Gaming PlayStation 5

Spoony

The People's President
Help needed fellas. What are the best PS5 games on PlayStation Plus? Is Miles Morales available on Plus for the Five?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Help needed fellas. What are the best PS5 games on PlayStation Plus? Is Miles Morales available on Plus for the Five?
Yeah, Miles Morales is on Plus Extra.

Just got the speedrun trophy left for the plat for Stray. Think I'll wait a couple of weeks for the speedrunners to optimise times before I do it though. Was a nice little game.

hobbers

Just got the speedrun trophy left for the plat for Stray. Think I'll wait a couple of weeks for the speedrunners to optimise times before I do it though. Was a nice little game.
No need it's piss easy.

hobbers

Ah that's good - and pausing doesn't add to the time right?
Yeh you can pause as much as you like, and also quit out and do it in two or more sittings.

Only potentially tricky part is the last bit of the prison. But even with a few deaths I still finished with 30 minutes to spare.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah, Miles Morales is on Plus Extra.

I've downloaded it and Stray too. Seems to better games on the Ps5 compared to the Xbox. But I could be wrong.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeh you can pause as much as you like, and also quit out and do it in two or more sittings.

Only potentially tricky part is the last bit of the prison. But even with a few deaths I still finished with 30 minutes to spare.
Excellent. Looking at my normal playthrough, the time was 4h 55m. I'd say close to 2h of that was trying to get the damn sleeping trophy and another fair whack of time was for the zurk pursuit and redoing the sneaking ones. 1h 40ish should be doable for me just not having to worry about the side content.

Ted Lasso

Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Returnal. I played them in that order and was loved them all.

caid

How about the other FF game?
No idea but im going to say no. Final Fantasy has been moving away from it for a while. Remake was very good to be fair. Think Persona 5 is a more traditional rpg and has got very good reviews. Its free on ps plus, theres probably dozens of good turn based rpgs spread around there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Extra and Premium games get announced in two weeks but we know that three of the Extra games will be Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2.
All okay so this isn't the full extra / premium line up

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been playing The Messenger as it's part of the Extra tier on PS Plus. I'm not typically a 2D platformer guy. I never was into things like Megaman and Ninja Gaiden. They didn't really do it for me, plus I suck at 2D platformers. But this one is really fun so far. The gameplay is really solid, it has great music, the moveset (so far) is fairly simple - which is a good thing - and I like the level design. An enjoyable experience so far.

Spoony

The People's President
Stray was more style over substance. It looked great but the puzzles weren't particularly difficult nor the gameplay varied enough. That said it was decent for a bit of stress relief. Now, Morales really does look great.

Irwin99

Stray was more style over substance. It looked great but the puzzles weren't particularly difficult nor the gameplay varied enough. That said it was decent for a bit of stress relief. Now, Morales really does look great.
As someone who liked the idea and mostly liked the game I was kind of shocked by the massively positive reaction the game got. It's a nice little 6 or 7 out of 10 game that was fun but really limited. An 8.7 fan score on metacritc is higher than Elden Ring (albeit with fewer ratings)

Shark

@NotShark
Spiderman remastered is really top notch. Swinging around at up to 120fps is different gravy. Still the best Spiderman game and can't wait for the second.

Spoony

The People's President
As someone who liked the idea and mostly liked the game I was kind of shocked by the massively positive reaction the game got. It's a nice little 6 or 7 out of 10 game that was fun but really limited. An 8.7 fan score on metacritc is higher than Elden Ring (albeit with fewer ratings)

Yeah reviews have surprised me. Anyway, it would've been more fluid had the cat been able to jump anywhere. I think there's a great game in there somewhere.

Ainu

Been playing some Ghostrunner, which was a free PS Plus title a while ago. There's a lot to like here, but man is it hard. The gameplay, cyberpunk aesthetic and matching synthwave soundtrack are all fantastic.

When it comes to combat, the game it reminds me the most of is Hotline Miami. You're trying to solve each encounter by finding the most efficient path through the enemies and you die in one hit, so you're doing this over and over until you get it. Definitely not for everyone, but I'm having fun with it so far.

Superunknown

Started Returnal last night.

That's some good shit, right there. :drool: Pretty much pulled that face the entire time. It's just amazing.

Smores

Finally finished elden ring other day, nearly 150hrs in total. Feeling of beating some of the tougher bosses on that game is great but was glad to finally finish it.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been playing some Ghostrunner, which was a free PS Plus title a while ago. There's a lot to like here, but man is it hard. The gameplay, cyberpunk aesthetic and matching synthwave soundtrack are all fantastic.

When it comes to combat, the game it reminds me the most of is Hotline Miami. You're trying to solve each encounter by finding the most efficient path through the enemies and you die in one hit, so you're doing this over and over until you get it. Definitely not for everyone, but I'm having fun with it so far.
I played it a few weeks ago, and yes - it's a very difficult game. Steep learning curve. I did like it, but I gave up in the end. When you have a difficult game like that, I need something in there to keep me going to in order to overcome the difficulty. The From games have that sense of exploration that drives you on, and something like Cuphead is just such a gorgeous and unique-looking game that I wanted to carry on playing until I completed it.

But I couldn't find anything like that with this game, unfortunately, so I ditched it. It is very satisfying when you nail a particular area though.