Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Siorac

Is the new Star Wars game gonna be any good? It sounds a bit like The Force Unleashed, which I loved even though apparently the correct sentiment is to call it shite.
It looks a lot like The Force Unleashed which I found tedious and boring but each to their own. I'm not a fan of linear action games as a rule so no wonder it couldn't impress me. Doesn't necessarily mean it will be shite though I see very little creativity in it.

Raw

They're great games but not ones you play back to back. The sameyness of Kamurocho from game to game hurt it.
Yeah definitely, you should have a bit of a break between each game.

They've just announced Yakuza 7 now and it doesn't seem like it's set in Kamurocho any more so that's different, it's set in Yokohama. Though, very strangely enough, they've decided to go for a turn based battle system. Which is odd considering the fighting mechanics in Yakuza are one of the best in video games.

It's set to be released 16th January, 2020 in Japan, South Korea and China with the English version later in the same year.

Ainu

Darksiders 3 is one of those games I probably never would've looked at, but if I can get for free then why not. I did enjoy the first one.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah definitely, you should have a bit of a break between each game.

They've just announced Yakuza 7 now and it doesn't seem like it's set in Kamurocho any more so that's different, it's set in Yokohama. Though, very strangely enough, they've decided to go for a turn based battle system. Which is odd considering the fighting mechanics in Yakuza are one of the best in video games.

It's set to be released 16th January, 2020 in Japan, South Korea and China with the English version later in the same year.
Looks very weird. Not sure this is a good decision.

Dan

Anyone bought Wreckfest? Supposed to be a lot like Destruction Derby.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Very weak year from Sony so far, it's like they've stopped releasing games because of the PS5, shouldn't be an excuse though.

Hal9000

Very weak year from Sony so far, it's like they've stopped releasing games because of the PS5, shouldn't be an excuse though.
You talking about Studios or generally games being released onto the console?

Quite a lot of the Sony exclusive studios released AAA titles over the last few years, so won't be another few years before these guys have another title coming out.

Leg-End

If they release the PS5 next year alongside some top games (big wish) a weak year is fine, there is plenty of stuff out there to play in the meantime.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They're waiting to release them til the PS4 has nearly finished its cycle so they can then remaster those games onto the PS5 a few months later, probably.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
You talking about Studios or generally games being released onto the console?

Quite a lot of the Sony exclusive studios released AAA titles over the last few years, so won't be another few years before these guys have another title coming out.
Aye I love the PS4, the best sony console imo, I just expect them to at least release 3-4 1st party games/exclusives a year.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Surprised so many people were unaware that it was called the cross button on PlayStation. PS buttons are named after shapes whereas Xbox & Nintendo are named after letters.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm trying to remember what the various dev kits called it. I'll see if I have anything on my current pc related to it. If it's not cross_button or some similar define, we go to war with their twitter!

(I think I've always called it X though)

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'm sure I read something once that the 'cross' button was initially intended to be the 'cancel' or 'back' button on in game menus, mirroring the 'x' you press to close things on computers, then nearly every dev, including sony, made it the primary 'select/open' button. The other shapes were supposed to represent things too. I think square was supposed to be the 'select/open' button.

Christ what a boring fecking paragraph.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I'm sure I read something once that the 'cross' button was initially intended to be the 'cancel' or 'back' button on in game menus, mirroring the 'x' you press to close things on computers, then nearly every dev, including sony, made it the primary 'select/open' button. The other shapes were supposed to represent things too. I think square was supposed to be the 'select/open' button.

Christ what a boring fecking paragraph.
Isn’t that how it is on Japanese Playstations? O is to select and X is to go back in menus, or at least that’s how it was on the Japanese PSPs when they first came out

WensleyMU

Isn’t that how it is on Japanese Playstations? O is to select and X is to go back in menus, or at least that’s how it was on the Japanese PSPs when they first came out
I was once given a Japanese PS4. Took me ages to get used to pressing O.

Gave it to a friend's son at Christmas and well, soon received a message that it wasn't working because I forgot to mention the switched controls.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
My PS4's disk drive is failing, when I put the disk in I can here the drive tracking on the disk a few times before ejecting it. Funny thing is if I squeeze/pinch the front left corner of the PS4 after inserting the disk the drive tracks as normal and the game starts, ideas?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
My PS4's disk drive is failing, when I put the disk in I can here the drive tracking on the disk a few times before ejecting it. Funny thing is if I squeeze/pinch the front left corner of the PS4 after inserting the disk the drive tracks as normal and the game starts, ideas?
Squeeze the front-right corner.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It can be fixed, Google it as I can't recall the fix. I had to do it on my OG PS4 before I upgraded to the pro. CEX wouldn't take it otherwise...

I believe it involved Qtips.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The Last of Us is definitely going to be featured in PlayStation Sate of Play next week

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Concrete Genie seems to be getting a lot of decent reviews, It looks like a nice little chillout game that's not too taxing and looks good visually.

ACG here with the seal of approval: