Gaming PlayStation 5

Andy_Cole

Does anyone else have issues playing blu rays on their PS5?

The only way I can seem to get mine to play one is if I disconnect from the internet. If I stay connected to the internet I get a black screen.

I'm guessing the console is trying to authenticate or something but it just seems to give up trying after a few seconds and never progresses past the black screen.

Edit: I turned off internet connection for BD live and that seems to have fixed it. It's a better work around than having to disconnect the console from the internet every time I want to watch the Sopranos. Seems the console gets confused if the disc doesn't have interactive features that need an internet connection to use.
I bought a decent collection of UHDs because of my PS5. They play great.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Oh so that one sentence at the start is the bit that offended you. The "I don't really understand this" bit, because the last few gens have been exactly like that, where it takes developers a while to understand the best way to use the systems. The rest was totally reasonable. And now you're name calling. Very adult.
I want to apologise. I was too sensitive and took it the wrong way, was my problem.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cool bit of kit, but surely anybody that bothered about being competitive is on PC anyway.

Leg-End

£110 for a controller would have been crazy, but sure add another £100 on that too.

Ainu

What is the point of that carrying case, by the way? Where would you even take that controller? I mean, unless you're also in the habit of carrying a massive console around with you.

b82REZ

What is the point of that carrying case, by the way? Where would you even take that controller? I mean, unless you're also in the habit of carrying a massive console around with you.
Whenever I had a FIFA night with my mates back in the day I'd take my controller because my mates only had one.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
My premium subscription expires in 5 days and there don’t seem to be any deals around et the moment at all. I’m tempted to just extend by a month and hope there’s a deal on the 12 month subscription for Black Friday.

£99 is bloody steep considering I got 12 months of ps plus and ps now for £25 each last year.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Any new and good games to play on the PS5 recently? I haven't bought a new game since I got my PS5 in June - I bought WWE 2k22 back then and spent some time on it but nothing else. Was hoping Fifa 23, Gotham Knights etc. would be good but they don't look like it and so I'm not going to spend money on them. I don't want to purchase any PS4 remakes as I'll most likely have already played those on the PS4.

Leg-End

Any new and good games to play on the PS5 recently? I haven't bought a new game since I got my PS5 in June - I bought WWE 2k22 back then and spent some time on it but nothing else. Was hoping Fifa 23, Gotham Knights etc. would be good but they don't look like it and so I'm not going to spend money on them. I don't want to purchase any PS4 remakes as I'll most likely have already played those on the PS4.
Is it not worth getting PS+ Extra and sampling a few different games you may not have already tried or thought to try?

Bebe

Pickings are pretty sparse if you're avoiding last gen titles with upgrades. God of War in a couple weeks though. Maybe Plague Tale: Requiem?

Bosws87

Completed The Medium because it was free, wasn't too bad i'd give it a 6/7 rating, i quite like the Heavy Rain/Until Dawn style of games so this was right up the same street.

Visuals are excellent throughout and its certainly worth a playthrough if you have nothing else currently.

Donut

I wonder if we’ll get PS6 before PS5s are widely available in my country.

Adamsk7

Anyone know if there is a way to get cheap PS+ Premium in the way you can with Gamepass? I had a year of PS+ and Now that got converted and that ends in November.

Newtonius

Are they still relatively rare? Thinking of selling mine at this point especially with christmas coming up its literally catching dust.

Here is my games for instance.

Deathloop
Horizon forbidden west
Demon souls
Ratchet and Clank
Judgement & Lost Judgement
Fifa 22
Ghosts of Tsushima
Uncharted Drake collection
God of War
Persona 5 Royal,
Trails of Cold steel IV.

See my problem? As a PC gamer with a decent rig the lack of exclusives is a real bummer man, yeah i enjoyed Ratchet and Clank but it came out a year and half ago and ultimately wasn't worth buying the console for, guess i bought in to the Jim Ryan hype machine about "generations" meaning something to Sony pffff.

Last edited:

caid

Are they still relatively rare? Thinking of selling mine at this point especially with christmas coming up its literally catching dust.

Here is my games for instance.

Deathloop
Horizon forbidden west
Demon souls
Ratchet and Clank
Judgement & Lost Judgement
Fifa 22
Ghosts of Tsushima
Uncharted Drake collection
God of War
Persona 5 Royal,
Trails of Cold steel IV.

See my problem? As a PC gamer with a decent rig the lack of exclusives is a real bummer man, yeah i enjoyed Ratchet and Clank but it came out a year and half ago and ultimately wasn't worth buying the console for, guess i bought in to the Jim Ryan hype machine about "generations" meaning something to Sony pffff.
I'm in a similar boat. I think it probably deserves credit for being a decent alternative to a good PC performance wise. Not common with consoles. You'll get to play God of War 2 and Horizon a year or 18 months earlier than you would otherwise? Maybe you have friends on PSN to play FIFA against? Theres the odd game like Bloodborne that hasn't and possibly wont get released on PC?
I think you can still sell them at cost price.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Has anyone here found the controller mic useful?

I had the unfortunate experience of playing with a mate using it. It makes very little sense to me.

If they’re using it, it means their audio is coming from the tv, which makes for an awful experience for the rest of the party having to listen to that.

It’s also really bad quality.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

I had the unfortunate experience of playing with a mate using it. It makes very little sense to me.

If they’re using it, it means their audio is coming from the tv, which makes for an awful experience for the rest of the party having to listen to that.

No. It's permanently off on mine. Only fun thing about it was capturing and adding audio to the video capture it does of achievement pop ups. You can imagine all the relief cursing generated from Demons Souls/Returnal/Elden Ring boss fights.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

You can use it if youve got just earphones or whatever plugged in I thought?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So Siege it says it is included with Extra but when I go to download says I need premium? Any ideas?