Gaming PlayStation 5

RedDevilRoshi

What did you think of the Story?
I didn’t finish the story so can only comment on how far I got up to which was just the beginning of Act III. For me, it was just very slow and the story didn’t really draw me in that you really want to experience how it progresses/ends. That’s what disappointed me the most as the other aspects of the game like the visuals and swordplay/combat were top notch and very satisfying/realistic. I took a break from it and thought I’d go back and finish it eventually but just never had the urge to do so as I just found it very repetitive and not much of a variety in both the main & side quests - investigate an area, follow footprints, combat scenario, talk with someone and end up following them and doing the above once more, rinse, repeat.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
I didn’t finish the story so can only comment on how far I got up to which was just the beginning of Act III. For me, it was just very slow and the story didn’t really draw me in that you really want to experience how it progresses/ends. That’s what disappointed me the most as the other aspects of the game like the visuals and swordplay/combat were top notch and very satisfying/realistic. I took a break from it and thought I’d go back and finish it eventually but just never had the urge to do so as I just found it very repetitive and not much of a variety in both the main & side quests - investigate an area, follow footprints, combat scenario, talk with someone and end up following them and doing the above once more, rinse, repeat.
Completely agree. GoT is a repetitive game. The tasks on all three acts are of similar nature. The world is way too sparse and dry - I feel people only like it because it's about Samurais/Japan and that's deemed cool.

Probably mentioned 1000 times here already, if you want a game with a killer story, play Yakuza 0. I think it's in my top 5 games of all time literally because of that story.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fair enough, I'm enjoying the story and characters so that probably explains a lot. I watch a lot of Asian cinema though and it is often meandering and not action filled (although to be fair this game has plenty action).

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Who was it saying they hated GoT? Great game so far!
I didn't hate it but, aside from the visuals and combat mechanics, found it very bland. Although the locations within the open world are nice, the open world in itself is one of the dullest O/W game worlds in a while. A nicely polished but overall bland gaming experience. Tried going back to it a few times but interest wanes almost immediately.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is PS5 shortage likely to last until Q2 2023? My PS+ subscription runs until April, I am planning on finishing some of the exclusives and then getting rid of the console as I don’t really see the need to have two big ones in my room. Currently I would be able to get more for the console than I bought it for, wondering how likely is that to still be the case in 2023.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I didn't hate it but, aside from the visuals and combat mechanics, found it very bland. Although the locations within the open world are nice, the open world in itself is one of the dullest O/W game worlds in a while. A nicely polished but overall bland gaming experience. Tried going back to it a few times but interest wanes almost immediately.
Yep this echos my thoughts. I said ages ago despite all its issues I enjoyed Cyberpunk far far more than I ever did Ghost of Tsushima.

afrocentricity

I think it must be that you love Asian cinema and movies. It’s a very aesthetic game in that way. Partly why I love Red Dead, massive fan of Western movies/shows.
100%!

Anyone who likes this sort of stuff or thinks they might, has got to play this. It's incredibly atmospheric, polished, and fun. Gorgeous to look at too.

For my fellow smokers, it's a good game to play half baked ;)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
100%!

Anyone who likes this sort of stuff or thinks they might, has got to play this. It's incredibly atmospheric, polished, and fun. Gorgeous to look at too.

For my fellow smokers, it's a good game to play half baked ;)
Is the combat not incredibly fast and intense baked? Feel like id have to play on easy haha.

afrocentricity

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong :)

I thought it would be a 'heart banging, temples pulsing, not blinking, not-breathe-for-5-minutes, cramp inducing grip on the controller type affair if you were baked?
I did say half baked ;)

caid

Returnals difficulty is so damn weird. Beat the fifth and sixth biome in the same run on the first try (i guess i technically saw about 2 rooms into the 5th biome before). Felt like the easiest levels in the game, loads of room to move, very few enemies. Hell, most of the 6th biome enemies kill themselves, you dont even need to shoot them.

caid

With it being 4 months off it'd be a bit weird to delay from here. That kind of seems like bug fix and polish territory where significant delays would be pretty rare.

