Gaming PlayStation 5

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Thank you. Yes I’ll play Astros.

Not played GoW.

Would you recommend a subscription and any of the PS4 games or left field titles?

Disco Elysium sounds intriguing
Get a short Extra subscription and try out a few games and see if they're your cup of tea. If not, you can drop them and move onto the next one.

Games on Extra I've played and liked:
  • Bloodborne (a FROM game so hard as feck, might not be up your street but was my first and loved it)
  • Days Gone (open world, writing is a bit dodgy but fighting hordes of zombies is great)
  • God of War 2018 (fully recommend)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • inFAMOUS Second Son (you have super powers, can go along a good path or evil path)
  • Ratchet and Clank (you've mentioned this, not sure if you're referring to Rift Apart or the PS4 remake but the PS4 remake is this and good)
  • Stray
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (as left field, very short)
  • Yakuza Zero
Quite a lot of the oldest games are locked behind Premium. On there you have access to 10 Ratchet and Clank games (streaming), the first three Uncharted games, the Sly collection (three Sly Cooper games), a number of Jak games, the original inFAMOUS games and more.

Here's a good fan website showing what is on Extra and you can use the filters on the left to see if there are games you may like.

TheReligion

Abusive
Get a short Extra subscription and try out a few games and see if they're your cup of tea. If not, you can drop them and move onto the next one.

Games on Extra I've played and liked:
  • Bloodborne (a FROM game so hard as feck, might not be up your street but was my first and loved it)
  • Days Gone (open world, writing is a bit dodgy but fighting hordes of zombies is great)
  • God of War 2018 (fully recommend)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • inFAMOUS Second Son (you have super powers, can go along a good path or evil path)
  • Ratchet and Clank (you've mentioned this, not sure if you're referring to Rift Apart or the PS4 remake but the PS4 remake is this and good)
  • Stray
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (as left field, very short)
  • Yakuza Zero
Quite a lot of the oldest games are locked behind Premium. On there you have access to 10 Ratchet and Clank games (streaming), the first three Uncharted games, the Sly collection (three Sly Cooper games), a number of Jak games, the original inFAMOUS games and more.

Here's a good fan website showing what is on Extra and you can use the filters on the left to see if there are games you may like.
Thanks D man!

Is there usually any good value memberships in the new year?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just enjoyed about 2 and a half hours of playing dads army with @swooshboy on sniper elite 5 :lol: Christ we're useless, thick, downright terrible army people. Our hiding skills are basically non existent. Great laugh though :lol: highlights were swoosh trying to plant a bomb and grenading himself to death, us trying to figure out how to throw a bottle, and getting absolutes mauled by about 20 Germans because we couldn't figure out where to hide and just ran round in circles instead.

Still find the SE series great, they never change much because the formula just works.

I mean, we played 2 and a half hours of the first mission, doing side objectives and that aswell, we are probably close to the end of the first mission now I'd think, but who knows. It's a nice change of pace from other games if I'm honest.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Just enjoyed about 2 and a half hours of playing dads army with @swooshboy on sniper elite 5 :lol: Christ we're useless, thick, downright terrible army people. Our hiding skills are basically non existent. Great laugh though :lol: highlights were swoosh trying to plant a bomb and grenading himself to death, us trying to figure out how to throw a bottle, and getting absolutes mauled by about 20 Germans because we couldn't figure out where to hide and just ran round in circles instead.

Still find the SE series great, they never change much because the formula just works.

I mean, we played 2 and a half hours of the first mission, doing side objectives and that aswell, we are probably close to the end of the first mission now I'd think, but who knows. It's a nice change of pace from other games if I'm honest.
Was a great laugh! Think we will improve with practice!

Am up for playing through the whole game in coop if you are? As you said it’s a nice change from other games so will be good to work our way through it!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Was a great laugh! Think we will improve with practice!

Am up for playing through the whole game in coop if you are? As you said it’s a nice change from other games so will be good to work our way through it!
Yeah I'll go through the entire game no problem, like you say we should get better. If not it may be time to retire from gaming completely :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Question - What's the length of the official USB-C cable that comes with the PS5? My dad's asked for a new one for Christmas as he wants a longer one but I don't know what I'm comparing it to.

Thank you in advance sonybros.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Question - What's the length of the official USB-C cable that comes with the PS5? My dad's asked for a new one for Christmas as he wants a longer one but I don't know what I'm comparing it to.

Think it's 1.5m

Edit: nah just had a look and closer to 1m I think, if that tbh. That's if I'm looking at the right one

RedDevilRoshi

It’s about 1.5M. If he’s looking for a longer one than that, the following is one that my brother uses:

PowerA USB-C Cable For Playstation 5, Cable, USB-C, PS5 https://amzn.eu/d/geYyJZi

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
So I finally got a PS5.!

Looking at getting online in due course.

Any tips/advice?

Game wise this lot interest me but let me know if I’m missing anything obvious or if I should steer clear of any of these in particular;

Football Manager 23 (if it’s released)
Return to Monkey Island
Gran Turismo 7
Need for Speed Unbound
Crash Bandicoot It’s About Time
Ratchet and Clank
Callisto Protocol
I haven't bought it, but from what i have read its a big letdown and not worth 60£ unless you are swimming in money. Basically it is very short, very linear, clunky controls and mediore gameplay, but with amazing visuals

TheReligion

Abusive
I haven't bought it, but from what i have read its a big letdown and not worth 60£ unless you are swimming in money. Basically it is very short, very linear, clunky controls and mediore gameplay, but with amazing visuals
Cheers mate I’d seen that. It’s not on my list anymore!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Oh I didn’t think you could do that. I’m just not sure why a big caf game hasn’t taken place? Is it difficult to do? A feature I’ve never used on FM but would be well up for
It takes ages to progress and requires a lot of time. You need everyone online at the same time and because everyone is making decisions you could play for four hours and only pass 2-4 weeks in game. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
It takes ages to progress and requires a lot of time. You need everyone online at the same time and because everyone is making decisions you could play for four hours and only pass 2-4 weeks in game. :lol:
Yeah I can imagine really. I guess you’d have to introduce time frames and what not?

Again not sure how it works it just seems in this day and age it can’t be that hard to do whilst getting everyone connected online.

In theory it sounds mint

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I can imagine really. I guess you’d have to introduce time frames and what not?

Again not sure how it works it just seems in this day and age it can’t be that hard to do whilst getting everyone connected online.

In theory it sounds mint
In theory yeah. It's always something I've wanted to do but the one time I managed to get people to do it it was painstakingly slow. Everyone also knew the best players, what is required to get them, etc.. and the game barely lasted a few weeks. I think we just about got out of the transfer window before it died on its arse.

TheReligion

Abusive
In theory yeah. It's always something I've wanted to do but the one time I managed to get people to do it it was painstakingly slow. Everyone also knew the best players, what is required to get them, etc.. and the game barely lasted a few weeks. I think we just about got out of the transfer window before it died on its arse.
How many did you have on it and can you add parameters to improve it?

Shame really as it should be a great way to do it. Wonder if just having a couple would work better.