Gaming PlayStation 5

Hoof the ball

Literally the same exact issue today, there is no way to speak to anyone on there about anything useful, created a ticket a week ago, no response, the PS5 dispatch email they sent me contains part of my old address mixed in with my new address and shitting it for thursday, it's 50/50 on what address the DPD driver decides to go to, hoping i can somehow message him when i get the DPD tracking email :nervous:
Oh god. Your dilemma way outstretches mine. Mine's just a query out of undue panic. Yours is entirely justified.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Amazon confirming I’ll get my console on Thursday :)

villain

Hates Beyoncé
My ShopTo order still says processing, it should say shipped or something soon right? :nervous:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You don’t need to format it yourself, just plug it into your PS4 and it will do it for you.
Oh does it?! I can’t afford the one you sent but will grab a cheaper 1tb one, is it fundamental I do this to retain my game saves? Or will they upload to ps plus?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Oh does it?! I can’t afford the one you sent but will grab a cheaper 1tb one, is it fundamental I do this to retain my game saves? Or will they upload to ps plus?
You can’t store save games on an external HDD so it will continue to save to the system and to PS Plus if you have it.

Berbasbullet

You can’t store save games on an external HDD so it will continue to save to the system and to PS Plus if you have it.
Oh I see! Yes I have ps plus, so in order to continue a save game (for example say horizon zero dawn) all is need to do in theory is put my disc in and install it on the ps5 and it will pick up where I left off?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I'm working on the assumption that it'll probably change tomorrow or Wednesday. I don't think anyone who's ordered from ShopTo has had confirmation that their console has been shipped yet.
That makes me feel better, hopefully they get off their butts tomorrow

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Oh I see! Yes I have ps plus, so in order to continue a save game (for example say horizon zero dawn) all is need to do in theory is put my disc in and install it on the ps5 and it will pick up where I left off?
You’ll have to transfer the save file as I think there’s issues with downloading save files from PS Plus at the moment, but I think it’s all explained when you’re setting your PS5 up.

Bojan11

You’ll have to transfer the save file as I think there’s issues with downloading save files from PS Plus at the moment, but I think it’s all explained when you’re setting your PS5 up.
What is explained?

Berbasbullet

Aaah okay, I guess I’ll leave my PS4 plugged in for now just in case I need to!

Hoof the ball

I'm working on the assumption that it'll probably change tomorrow or Wednesday. I don't think anyone who's ordered from ShopTo has had confirmation that their console has been shipped yet.
That makes me feel better, hopefully they get off their butts tomorrow
I corresponded with ShopTo on FB messenger and from what the individual told me there's nothing to worry about. The order will go through, separate shipping invoice will be created and the DPD consignment will be available. It hasn't gone through for anyone yet, so no worries.

b82REZ

Anyone who has one (US relevant regions) who can confirm these freezing allegations ?
From what I've read it occurs when you put it in rest mode when certain games are running.

I'm just going to shut everything down properly when I first get it.

Bosws87

Just exit a game before going to rest mode if you wanna be on the safe side, i do that anyway as i've had a few errors on ps4 booting straight into the last point in a game numerous times.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Had an email from Amazon saying mine is eligible for release day delivery and has been upgraded at no extra charge.

Weird. I always assumed it was. Guess this is their way of confirming it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Had an email from Amazon saying mine is eligible for release day delivery and has been upgraded at no extra charge.

Weird. I always assumed it was. Guess this is their way of confirming it?
I got the same email. I thought the same!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just exit a game before going to rest mode if you wanna be on the safe side, i do that anyway as i've had a few errors on ps4 booting straight into the last point in a game numerous times.
My first PS4 crashed a fair bit in the first couple of months but can’t say I’ve had any issues for years now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Bosws87

Can confirm. They said on the Sunday mine would be delivered Tuesday but it wasn’t. Hopefully they will have learned their lesson this time.
They better if i come home to my Dad with his set up and mine didnt arrive, after i had to give him my second preorder which i intended to put on the resell market!!!!

Tiber

Saw this on Reset Era

That clip has been used for 1000 different topics, but I loved the 'GAME switched us from DPD to Yodel' line :lol:

rotherham_red

Riders Republic looks great, almost like an online co-op regen of the classic SSX games on PS2.

Anustart89

Pre-ordered in June. Finally got the mail.

You will definitely get your console at some point during 2021!

THANKS OBAMA!

Tiber

Just a reminder

Hello!

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for order again on
Amazon.co.uk on 19 November 2020 after 12:00 noon GMT. Stock is limited.

We will make every effort to deliver all orders as soon as possible. If you order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date. However, this may be subject to change.

If you encounter any issues with payments, please see our help page here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G8FNVC5ANWDVWYAB

We look forward to seeing you again at Amazon.co.uk!

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk