Gaming PlayStation 5

Coxy

Whats everyone playing right now? Post Gow and really not sure what to play.
Last of Us Part 1. Last played it on my PS3 so really enjoying it again on PS5. Thankfully don't remember too much. After this I'm going back into GTA5 as well. Will then concentrate on the newer games again. (Ghost of T...)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm switching between Insurgency: Sandstorm, Hitman Freelancer and Snipe Elite 5 (doing the co-op campaign with @One Night Only).

Oh, and also playing SpiderHeck with my daughter which is a load of fun!!
Insurgency is great, am I right in saying ambush gamemode no longer works? I can't connect to a game and that's my fav one.

CloneMC16

Absolutely nothing, hoping hogwarts legacy lives up to the potential only thing that’s jumping out at me.
Same as me. I haven't even turned my PS5 on in a month. That isn't like me at all. I usually play Destiny 2, but I'm so bored of it right now. I have a bunch of games in my backlog, but don't feel much desire to play them. The last game I finished was Horizon: Forbidden West.

I'm waiting on Hogwarts Legacy.

Ainu

I always find it a bit bizarre that people don't know what to play and are just waiting for the next AAA game. Surely you can't have played everything out there that appeals to you? I spend as much time on games as anyone on here (and judging by those end-of-year summary cards, more than most) and I'm never even remotely in danger of running out of games.

Just dive into your backlog and start playing stuff, sooner or later you'll discover a gem that makes you fall in love with gaming again.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Completed Mass Effect 1 and now playing through Jedi: Fallen Order. Its actually fun parrying with the light saber and sending the laser back to the Storm Troopers.

Will start Mass Effect 2 and continue with Fallen Order and Returnal in next month.

CloneMC16

I always find it a bit bizarre that people don't know what to play and are just waiting for the next AAA game. Surely you can't have played everything out there that appeals to you? I spend as much time on games as anyone on here (and judging by those end-of-year summary cards, more than most) and I'm never even remotely in danger of running out of games.

Just dive into your backlog and start playing stuff, sooner or later you'll discover a gem that makes you fall in love with gaming again.
I have plenty of games to play. Games I have installed, but haven't played yet: Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Ghost of Tsushima, Stray, Returnal, Tales of Arise, A Plague Tale: Innocence, and Far Cry 6. There's a tonne of other games I've got, but haven't installed them yet. I could start any of them right now, but just not feeling it.

I planned to play Stray after I finished HFW, but haven't felt the drive to do so.

Bosws87

Well god of war was meant to be the game I delved into but I got so far and it just fizzled out completely for me.

No doubt I’ll start it again and complete it but sometimes there’s just periods where nothing seems to grab me.

No doubt most of the problem is me and I’m very geared towards playing games that are received well, most are thrown to the side before even trying them because of the reviews/videos I’ve watched prior to the release.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well god of war was meant to be the game I delved into but I got so far and it just fizzled out completely for me.

No doubt I’ll start it again and complete it but sometimes there’s just periods where nothing seems to grab me.

No doubt most of the problem is me and I’m very geared towards playing games that are received well, most are thrown to the side before even trying them because of the reviews/videos I’ve watched prior to the release.
Doesn't sound great, you doing ok?

Not a healthy way to consume stuff if you're basing it off the opinions of others.

Bosws87

Doesn't sound great, you doing ok?

Not a healthy way to consume stuff if you're basing it off the opinions of others.
Haha yeh I’m fine, not strictly following but I do like a general guideline on the quality of the game.

A lot of things frustrate me more than the average player, screentear, poor performance, unstable frame rate or just 30fps in general.

I like to know the game is technically sound this is just from growing up in the cutting edge pc gaming space. Normally I can gauge from the developers where the game stands.

GOW was probs burnout to be honest as great and excellent as the top playstation games are they are all very similar story focused single player etc.

I’ll come back no doubt in x amount of time and say it was a masterpiece.

Berbasbullet

I decided to delve into RE2 over the weekend. I've just met a giant bloke who is following me around the police station trying to end me. Not enjoying it. :lol:

Bosws87

I decided to delve into RE2 over the weekend. I've just met a giant bloke who is following me around the police station trying to end me. Not enjoying it. :lol:
Love the original resident evils, but i sure do hate that game mechanic its so annoying. :lol:

It's made me just stop playing more then a few times.