Bebe

I'd be surprised if it's delayed from here, they wouldn't have announced this date so close to release if they weren't confident. Sony don't NEED this to come out for holiday 2022 given the console is sold out everywhere anyways.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Starfield announced a date before delaying, but I was never in doubt about Ragnarok despite the hopes of a certain few that it would be delayed.
This thread is to discuss the PlayStation 5 and its games only. Go to the Xbox Series X thread if you wish to discuss that console, and if you wish to compare the two/console war, go to the PS5 vs Xbox Series X thread.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just used the disc for the first time. Didn’t realise I had bought a plane.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So given I wanted to play a PS5 game but not Returnal, GOTG or Demon Souls which I'm saving for later, I decided to give Ac Vallhala a go. It looks fantastic, and so far I'm liking it but as with all Ac games, something just feels off about so many things. The combat feels a tad flakey / non impactful. The characters are well rendered but their design and animation just seems a little clunky. The story wants to be taken seriously but comes but nothing quite lands properly well. Nothing seems effortless for this game. At the same time I'm playing Miles Mirales and that game is buttery smooth, everything is done classily as feck. It doesn't try a crazy amount but it does what it does really well.

Not saying I haven't liked the first few hours but this is why I can usually only play these games for 10 out of their 80 hours of playtime. They seem to tons of things alright but nothing particularly excellently. I think I'll play it till the flashy PS5 graphics keep me interested.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Bit annoyed.

A few months ago I was dead bored and nearly bought GT7. Even added it to my basket on the PS Store. Then I thought, no, don't be stupid, you won't play it. So I left it.

Two weeks ago my mate asks me for a game of FIFA. I'm in a rush trying to get myself online and realise I no longer have PS Plus. So I go onto the store as quickly as possible, select the option to buy one month and hit X.

What I didn't know was, GT7 was still in my basket. I accidentally bought GT7.

No 'Are you sure?', card details were all in there already, the press of one button and its done.

That was two weeks ago, I haven't played the game once yet. Only raging.

Surely they should like empty out your basket when you exit out of the store?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Bit annoyed.

A few months ago I was dead bored and nearly bought GT7. Even added it to my basket on the PS Store. Then I thought, no, don't be stupid, you won't play it. So I left it.

Two weeks ago my mate asks me for a game of FIFA. I'm in a rush trying to get myself online and realise I no longer have PS Plus. So I go onto the store as quickly as possible, select the option to buy one month and hit X.

What I didn't know was, GT7 was still in my basket. I accidentally bought GT7.

No 'Are you sure?', card details were all in there already, the press of one button and its done.

That was two weeks ago, I haven't played the game once yet. Only raging.

Surely they should like empty out your basket when you exit out of the store?
Why didn't you just refund it straight away?

Full games, downloadable content, in-game consumables, and season passes fall under this category.

After purchasing this type of content through PlayStation Store, you have 14 days from purchase to request a refund. If you have started to download or stream the purchased content, you will not be eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty.

To request a refund for this type of content, please contact us.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Oh my god. It didn't occur to me for a second that that would be possible.

I'm starting to think, and do tell me if I'm being harsh on myself, that all of this is somehow my fault.
:lol: I've bought stuff before and changed my mind. It's usually pretty easy. I don't know whether you literally mean 2 weeks but worth a try if you haven't downloaded it yet.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So given I wanted to play a PS5 game but not Returnal, GOTG or Demon Souls which I'm saving for later, I decided to give Ac Vallhala a go. It looks fantastic, and so far I'm liking it but as with all Ac games, something just feels off about so many things. The combat feels a tad flakey / non impactful. The characters are well rendered but their design and animation just seems a little clunky. The story wants to be taken seriously but comes but nothing quite lands properly well. Nothing seems effortless for this game. At the same time I'm playing Miles Mirales and that game is buttery smooth, everything is done classily as feck. It doesn't try a crazy amount but it does what it does really well.

Not saying I haven't liked the first few hours but this is why I can usually only play these games for 10 out of their 80 hours of playtime. They seem to tons of things alright but nothing particularly excellently. I think I'll play it till the flashy PS5 graphics keep me interested.
I hated Valhalla for the first 15 hours, hated the combat, wasn't engaged by the story or anything. Ended up completing it, it's quite amazing to storm around when you open more of the map up and are in England. Got some proper class locations you goto, an abbey on the eastern coast was :drool:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m on act 2 of GOT and am really enjoying it. The combat is absolutely superb.

Bebe

Oh my god. It didn't occur to me for a second that that would be possible.

I'm starting to think, and do tell me if I'm being harsh on myself, that all of this is somehow my fault.
:lol: yeah, you definitely should have requested a refund when it happened and the problem would have been solved. Might still be able to though, can't hurt to try!