Gaming PlayStation 5

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Maybe its a game of the year edition or something on premium? Theres probably multiple copies of the game.
Not sure, i tried clicking the different versions and it kept trying to make me pay. Weird.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Ps plus memberships are twenty five % off all tiers for black Friday.

But, if you go to shopto and buy a £fifty and £twenty five psn credit these are priced around £42.85 and £22.65 respectively, meaning you can get the highest tier for just over £65 instead of £99

I just added another year this way to take me up to December 2024

Edit. Sorry about writing the numbers in words but some odd thing happened where it replaced the numbers with "Googleplex"

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Is 3d audio through tv speakers a setting thats on by default after an update ? I was wondering why God of War was sounding not quite right. Turned it off and so much better

Minkaro

Boomerang sent me the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection. I’d already played A Thieves End before, and enjoyed it, but decided to give it another go because, y’know, it’s there, might as well.

Man, I love these games. They’re just so much fun, and they have some of my favourite voice acting performances. Sometimes it almost feels like you’re playing a movie, with how cinematic it all feels.

Onto the Lost Legacy!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Boomerang sent me the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection. I’d already played A Thieves End before, and enjoyed it, but decided to give it another go because, y’know, it’s there, might as well.

Man, I love these games. They’re just so much fun, and they have some of my favourite voice acting performances. Sometimes it almost feels like you’re playing a movie, with how cinematic it all feels.

Onto the Lost Legacy!
A bit of an aside but I'm really surprised boomerang are still going. What's the cost these days?

Ainu

Anyone else tried Hades? If not i can not reccomend it enough. An absoloute gem and cheap as well
Yes, excellent game, won loads of awards as well. It's well worth playing until you get the full ending. And even then there's still a lot to uncover.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Onto the Lost Legacy!
Cool, earlier in the year I worked through the first 3 so I can replay the 4th. Looking forward to seeing it on PS5 and my new TV.

Wasn't so keen on TLL, still a very good and polished game but not having Nathan and Sully is a very big miss (for me at least).

Minkaro

A bit of an aside but I'm really surprised boomerang are still going. What's the cost these days?
I’m on the 10.99 tier. I really like it, Boomerang and PS Plus gives me plenty to keep me occupied.

Last game I got new was TLOU2, I think.

Irwin99

How big is the difference between playing a PS5 on a TV that supports HDMI 2.1 and, well, not playing on one? Thinking of upgrading my TV to one that works at an optimal level with my PS5. Pretty expensive by the looks of things but if it improves my experience then it might be worth it.

And yes i'm technologically illiterate :( It just kind of annoyed me that I was locked out of some of the performance/quality options for RE2 remake because my TV is too old.

Volumiza

How big is the difference between playing a PS5 on a TV that supports HDMI 2.1 and, well, not playing on one? Thinking of upgrading my TV to one that works at an optimal level with my PS5. Pretty expensive by the looks of things but if it improves my experience then it might be worth it.
Big enough that it's noticeable. I've just upgraded from an already nice TV to a Sony Bravia Oled with 2 x 2.1 ports. Awesome sound and incredible picture that supports high quality visuals and high frame rate in conjunction. It wasn't cheap but I'm very happy with it. GOW especially looks incredible.

Also the 2nd 2.1 channel is ARC and I bought a SONOS surround setup. Best videogame sound I've ever heard. COD:MW2 sounds utterly insane!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Big enough that it's noticeable. I've just upgraded from an already nice TV to a Sony Bravia Oled with 2 x 2.1 ports. Awesome sound and incredible picture that supports high quality visuals and high frame rate in conjunction. It wasn't cheap but I'm very happy with it. GOW especially looks incredible.

Also the 2nd 2.1 channel is ARC and I bought a SONOS surround setup. Best videogame sound I've ever heard. COD:MW2 sounds utterly insane!
Aren’t most of those nothing to do with hdmi 2.1 though? The main benefit is 120fps and 8k. The ps5 doesn’t do 8k and most games won’t support 120fps.

not saying it’s not beneficial to have and if you’re getting a new tv you may as well future proof and get it but I don’t think it’s a necessity for this gen at all?

Volumiza

Aren’t most of those nothing to do with hdmi 2.1 though? The main benefit is 120fps and 8k. The ps5 doesn’t do 8k and most games won’t support 120fps.

not saying it’s not beneficial to have and if you’re getting a new tv you may as well future proof and get it but I don’t think it’s a necessity for this gen at all?
You're right to a degree but the step up in picture and stability is very noticeable as I said dude, and my old tv was no slouch. And to prove my point, slightly annoyingly, the TV doesn't auto detect input capabilities so Id' been playing GOW as a standard HDMI. Switched to 2.1 and it came to life. Beautiful.

The sound is very noticeable too, the setup I bought required 2.1 ARC output.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You're right to a degree but the step up in picture and stability is very noticeable as I said dude, and my old tv was no slouch.

