Gaming PlayStation 5

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My PS5 has just been sitting there for the last few months. Nothing really interesting to play atm.
This is more a reflection of your lack of an addictive personality than any shortcomings of the PS5.

JohnZSmith27

Living for this Forbidden West state of play this Thursday. Can't feckin wait to play that game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:smirk:

What games should I be playing?
Well I bought Returnal a few weeks ago, played an hour, liked it and have barely switched my PS5 back on since so I’m in no position to judge

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looking forward to seeing more of Horizon Forbidden West. Stil a little disappointed it's not a PS5 exclusive, though. It did originally start as a PS4 game, so perhaps shouldn't be too surprised. Got all the confidence that it's going to be nothing less than excellent.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
PS Store sale starts today, I'm gonna bag Demon's Souls for the bargain price of £60.

Shark

@NotShark
Maybe I'm missing something but has interest in this even been that high? I've heard less talk about it on here than the other PS5 exclusives.
There was a thread dedicated to Demon Souls as far as I can remember

b82REZ

Maybe I'm missing something but has interest in this even been that high? I've heard less talk about it on here than the other PS5 exclusives.
The thread was pretty active at launch.

It probably didn't hit the amount of pages of a lot of games do because it was a remake of a pretty niche game.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Now I finished Returnal I think I'm going to move on to Ghost of Tsushima next. Glad I didn't play it on the PS4 so now I can enjoy it at 60FPS. Think it's dropped down to £30 now. Seems a decent price for that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Now I finished Returnal I think I'm going to move on to Ghost of Tsushima next. Glad I didn't play it on the PS4 so now I can enjoy it at 60FPS. Think it's dropped down to £30 now. Seems a decent price for that.
Took a while for me to enjoy GoT but it gets a lot better as it goes along. I really recommend ignoring the foxes and birds though, they suck.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Took a while for me to enjoy GoT but it gets a lot better as it goes along. I really recommend ignoring the foxes and birds though, they suck.
Yeah, I heard this. The first few hours can be a bit of a slog, apparently, but it kicks on from there. I'll definitely give it a go; it looks gorgeous.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
What? why :lol:
Because they just turn the game into typical open world Ubisoft "go here to find this" crap, whereas it's the sort of game you should just explore yourself due to the world being so gorgeous and the fact that navigation is done by wind and there's no UI. Also most of the stuff they lead you to is just cosmetic anyway. I personally found it incredibly irritating when I was going to an objective only for a fox/bird to come along and lead me in another direction over and over again, so I decided to ignore them and enjoyed it much more then.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because they just turn the game into typical open world Ubisoft "go here to find this" crap, whereas it's the sort of game you should just explore yourself due to the world being so gorgeous and the fact that navigation is done by wind and there's no UI. Also most of the stuff they lead you to is just cosmetic anyway. I personally found it incredibly irritating when I was going to an objective only for a fox/bird to come along and lead me in another direction over and over again, so I decided to ignore them and enjoyed it much more then.
Ah ok.

The foxes are helpful as they allow you to have more charms which give you a power up. I'd definitely not ignore those.

Yes the birds are purely there to help guide you to a place of interest you haven't found yet, I didn't find them annoying at all personally. Most of the time I was headed to those new areas anyway.

I really loved the idea of the wind though once I got used to it, on PS5 it's awesome as it blows the noise of the wind through the controller too :drool:

Norris

Looked great, but way too different to the first 1. Paragliding? What's that Hulk Smash on the ground?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyone getting Chivalry 2? I played the beta for one day and had a right laugh accidentally arrowing my team mates.

Berbasbullet

Yeah, I enjoyed the beta too and will more than likely get the game. Nice to play a game trying to do something a bit different.
Yeah that’s how I feel, worried it’ll get old quickly though, hoping to convince a few mates to get it as it could be a good laugh going to war with them.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah that’s how I feel, worried it’ll get old quickly though, hoping to convince a few mates to get it as it could be a good laugh going to war with them.
Yeah, I’m on the hard sell with my mates too, if everyone buys into it it will be great.

some amazing cinematic moments though.

Trouble is, they’re all into Rust right now

Berbasbullet

Yeah, I’m on the hard sell with my mates too, if everyone buys into it it will be great.

some amazing cinematic moments though.

Trouble is, they’re all into Rust right now
Ripping mine off of war zone might be impossible :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I hear you, mine too. Warzone has been a great game but I got bored of it ages ago while my mates have been non stop.
Same. It’s hard to commit to anything else when they still want to go on warzone every day.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

edit - Link to blog where head of PS Studios discusses GoW, says he’s hopeful Horizon Forbidden West will be released holiday season 2021, says PS Studios has 25 titles in development & other details.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

edit - Link to blog where head of PS Studios discusses GoW, says he’s hopeful Horizon Forbidden West will be released holiday season 2021, says PS Studios has 25 titles in development & other details.
Was hoping that it would be a PS5 exclusive, but understandable that it isn't considering the difficulties for people to get their hands on one.