Gaming PlayStation 5

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That is a kingly gift!

How are you getting on with it? Is good yah?
I realized I have only a few PS5 games in my library. Out of which one was FIFA 2022 which sucked me in with its HD glory and then just sucked. Gosh I hate that game.

Astro's Playroom though is absolutely wonderful. What a terrific job they did with it - pretty to look at and just such bundles of fun and nostalgia.

amolbhatia50k

Yep, same. I can't believe people buy it every year. Regurgitated drivel.

I still haven't played Astro's fully. Played 20 mins or so when I first got my PS5 but no more. Glad you're enjoying it anyhow.
I tried FIFA after a few years and it's actually shockingly bad. I mean, the defending mechanics would be better if you gave it to a school project.

I am really loving Asto's Playroom. I don't really play cutesey Nintendo like games much so maybe there's a bit of that. But it's sort of my first game in this resolution, with this insane controller technology and PS nostalgia, so it's got me alright:D

I'm looking forward to the new PS plus though as with that I'll get to play Guardians, Returnal and Demon Souls which should be great.

Since I've gone from base PS4 to this, it's quite the jump. Metro ExoduS looks lovely on it too.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I tried FIFA after a few years and it's actually shockingly bad. I mean, the defending mechanics would be better if you gave it to a school project.

I am really loving Asto's Playroom. I don't really play cutesey Nintendo like games much so maybe there's a bit of that. But it's sort of my first game in this resolution, with this insane controller technology and PS nostalgia, so it's got me alright:D

I'm looking forward to the new PS plus though as with that I'll get to play Guardians, Returnal and Demon Souls which should be great.

Since I've gone from base PS4 to this, it's quite the jump. Metro ExoduS looks lovely on it too.
Yeah, returnal and guardians I'm looking forward to, I've hovered over both with a view to buy but have so far, pleasingly, resisted.

Metro Exodus is another I've got that I haven't finished. I agree, that looked dead nice. Exciting times for you :)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
oh yes- this is the one from the devs wh did dead space isn't it?
Yeah, the guy of co-created Dead Space is working on it. Looks awesome. A month after this comes out, you then have the remake of Dead Space. Think it's the end of January

amolbhatia50k

I mean does anyone care? It's a ps3 game that was remastered for Ps4 already.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I haven't played the remaster of the first one in a while, but this doesn't look that different from the trailer. It's a weird thing to be working on. I know they're in between projects, but it just seems so unnecessary.

Still wondering if they're going to put Factions in this, because otherwise what the hell are they doing with that? It's been ages since they talked about it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It really is weird, I mean they say it's reimagined but honestly the 2nd game didn't really improve much on the combat from the 1st anyway, so how much could they do?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It really is weird, I mean they say it's reimagined but honestly the 2nd game didn't really improve much on the combat from the 1st anyway, so how much could they do?
I'm with you that this remake is weird, but would massively disagree with this statement. The gameplay in the second game is SO much better than the first. The second game is a joy to play from that perspective, whereas the first one definitely is not. It was a huge difference, IMO.

amolbhatia50k

I'm with you that this remake is weird, but would massively disagree with this statement. The gameplay in the second game is SO much better than the first. The second game is a joy to play from that perspective, whereas the first one definitely is not. It was a huge difference, IMO.
Agree. The combat was brilliant in the second whereas in the first it was average.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Is factions coming with it? Absolutely loved TLOUs multiplayer

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is factions coming with it? Absolutely loved TLOUs multiplayer
Nah. I'd guess early part of next year or near when the show is to debut.

Rest of this year looks to be The Last of Us in September, Ragnarok in November (hopefully around my birthday) and for other months the various PC releases and odd third party/PS+ game like Stray.

Bosws87

The Last of Us 1 remake has been revealed. Gonna be for PS5 and PC.

Waste of time this no need for it, but on the off chance you have somehow not played it please do yourself a favour and play it.

