Gaming PlayStation 5

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I’m the same. Sick of sequels and remasters. Give me something original any day. Some of the most fun I’ve had in the last few years has been playing stuff like Obra Dinn, Do Not Feed The Monkeys and Little Nightmares.
Looks interesting, gonna check it out.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Bosws87

Paddles on controllers should be a standard now not pro versions, the drastic difference they can make to your playing ability especially on first person shooters should be available to all.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Paddles on controllers should be a standard now not pro versions, the drastic difference they can make to your playing ability especially on first person shooters should be available to all.
Having not used them, what would the paddles typically be assigned to?

Bosws87

Having not used them, what would the paddles typically be assigned to?
Most decent controllers will let you assign them to whatever you want, but the standard is usually Jump on one paddle crouch/prone on the other (Shooters anyway)

This allows you to have full movement of your character without ever having to take your thumbs off the sticks which allows you to still aim and track people while going into prone/jumping etc. Which with a standard pad unless you play in the awkward claw style would mean one thumb would have to come off the sticks.

largelyworried

Would love some affordable pads with paddles. Am seriously getting RSI from crab-handing the controller in Souls games.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Looking a bit lean of late isn't it lads.

July's cat game will be, I'm sure, perfectly average and hyped for nonsensical reasons and then it's twiddle your thumbs time until October when Forspoken, which looks and sounds very much like a cavalcade of generic third-person action, will be hitting the haptics.

Still, it's not all is bad. That Callisto Projec looks like it'll make a nice Christmas gift.

I s'pose in the meantime the billions of copies TLOU Part 1 will inevitably sell (if we're calling it that now) keeps the shareholders mirthful.

/redlambs

largelyworried

Looking a bit lean of late isn't it lads.

July's cat game will be, I'm sure, perfectly average and hyped for nonsensical reasons and then it's twiddle your thumbs time until October when Forspoken, which looks and sounds very much like a cavalcade of generic third-person action, will be hitting the haptics.

Still, it's not all is bad. That Callisto Projec looks like it'll make a nice Christmas gift.

I s'pose in the meantime the billions of copies TLOU Part 1 will inevitably sell (if we're calling it that now) keeps the shareholders mirthful.

/redlambs
With BOTW2, Starfield and God of War Ragnarkok all seemingly delayed until 2023, there's really not many big hitters left scheduled for the entire year. Looks slim pickings. Thankfully I have a backlog of games to clear out.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I brought the PS5 late last year and I must say I'm pretty disappointed in the exclusive content.
Looking like a waste of money.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I brought the PS5 late last year and I must say I'm pretty disappointed in the exclusive content.
Looking like a waste of money.
What the hell were you expecting? They've released the usual exclusives (Horizon, Ratchet + Clank) along with a few ones we haven't seen before (Returnal, Demon's Souls) and more of the usual are on the way (TLOU, God of War). It's pretty much par for the course with every other PS console, in fact, if anything, it's ahead of the others.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We have SCUF to thank for that.

With BOTW2, Starfield and God of War Ragnarkok all seemingly delayed until 2023, there's really not many big hitters left scheduled for the entire year. Looks slim pickings. Thankfully I have a backlog of games to clear out.
Ragnarok is coming out this year. The other two are delayed to 2023.

Ainu

We have SCUF to thank for that.

Ragnarok is coming out this year. The other two are delayed to 2023.
That still remains to be seen. I know all the rumours point to a Fall 2022 release, but it's June already and as far as I know they haven't shown any gameplay yet.

Ainu

They did last year.

Oh right I forgot that does seem to include some short gameplay snippets. Still, it's in trailer form and heavily curated. I seem to remember them showing a fairly lengthy gameplay sequence well before release for the previous game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Oh right I forgot that does seem to include some short gameplay snippets. Still, it's in trailer form and heavily curated. I seem to remember them showing a fairly lengthy gameplay sequence well before release for the previous game.
They'll probably either have a State of Play for that in the next month or so, or have it be part of the PlayStation Showcase.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Most decent controllers will let you assign them to whatever you want, but the standard is usually Jump on one paddle crouch/prone on the other (Shooters anyway)

This allows you to have full movement of your character without ever having to take your thumbs off the sticks which allows you to still aim and track people while going into prone/jumping etc. Which with a standard pad unless you play in the awkward claw style would mean one thumb would have to come off the sticks.
Cheers for that – agree it would really help in shooters without a doubt!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm trying to get intoTales of Arise,but voice acting has put me of JRPGS a bit. Highlights how dumb the dialogue is, especially with these weeb games.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can’t wait any longer. In the queue for one now.

Give me your best excuses so the wife doesn’t kill me.

Keefy18

Sick to death of remasters and remakes. feck off man, just living off past glories.

Yep and players are making it worse by completely buying into them!

Remaster of a remake that was remastered... Jesus I can't keep up anymore!

Instead of developers wasting staff resources making these pieces of crap and wasting time, come up with a new game!

I haven't bought a single one of them and flat out refuse to invest in the same game a 2nd time.