of a console and even then some. Some people are still using DS2 from 2004 on their ps3's.
It's ages since I played my PS3 so I might be wrong but don't they have tilt sensors inside them as well?

rcoobc

@Weaste, when is Left4Dead coming out on the ps3

rcoobc

Why? I mean obviously at the time of being made Steam was very anti PS3, but now they are buddies, is it just that they don't want to retrospectively do such an old game?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Anyone enjoying any recent demos?...Tried out Raymans new 3D demo...So so but I found it a bit confusing, perhaps a gimmick to profit from the success of Origins?

WeasteDevil

Those pictures are Photoshopped by a guy on Neogaf, based on these leaked photos
It's far more likely to look like the real thing than some shitty camera-phone shots of pre-production units. I don't like any of it anyway, I've always said that I'd prefer them to simply stick the thing in a hi-fi separates case.

Hal9000

Lack of airflow inflets on that pre production unit is a bit worrying.

WeasteDevil

Should be released in around one month. Nobody knows if it's a typo or not, but the base model is pegged in at being 16GB, which would mean a flash memory based unit with the option to add an HDD if you want. Might not sound a lot, but one of the original models was 20GB - it is possible for such a console to work, maybe for less than 150 quid.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Will I want to buy this or not? What exactly does it do differently?

On a side note, is there anything I can use my PS2 for? It's been in my cupboard for 3 years now.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, play games with it. It's what it was designed for in the first place.
I don't have any games I want to play on it. I got the PS3 versions.

I'm thinking of donating it to an orphanage or summat but they'd probably laugh at me for being out of date.