Ainu

Yeah, that happens. For me it's usually because I've been playing too many AAA games, they get sort of predictable after a while. Fortunately there's always an abundance of fantastic games below the AAA tier available, I always find something that rekindles my interest in gaming.

Berbasbullet

Love the original resident evils, but i sure do hate that game mechanic its so annoying. :lol:

It's made me just stop playing more then a few times.
Honestly, im so low on supplies and health and there's a bit where he corners me so I don't know what to do :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wish a fun new game would come out. So far I'm only using my PS5 to play old games from the PSplus premium classics thingy.

Forspoken looked sort of cool in early trailers, but it appears to be cack now that it's out. Maybe I should give GoW another go.

RedDevilRoshi

Playing The Quarry with the wife. Doing a chapter each and will probably do another playthrough or two once we finish this current one. She’s got Hogwarts Legacy lined up after this.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I wish a fun new game would come out. So far I'm only using my PS5 to play old games from the PSplus premium classics thingy.

Forspoken looked sort of cool in early trailers, but it appears to be cack now that it's out. Maybe I should give GoW another go.
Tried Hades?

Agree about Forspoken. I had really high hopes for it when i saw the first trailers. but considering the lukewarm reception it got its not worth 70£ imo

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Tried Hades?

Agree about Forspoken. I had really high hopes for it when i saw the first trailers. but considering the lukewarm reception it got its not worth 70£ imo
Yeah, loved Hades, I have it on Switch. Such a fantastic game to play on the go. Not really feel like also getting it on PS5 though, I logged a massive amount of hours on it on Switch and I don't really care about graphics or fps.

Ainu

I'm just going to throw out some games that either released recent-ish (+- last half year or so) or came to PS recent-ish: Tunic, Neon White, Cult of the Lamb, Rollerdrome, Metal: Hellsinger, Ghost Song, Signalis, Inscryption, Moonscars. So far I've only found time for one of them (Tunic), but they're all worth checking out in my opinion.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Insurgency is great, am I right in saying ambush gamemode no longer works? I can't connect to a game and that's my fav one.
Not sure about that game mode? I know they have a cycle of game modes that are available for a limited time (such as Frenzy)?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm just going to throw out some games that either released recent-ish (+- last half year or so) or came to PS recent-ish: Tunic, Neon White, Cult of the Lamb, Rollerdrome, Metal: Hellsinger, Ghost Song, Signalis, Inscryption, Moonscars. So far I've only found time for one of them (Tunic), but they're all worth checking out in my opinion.
Oh wow, I dont know any of these. I'll check em out thanks!

Vapor trail

Same thing happened to me with the first GOW on the older generation playstation. Then a friend kept nagging so I played on the PS5 and ended up enjoying it (2018 version).

I then had a similar experience with Ragnarok the other day (dragging, repetitive) but the opening up of the story caught interest. I think AAA games in general for the last few years have failed to deliver. For me it's only really Rockstar who deliver a consistent product most of the time. I am biased as I have a very refined criteria only really enjoy superhero, storytelling and some driving franchises. If someone's into RPG (especially elden ring), FPS, indie, sports and simulation however there seems to be a plethora of options.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Exciting day thursday. Been looking forward to Deliver us Mars for ages now, absolutely loved Deliver us the Moon and really hope for more of the same. Pre-ordered for £22.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have plenty of games to play. Games I have installed, but haven't played yet: Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Ghost of Tsushima, Stray, Returnal, Tales of Arise, A Plague Tale: Innocence, and Far Cry 6. There's a tonne of other games I've got, but haven't installed them yet. I could start any of them right now, but just not feeling it.

I planned to play Stray after I finished HFW, but haven't felt the drive to do so.
Play Returnal play Returnal play Returnal. You'll either love it or hate it so much you'll destroy your PS5. Win-win.

CloneMC16

Play Returnal play Returnal play Returnal. You'll either love it or hate it so much you'll destroy your PS5. Win-win.
Been debating on it, but the permadeath worries me a bit. Never played a game with that mechanic, but the combat looks fun.

I will most likely play it after I finish Stray.