Gaming PlayStation 5

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can anyone offer advice regarding when to buy a ps5?

Im quite happy with my ps4 at the moment as I only play fifa 21 and have heard the difference in gameplay between the two consoles in quite nominal.

Is it worth waiting for a few months for the price to drop (if that is the case) or just buy it ASAP? Thanks in advance.
I don’t think you will see a price drop for a few years.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Im quite happy with my ps4 at the moment as I only play fifa 21 and have heard the difference in gameplay between the two consoles in quite nominal.

Is it worth waiting for a few months for the price to drop (if that is the case) or just buy it ASAP? Thanks in advance.
If that’s all you play you might as well get an Xbox series S. Cheapest entry into next gen, less demand and while it’s not 4K it will still look better than PS4.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

I've ordered mine where I'm paying in installments. Works much better that way for me. There will probably still be considerable time before there is pricedrop.

pascell

There is no advice to give I'm afraid, there's no a lot of stock dropping and when it does, it's gone within minutes. Retailers are dropping them early hours as well, which limits the amount of people that would get one.

The price isn't going to drop for atleast a year, bare minimum imo, just because of the lack of supply to the demand. I was on shopto queue for a ps5 last week and there was 40k+ people in the same queue and they were gone within minutes.

Who's your phone provider and are you in the UK? EE were offering PS5 Disc Edition for £10 upfront and £40 a month for 11 months. My mate went for it and they were only supposed to get them 16th December, his is being delivered today.

ShinjiNinja26

You might see a price drop this time next year, maybe. If you want one you may as well get it as soon as cause the price ain’t dropping anytime soon. That said you’ll be very lucky to get your hands on one this year unless you buy off the scalpers which no one should ever do.

Kaos

My mate who got his through the EE pre-order was supposed to get it 16th, it was delivered today.
Ahh, I was hoping my ShopTo order would be delivered before the 18th estimate too, but its still stuck at 'processing'. Oh well, at least I have Cyberpunk to tide me over.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My mate who got his through the EE pre-order was supposed to get it 16th, it was delivered today.
My Amazon order was scheduled for the 16th but is due in the next hour or two. I guess the stock was released by Sony early. I reckon there will be one more stock drop before Christmas*

*Note this is my own opinion and I don’t want other adults on the forum to think I am an expert and to make erroneous calls of judgement because of me.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
My Amazon order was scheduled for the 16th but is due in the next hour or two. I guess the stock was released by Sony early. I reckon there will be one more stock drop before Christmas*

*Note this is my own opinion and I don’t want other adults on the forum to think I am an expert and to make erroneous calls of judgement because of me.
Yes! Guaranteed stock before Xmas! Thanks pexbo.

Siorac

Any reason why you haven't cancelled the second order?

pascell

Yeah there's promising signs for stock, although they usually drop them at 3am which is ridiculous.

Kaos

Yeah there's promising signs for stock, although they usually drop them at 3am which is ridiculous.
This has been an annoying recurring theme with retailers. I get that it alleviates traffic constraints on their site (at a time where they're already expecting huge numbers of customers for general Christmas shopping), but it pretty much plays directly into the hands of scalpers and their bots which are constantly active, while the rest of us would realistically be asleep.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any reason why you haven't cancelled the second order?
Because I’d rather sell it to someone I know then cancel the order and have it bought by a bot within half a second.

Bojan11

Because I’d rather sell it to someone I know then cancel the order and have it bought by a bot within half a second.
Just seen eBay user called Pexbo_mufc, who has a PS5 listed. You really are the lowest of the lowest.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mine just did a system and controller update. Not sure what’s changed though.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Got the email from base offering me one on the next shipment.

Was gonna save money and wait a while til something I really wanna play comes out.

Didn’t wait.

Oops.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mine too, no idea what’s happened.
Sony has released a brand new system update for the PlayStation 5.

PS5 system update 20.02.-02.30.00 can be downloaded and installed when you next login.

The new update makes some much-needed improvements to a system that has been a little unstable since launch.

Indeed, according to the firmware patch notes, system performance has been improved. Hopefully this fixes issues with the console crashing.

Elsewhere, the new update resolves an issue with data transfers and downloads. Prior to the update, some users were experiencing cancelled downloads during PS4 data transfers.