The sound is very noticeable too, the setup I bought required 2.1 ARC output.
It’s probably a moot point as most premium tvs will come with 2.1 now anyway if you’re buying one, but I just would not say it’s worth it if you already have a recently recent premium tv without it, if that makes sense. Coming from an older tv it definitely makes sense.

Volumiza

It’s probably a moot point as most premium tvs will come with 2.1 now anyway if you’re buying one, but I just would not say it’s worth it if you already have a recently recent premium tv without it, if that makes sense. Coming from an older tv it definitely makes sense.
Yeah sure, agreed, but I'd also say from a future proofing POV it makes sense.

Irwin99

Thanks for the reply and that's encouraging. I've had my current tv for many years now so it's probably best to upgrade at some point anyway.

Ainu

And yes i'm technologically illiterate :( It just kind of annoyed me that I was locked out of some of the performance/quality options for RE2 remake because my TV is too old.
If your TV is old and you're looking to upgrade, you should definitely go for HDMI 2.1. It's not an absolute must, not that many games offer 4k120 modes for now (or 4k40 at 120Hz or above 60 with VRR), but HDMI 2.1 is widespread enough among modern sets that it wouldn't make sense to miss out.

If you've already got a decent 4k TV with HDMI 2.0 that's slightly old, I wouldn't necessarily say it's worth the extra cost.

Irwin99

If your TV is old and you're looking to upgrade, you should definitely go for HDMI 2.1. It's not an absolute must, not that many games offer 4k120 modes for now (or 4k40 at 120Hz or above 60 with VRR), but HDMI 2.1 is widespread enough among modern sets that it wouldn't make sense to miss out.

If you've already got a decent 4k TV with HDMI 2.0 that's slightly old, I wouldn't necessarily say it's worth the extra cost.
Sadly not as my TV is pretty old-must be 6 or 7 years now.

Thanks for the advice-i'm tilting towards getting a 4k one with HDMI 2.1 but i'm shopping around. I'm not a multi-player gamer so some of the hardcore ultra-competitive considerations don't really apply but I guess it's good to get one that improves the visual quality.

Bebe

This is my situation. My TV can do 120hz, but only at 1080p. Personally I find 60fps at 4k (or whatever the game supports) to be a great experience. HDMI 2.1 would be a bonus but it truly makes little difference to me at this point.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

I have an old shitty TV and the fecking thing shits itself on a regular basis when playing GoW

kidbob

How do you guys find the top tier of PS Plus? I see its on sale for the year. Worth trying out?

kidbob

for the year it works out at less than 7 quid a month so good value I’d say. Loads of good games in the game catalogue. Classics needs improving though
Actually yeah when you look at it monthly its a very good deal. Cheers I'll check it out.

caid

How do you guys find the top tier of PS Plus? I see its on sale for the year. Worth trying out?
Haven't looked that carefully so maybe someone will correct me but i believe the premium tier just adds some ps1 games. Not a particularly wide selection and not a particularly good conversions of them. So even if its dirt cheap its not worth it.

Dave_MUFC

Haven't looked that carefully so maybe someone will correct me but i believe the premium tier just adds some ps1 games. Not a particularly wide selection and not a particularly good conversions of them. So even if its dirt cheap its not worth it.
It also gives PS3 streaming, which is what does it for me, as I'm currently/planning to play games like Heavy Rain, Sly Cooper, Arkham Origins, and Ratchet & Clank.

Worth the extra £10 or so for the year based on that.

CallyRed

No but I'm hearing awful news about the performance on both consoles and PC. Not even locked to 30fps on consoles.
Ended up getting this in the end as was on offer. I'm a sucker for Gotham City.
Just started, combat is a bit sluggish.

caid

It also gives PS3 streaming, which is what does it for me, as I'm currently/planning to play games like Heavy Rain, Sly Cooper, Arkham Origins, and Ratchet & Clank.

Worth the extra £10 or so for the year based on that.
PS3 streaming without MGS4*
That feels like a notable caveat, i think its the reason i still own a ps3. Haven't the others gotten a remake / remaster at some point?

dinostar77

New Need for Speed Unbound game out on dec 2. I really like the last NFS game:heat.

Same day as Callisto Protocol (spiritual succesor to Dead Space). I want both but NFS can wait.

Ganeplay of both below.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
They’re the headphones I’ve got - really excellent and so comfortable!! :)
Couldn't find my old ones so used bose 700s the other day but had to use mic on ps5 controller. Heard it was alright but the lads said it sounded "ok" at best so thought may aswell invest in something decent.

Heard they're better for the 3d audio than the official ps5 ones too, also, see a test review on youtube, thought the mic sounded decent still tucked into the ear bit too, actually think I preferred it.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Couldn't find my old ones so used bose 700s the other day but had to use mic on ps5 controller. Heard it was alright but the lads said it sounded "ok" at best so thought may aswell invest in something decent.

Heard they're better for the 3d audio than the official ps5 ones too, also, see a test review on youtube, thought the mic sounded decent still tucked into the ear bit too, actually think I preferred it.
The 3D audio is fantastic on them!

I picked up Sniper - will shout when I’m online!