Miles better then the second for me, the second might be more polished and better mechanics but the journey and the story of the first especially the ending are miles better.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I pull out old games to play through again from time to time. Just finished running through both LOU titles. I will be buying this remake happily, will be great to play it with the improved graphics etc. So far just from the screenshots its a decent jump up from the previous upgrade. Worth the money for me. Cant wait.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I pull out old games to play through again from time to time. Just finished running through both LOU titles. I will be buying this remake happily, will be great to play it with the improved graphics etc. So far just from the screenshots its a decent jump up from the previous upgrade. Worth the money for me. Cant wait.
It's the gameplay I want it for. I played 90% of the first and always wanted to go back to finish it. I'll play both back to back, you'd assume it'll be a smooth transition too.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
So lots of the usual self congratulatory lovefest bollocks in this video but also some interesting bits. especially a new title coming.

largelyworried

The Last of Us is one of those games that didn't click for me. I had a go at it on my PS4 and then again when I got my PS5, but I just couldn't get into it. Hard to put my finger on why, though I didn't really like any of the characters I saw, which obviously makes it harder to get into the story elements. Will stay open minded for the remake though, sometimes its just a matter of what you're in the mood for at a given time.

Massive Spanner

It is funny they're calling it "part one" now. It was clearly meant as a standalone story at the time and I doubt they ever considered a sequel.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The Last of Us is one of those games that didn't click for me. I had a go at it on my PS4 and then again when I got my PS5, but I just couldn't get into it. Hard to put my finger on why, though I didn't really like any of the characters I saw, which obviously makes it harder to get into the story elements. Will stay open minded for the remake though, sometimes its just a matter of what you're in the mood for at a given time.
I really tried to get into the first one but just couldn’t get past the crappy gameplay. I think I’d much prefer the second game but I feel like I need to complete the first before moving onto it and so I’m effectively stuck in a loop where I never play either.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I really tried to get into the first one but just couldn’t get past the crappy gameplay. I think I’d much prefer the second game but I feel like I need to complete the first before moving onto it and so I’m effectively stuck in a loop where I never play either.
That will make this part 1 the perfect gateway drug then!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
People are just being openly conned at this point. They're just selling the exact same game to people with very subtle graphical differences. Who the feck gives a shit about that? And yet people buy it.

Leg-End

It has no right to be released as a full priced game again, if it was £25 I would probably pick it up to have a walk down memory lane.

I love ND and no doubt this will look and play great, but it looked and played great the first time around, then the second, I don't need to fork out £60 for a third.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
People are just being openly conned at this point. They're just selling the exact same game to people with very subtle graphical differences. Who the feck gives a shit about that? And yet people buy it.
Gamers as a collective are reluctant to buy unknown IPs which leads the industry to relying on re-releases and remasters.

It's a new-ish phenomenon but I think caused in part by the amount of half-finished-at-release games we get. Also generally by fanboyism, which let's be frank is rife in gaming.

Personally I'm somebody who very rarely replays games so I've always felt like a bit of an outlier. I'd prefer a new experience every time, even if it's not a perfect game.

The last of us was alright. Not something I feel the need to experience twice.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gamers as a collective are reluctant to buy unknown IPs which leads the industry to relying on re-releases and remasters.

It's a new-ish phenomenon but I think caused in part by the amount of half-finished-at-release games we get. Also generally by fanboyism, which let's be frank is rife in gaming.

Personally I'm somebody who very rarely replays games so I've always felt like a bit of an outlier. I'd prefer a new experience every time, even if it's not a perfect game.

The last of us was alright. Not something I feel the need to experience twice.
I’m the same. Sick of sequels and remasters. Give me something original any day. Some of the most fun I’ve had in the last few years has been playing stuff like Obra Dinn, Do Not Feed The Monkeys and Little Nightmares.

Massive Spanner

I’m the same. Sick of sequels and remasters. Give me something original any day. Some of the most fun I’ve had in the last few years has been playing stuff like Obra Dinn, Do Not Feed The Monkeys and Little Nightmares.
I don't mind full on remakes of classics (FFVII) or games that would be fairly shite now (Demon Souls), but yeah, this is a seriously dumb one. It was only released nine years ago, got a graphical upgrade 2 years later for the PS4, and now they're trying to claim it's rebuilt from the ground up when it doesn't look that much better. The original is still actually a great looking game for feck sake! I replayed it a few years ago and it was still great and didn't feel "old" at all. Why would you fully remaster that? It would only make sense if you had the first game and it was a €20 upgrade or something.

I think it's clearly a cash grab, they'll release this, then an upgraded version of the 2nd, then announce Part 3, then profit.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It has no right to be released as a full priced game again, if it was £25 I would probably pick it up to have a walk down memory lane.

I love ND and no doubt this will look and play great, but it looked and played great the first time around, then the second, I don't need to fork out £60 for a third.
It will be on sale soon enough I'm sure.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This looks self defeating , I'm not even sure if it looks better per say, ellie's model looks better to my eyes in the og version for example.