Gaming PlayStation 5

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Brilliant. I envy you.

I finished Persona 5 recently after sinking in 110 hours and immediately wanted to play it all over again. Probably the best compliment I can give to it.
I'd recommend getting Royal then if you can get it for a reasonable price. It definitely adds enough to make another playthrough feel fresh, although I did play it three years after the original!

Riz

Assassins Creed Valhalla or Ghost of Tsushima?

...or neither?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does anyone want a Sony Pulse 3D Headset by the way? I'm not having much luck selling it online and people keep offering me shit games in exchange.

I would sell for lower than retail price obv.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wish I had one.
Where did you buy them from? Can you not just say they’re faulty and return them?
If you actually want a pair I can lower the price a bit. What would you be able to spend?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Amazon. I chucked the box out unfortunately.
I would get in touch with their customer service. I had an issue with an electric toothbrush once and I’d thrown the box and they said it could be returned in any box, may give you the same advice. Amazon are usually good with refunds.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Does anyone want a Sony Pulse 3D Headset by the way? I'm not having much luck selling it online and people keep offering me shit games in exchange.

I would sell for lower than retail price obv.
I’m surprised you haven’t enjoyed them, I really like mine, but I’m no audiophile so I dunno.

Berbasbullet

I’m still playing Control but struggling to turn it back on. It’s so like dark, as in the lighting, just an indoor world that has some mystery. Not sure if I’ll bother with it anymore (I do however like elements of it).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I found it to be a beautiful but boring game with bland characters that was way too long and had the worst side quests in any open world game.

I did plat it mind you.
Yeah it definitely had it's flaws.

Dave_MUFC

Get to the Last of Us 2
Definitely plan to, although I like to mix it up a bit before moving onto game sequels, as it gets a bit samey with the themes and gameplay, and think it gives you some time to let the beauty of the game sink in a bit.

Ghosts of Tsushima also on my To-Get list, when it comes down to a reasonable price, or after I've cleared out that backlog.

Dave_MUFC

Brilliant. I envy you.

I finished Persona 5 recently after sinking in 110 hours and immediately wanted to play it all over again. Probably the best compliment I can give to it.
Skipping a generation really did help me in this instance, with the bonus of playing a few of them at 60FPS and 4K.

Is Persona 5 a game you can play on the side to a story-focused one, or is it one you'll want to put all of your time into until you complete it?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I’m still playing Control but struggling to turn it back on. It’s so like dark, as in the lighting, just an indoor world that has some mystery. Not sure if I’ll bother with it anymore (I do however like elements of it).
So you mean literally dark? As in you can't see anything?

I'm still loving it at the moment. Don't think I'm too far from the end now. The sense of mystery and discovery I find excellent and the combat is really fun. I did the Ashtray Maze yesterday. I won't spoil it here obviously, but it was incredible!

Berbasbullet

So you mean literally dark? As in you can't see anything?

I'm still loving it at the moment. Don't think I'm too far from the end now. The sense of mystery and discovery I find excellent and the combat is really fun. I did the Ashtray Maze yesterday. I won't spoil it here obviously, but it was incredible!
I went into that maze and had no idea what was going on :lol:

I’ll keep going then.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Skipping a generation really did help me in this instance, with the bonus of playing a few of them at 60FPS and 4K.

Is Persona 5 a game you can play on the side to a story-focused one, or is it one you'll want to put all of your time into until you complete it?
It's really story heavy and very long. You could maybe play it now and then but would take you ages to complete it.

fellwin

I could not play anything but Persona untill I finished it. Way to story heavy to switch between games. However I lost 3 hours of gameplay because I forgot to save and accidently preshed power off on the Paystation and then left it for a month at least. It was hard to get back into the flow after that and that took me a while.

b82REZ

In the same boat. I like it when i play it, but I never have any urge to put it back on. It made me want to play Resident Evil 2 Remake so I bought that and I'm really enjoying that.

Berbasbullet

In the same boat. I like it when i play it, but I never have any urge to put it back on. It made me want to play Resident Evil 2 Remake so I bought that and I'm really enjoying that.
Oooh good shout, never played them but played the demo and thought it was class! Be a good game to put on ps plus.

b82REZ

Oooh good shout, never played them but played the demo and thought it was class! Be a good game to put on ps plus.
It's only a tenner otherwise I probably would have waited for it to inevitably be added to PS+.

Maybe they'll jump straight to Resi 3 though as that wasn't as well received as 2.

Dave_MUFC

I could not play anything but Persona untill I finished it. Way to story heavy to switch between games. However I lost 3 hours of gameplay because I forgot to save and accidently preshed power off on the Paystation and then left it for a month at least. It was hard to get back into the flow after that and that took me a while.
It's really story heavy and very long. You could maybe play it now and then but would take you ages to complete it.
Thanks both, although people saying it's taking 100+ hours to complete is a bit worrying, as it usually takes me around 3-4 weeks to complete a 20 hour game :lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thanks both, although people saying it's taking 100+ hours to complete is a bit worrying, as it usually takes me around 3-4 weeks to complete a 20 hour game :lol:
I don't have that much time either maybe a couple of hours a day, I started playing it new year and only finished it a week ago. The Royal version takes about 130+ hours, but you have to do certain things to unlock the extra content so look up a spoiler free version of how to do it before you start playing.

Infact I would watch one of those 'before you play tips' (spoiler free one) on YouTube, as there are so many things you can miss that will make the game much better which you won't automatically pick up.

Bojan11

Sony also revealed that nearly 63 percent of its "full game" sales for the 2020 calendar year came via digital downloads rather than games sold on discs at retail. That's a significant increase from digital sales' 43 percent share in Sony's 2018 fiscal year (ending March 2019) and the 55 percent share in fiscal year 2019 (ending March 2020). The increase mirrors a longstanding trend away from disc-based games around the industry, and it's a trend that may only accelerate now that roughly one-quarter of all PS5 systems don't even have a disc drive, based on early hardware allocations."
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...020-but-is-struggling-to-speed-up-production/

Rumour has it that they are going to release some sort of accessory that will allow the digital version to play discs. Watch this space.

Moby

Dick
P5 is well worth it. I played other game along with it and was able to easily pick up where I left off. But the last 20-30 hours were something else. Couldn't stop then. :lol:

Ekeke

Would much rather be given something to increase capacity so you can have even more downloaded than something to play discs.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Managed to secure an order the other day with Very. Should come tomorrow. Had to get it with Spiderman but it seems to be a good game anyway so looking forward to it.