Gaming PlayStation 5

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Said it at launch, people were sleeping on this game. Arguably the best launch game on either console. Only really Demon's Souls came close as a true must have launch title.
Was lots of fun, completed the main game but still have lots of stuff to clean up so definitely a game I’ll continue to dip in and out of.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Said it at launch, people were sleeping on this game. Arguably the best launch game on either console. Only really Demon's Souls came close as a true must have launch title.
Me and my partner love sackboy! Cracking game.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a coincidence, got Sackboy yesterday! Gotta admit, his voice threw me off :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
We all know that Astro's Playroom is the true next-gen game (seriously though; the game is awesome!)

Wal2Fra

In the game store at the counter and a kid and his Mum turned up to pick up the PS5 she had ordered for him.
He had picked up a game from the shelf and took it to the till, as he had wanted the disc drive model, only to be told his Mum had ordered the digital model. The Mum looked completely lost as she didn’t know what any of this meant.
To be fair to the kid he took it well but clearly wasn’t patient enough to wait for a disc model to be delivered. Just hope their internet holds up!

afrocentricity

In the game store at the counter and a kid and his Mum turned up to pick up the PS5 she had ordered for him.
He had picked up a game from the shelf and took it to the till, as he had wanted the disc drive model, only to be told his Mum had ordered the digital model. The Mum looked completely lost as she didn’t know what any of this meant.
To be fair to the kid he took it well but clearly wasn’t patient enough to wait for a disc model to be delivered. Just hope their internet holds up!
If you look at the design (during the teardown) the design looks modular. You can see that the disk version is pretty much the same as the digital just with a drive added, and the odd shaped side panel.

I feel like there will be a pathway to converting one to the other at some point. Possibly official, possibly not...

Bojan11

If you look at the design (during the teardown) the design looks modular. You can see that the disk version is pretty much the same as the digital just with a drive added, and the odd shaped side panel.

I feel like there will be a pathway to converting one to the other at some point. Possibly official, possibly not...
Thank you for sharing, but you could have just looked at the box where it says digital edition in big writing or how the box is a different colour to the standard version. There’s no need to do a tear down.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Very insightful. Thanks.

Wal2Fra

I can only assume she saw the cheaper price and didn’t think of what the difference is (which would be a strange way to go about it)

I guess that Sony will have already lined up their own disc reader extension as an accessory down the line.

Tiber

I have a disc version but still haven't bought a disc since buying it. Have now gone 100% digital. feck waiting on postage delays.

Have put a few PS4 discs in it though

afrocentricity

Thank you for sharing, but you could have just looked at the box where it says digital edition in big writing or how the box is a different colour to the standard version. There’s no need to do a tear down.
feck you taking about? I'm talking about the internals... Do you have x-ray specs?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I’m sure this mum who bought the wrong model will be dying to know when she can unofficially modify her brand new PS5 with a disc drive

Wal2Fra

I have a disc version but still haven't bought a disc since buying it. Have now gone 100% digital. feck waiting on postage delays.

Have put a few PS4 discs in it though
I am sure plenty of others will go down the same route with digital.
I am still a fan of trading in games for now so I have ordered the disc version (went back to the shop after ordering to make sure I had ordered the right one as it wasn’t written on the receipt!) but I think game prices are going up so much that pre-owned games are just becoming to expensive (in France at least) and will probably follow you with the 100% digital.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can only assume she saw the cheaper price and didn’t think of what the difference is (which would be a strange way to go about it)
I bet she pocketed the rest of his Christmas money.

Bojan11

feck you taking about? I'm talking about the internals... Do you have x-ray specs?
Nah, just need to look at the box to know the difference.

And yeah they going to bring out a disc accessory for the digital version. Not sure what you been smoking today. But the whole point of a digital console is so they can tie you down to their platform. Bringing out accessories for disc defeats that purpose and they'd ban anyone who tries to unofficially do it. They issue lawsuits for people who make faceplates.

afrocentricity

Nah, just need to look at the box to know the difference.

And yeah they going to bring out a disc accessory for the digital version. Not sure what you been smoking today. But the whole point of a digital console is so they can tie you down to their platform. Bringing out accessories for disc defeats that purpose and they'd ban anyone who tries to unofficially do it. They issue lawsuits for people who make faceplates.
B... You've been wrong about everything else so far so I'll wait and see what happens. I used to mod consoles it's something I noticed and I'm just passing it on.

I’m sure this mum who bought the wrong model will be dying to know when she can unofficially modify her brand new PS5 with a disc drive
You thought I was taking about them? Nope...

Bojan11

B... You've been wrong about everything else so far so I'll wait and see what happens. I used to mod consoles it's something I noticed and I'm just passing it on.