Sony has also fixed a text input issue issue with select PlayStation 4 games. The problem was causing errors when typing in text.

Finally, and perhaps most welcome of all, the new system update improves connection stability for some Wi-Fi routers.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Pexdaddy Mac back in the groove for a-nother shipment.

Tiber

You will be waiting years for a significant price drop.

Game might end up bundling it with godfall or something down the line, but that's about it

Dave_MUFC

How's the noise of everyone's system? When I'm on the dashboard it's near silent, although I've realised it's at its worst when playing Spiderman Remastered.

There's the coil whine, which is to be expected, but there's also a light buzzing noise, which goes away as soon as I go to the dash (even when the game hasn't been closed completely).

Playing ps4 games and Fifa, it's also a bit whiney, but not quite as bad as on Spiderman. Wearing headphones it's not noticeable when in game, although I can still hear it when there's quiet sections, and I'm sat about 6ft away

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How's the noise of everyone's system? When I'm on the dashboard it's near silent, although I've realised it's at its worst when playing Spiderman Remastered.

There's the coil whine, which is to be expected, but there's also a light buzzing noise, which goes away as soon as I go to the dash (even when the game hasn't been closed completely).

Playing ps4 games and Fifa, it's also a bit whiney, but not quite as bad as on Spiderman. Wearing headphones it's not noticeable when in game, although I can still hear it when there's quiet sections, and I'm sat about 6ft away
No noise at all for me, but with the caveat that the only games I've played so far are Astro, Days Gone, Bugsnax and God of War.

Dave_MUFC

No noise at all for me, but with the caveat that the only games I've played so far are Astro, Days Gone, Bugsnax and God of War.
Yeah, doesn't sound like anything too stressing on the system!

Hopefully just an anomaly with Spiderman because it seems to do weird stuff to the ps5, with a lot of the crashes etc. That people had being attributed to this game mainly.

Also highly doubt anything can be done from Sony's side, as it's not affecting the performance of the system at all, and seems like every console sounds different to an extent.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
You will be waiting years for a significant price drop.

Game might end up bundling it with godfall or something down the line, but that's about it
Agreed - basically there will be no need for them to drop the price for a long time.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I think I just picked one up from Amazon - was 50 quid more than RRP but the company has loads of legit feedback

Tiber

Ps5 is currently copying an update to Spiderman. Not near as slow as PS4, but far from lightning fast either.

Just got home from work and started the cyberpunk download. Not sure it will be done in time for midnight, but I am off tomorrow and hope to play a lot of it

Bosws87

My COD Cold War digital version broke, havent played it for a while but it downloaded an update a couple days ago and would no longer launch when i tried to boot it.

I deleted it as the games crap anyway, but just a warning not sure what caused it was fine a couple of days ago.

Got the error code CE-100008-9

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Hate to say it but mine is deathly silent and all I've played is Spiderman. Only had one crash so far but otherwise no issues at all.

Castia

Destiny 2 on PS5 is brilliant with the update

60 FPS at 4K it looks stunning

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
What's the size of the initial patch just to get the PS5 up and running. Mine arrived today but I've got limited Internet until tomorrow so wondering if I should even bother trying to play astros for an hour or so?

Dave_MUFC

Hate to say it but mine is deathly silent and all I've played is Spiderman. Only had one crash so far but otherwise no issues at all.
I think it's just luck of the draw on what fan you got :(

A French site did a few teardowns and found out that there's 3 types of fans, with varying degrees of fan noise. People seem to think that the ones in the official teardown video are the quietest, and think that mine's the medium noised one.

Might be worth selling it on and trying my luck with another in the future, if their value holds, once they can easily be bought again. Would only be logical if I can sell and buy at the same price though, not sure it's worth taking a loss on something that has no effect other than some noise, and might end up with a similar/worse one.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Played Astros last night for the first time, moving the pad to steer the jet pack is a skill I just do not have, took me an age

b82REZ

I asked in the Cyberpunk thread but it's been drowned out about people being shocked the base PS4 is struggling with the game.

If I requested a refund and then ended up changing my mind and played the game I'm not going to get account banned or anything?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Destiny 2 on PS5 is brilliant with the update

60 FPS at 4K it looks stunning
It's made such a big difference, never expected it to be this good! feels like a new game.