You thought I was taking about them? Nope...
You used to.

It’s over, so let it go.

afrocentricity

Y'all still bitter? Don't worry I'm sure you'll get some exclusive games to look at soon...

LoneStar

This is my first ever console and am relatively new to gaming in general (except for playing FIFA, CS and Dota in my college years). Currently playing Arkham Knight and FIFA 21 and loving both.

Do you guys have any recommendations for some must play games (other than the big ones, like in PS Plus that is)? I enjoy racing games, and batman like(?) games. Btw downloaded Apex Legends and aiming is ridiculously hard on a controller !

Bosws87

This is my first ever console and am relatively new to gaming in general (except for playing FIFA, CS and Dota in my college years). Currently playing Arkham Knight and FIFA 21 and loving both.

Do you guys have any recommendations for some must play games (other than the big ones, like in PS Plus that is)? I enjoy racing games, and batman like(?) games. Btw downloaded Apex Legends and aiming is ridiculously hard on a controller !
Demons souls, as your new may aswell grab darksouls 1,2,3 and bloodbourne while your at it

LoneStar

Demons souls, as your new may aswell grab darksouls 1,2,3 and bloodbourne while your at it
Thanks, will look into those. Btw for God of War, is it better to play the previous games before the latest one, or is the latest one playable on its own (minimal references to the other games) ?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
FFVII Remake
Sekiro
The Last of Us
The Last of Us Part II
Hollow Knight
Resident Evil 2 Remake

Bosws87

Thanks, will look into those. Btw for God of War, is it better to play the previous games before the latest one, or is the latest one playable on its own (minimal references to the other games) ?
Can play the latest one without previous, playing the previous ones gives it some context but nothing you cant find out by watching a summary on youtube or something.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
God of War was my first and I understood it fine. There are a few references to previous games but nothing prohibitive. God of War, Bloodborne and Days Gone on the PS+ Collection I'd recommend, and FF7 Remake on this month's PS+ games. They'll all last you a while.

LoneStar

God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
FFVII Remake
Sekiro
The Last of Us
The Last of Us Part II
Hollow Knight
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Can play the latest one without previous, playing the previous ones gives it some context but nothing you cant find out by watching a summary on youtube or something.
God of War was my first and I understood it fine. There are a few references to previous games but nothing prohibitive. God of War, Bloodborne and Days Gone on the PS+ Collection I'd recommend, and FF7 Remake on this month's PS+ games. They'll all last you a while.
Thanks guys! Guess God of War will be my next game after finishing Arkham Knight. And the rest of the games plus fifa/F1 should keep me busy for a couple of months!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

If you like the Batman games, I'd recommend Spider-Man and Spider-Man Miles Morales. Good story, both pretty accessible, and the combat is similar to the Arkham games. They're also very fun and traversing around the city is awesome.

LoneStar

If you like the Batman games, I'd recommend Spider-Man and Spider-Man Miles Morales. Good story, both pretty accessible, and the combat is similar to the Arkham games. They're also very fun and traversing around the city is awesome.
Thanks, it's also on my list of games to play. Although my favourite part of Batman is the Noir like and dark vibes of the whole game. Mark Hamill absolutely nails his Joker voiceover too!

Dave_MUFC

Been making some good progress with the PS classics since I got my PS5 on launch.

So far, I've completed Spiderman, God of War, The Last of Us Remastered, and on the last level of Ratchet and Clank.

Since started Horizon Zero Dawn, and on my backlog, in order I'm planning on next playing:
- Death Stranding
- Detroit Become Human
- Days Gone
- Miles Morales
- Control
- Persona 5
- Until Dawn
- Uncharted collection + 4
- Final Fantasy Remastered

With games like Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodborne, AC Origins, Infamous to casually play on the side.

afrocentricity

Been making some good progress with the PS classics since I got my PS5 on launch.

So far, I've completed Spiderman, God of War, The Last of Us Remastered, and on the last level of Ratchet and Clank.

Since started Horizon Zero Dawn, and on my backlog, in order I'm planning on next playing:
- Death Stranding
- Detroit Become Human
- Days Gone
- Miles Morales
- Control
- Persona 5
- Until Dawn

With games like Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodborne, AC Origins, Infamous to casually play on the side.
So many good games too!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

- Death Stranding
- Detroit Become Human
- Days Gone
- Miles Morales
- Control
- Persona 5
- Until Dawn

Get to the Last of Us 2

Moby

Dick

- Death Stranding
- Detroit Become Human
- Days Gone
- Miles Morales
- Control
- Persona 5
- Until Dawn

Brilliant. I envy you.

I finished Persona 5 recently after sinking in 110 hours and immediately wanted to play it all over again. Probably the best compliment I can give to it.