Gaming PlayStation 5

CloneMC16

Am I the only one who likes linear games? Tired of open-world games that have 100 hours of gameplay out of which 90 are fetch quests.
I prefer linear games. I assume most people prefer open world. We get so many of them nowadays. I definitely suffer from open world fatigue when I play them back to back.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I love the idea of open world games until I open the map in the first area and see about 50 icons for things that need clearing... then area 2 opens up and there's 50 more... at which point I realise my mistake. The exception in recent times was Elden Ring - but that doesn't exactly have obvious quest markers etc

Zen86

I love the idea of open world games until I open the map in the first area and see about 50 icons for things that need clearing... then area 2 opens up and there's 50 more... at which point I realise my mistake. The exception in recent times was Elden Ring - but that doesn't exactly have obvious quest markers etc
I'm the same. Markers just become a chore and while you're not exactly required to do them, there's an annoying voice in the back of my mind saying I could be missing out on important stuff if I don't.

redcucumber

I played Elden Ring for the first time the other day on PS5. Instantly fell in love with it. It's ridiculously perfect (although some of the stats and amount of items seems overwhelming). Too busy to get a PS5 at the moment but it'll be the first game I get when the time comes.

Smores

Instantly turn the filler mission markers off is what I do. I find my favorite games have all been non-linear there's just something extra about not being led by a leash down certain options. Witcher as an example has superb side missions and if you converted them all into linear missions it would lose a lot of charm.

That said games like AC could learn that less is more because they really do make it tiresome.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I played Elden Ring for the first time the other day on PS5. Instantly fell in love with it. It's ridiculously perfect (although some of the stats and amount of items seems overwhelming). Too busy to get a PS5 at the moment but it'll be the first game I get when the time comes.
Great game, I'm fast approaching 200 hours in... Should probably wrap it up soon as with the PSVR2 coming out I won't get much time.

Yes.

I am also considering using my gaming PC instead, as I have a 3090 in there, and a 12900K, and pairing that with a Valve Index.

But at the very least I'll be doing the PSVR2. Make it completely immersive.
Jheeze!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I just started this and I am struggling :lol: any tips?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's pretty easy for a souls game tbf, my 10 year old boy is level 70+

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I may dive back into Elden Ring, though I'll likely start all over again and this time I'll pace myself instead of diving head first into a battle with a giant b*stard tree fish...or something.

atkar83

I just started this and I am struggling :lol: any tips?
I struggled too. I thought it was such a stupid game with how hard it was. I had to basically grind for runes to level up my character to where I wasn't dying instantly. Then it get a lot more fun. It was my first souls game so I was ok with doing it my way rather than 'get gud'. I may have gotten overpowered to the point the main story was relatively easy, but I don't care. More enjoyable for me in the couple hours I get to play after the kids are down.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm a veteran of original demon's souls games and love the series. I'm a shameless summoner for bosses though because I just so rarely manage to beat them solo. Doesn't stop me enjoying the hell out of the games at all.

Bosws87

Current setup, never really bothered with remote play until i treated myself to a new iPad it's how i've been playing recently as i'm away from home.

Seems very very temperamental, when it works though it's solid and you can totally enjoy a single player game.

Found a weird workaround for it not connecting to the PS5 over the web sometimes, just start a download from the Playstation app, when the PS5 wakes up to start the download connect to remote play, works everytime.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Current setup, never really bothered with remote play until i treated myself to a new iPad it's how i've been playing recently as i'm away from home.

Seems very very temperamental, when it works though it's solid and you can totally enjoy a single player game.

Found a weird workaround for it not connecting to the PS5 over the web sometimes, just start a download from the Playstation app, when the PS5 wakes up to start the download connect to remote play, works everytime.
Is your ps5 WiFi or wired at home? Works better when it's using an ethernet cable.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
So I had a dream last night that I had a PS5 that'd sat literally unused for about a year up until somebody randomly gifted me a copy of GT7.

My first thought was wow, I completely forgot I owned that. The second was that I can now join the Redcafe GT7 crew.

Make of this what you will.

Bosws87

Connected my ps5 back to LAN yesterday and it's night and day difference for the remote play.

Totally forgot it was using wifi.

Hoof the ball

EA Sports PGA Tour 23 is out in March. First one in eight years. Promises to be going back to the one in 2012 when they did the Masters and the gameplay was brilliant.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
EA Sports PGA Tour 23 is out in March. First one in eight years. Promises to be going back to the one in 2012 when they did the Masters and the gameplay was brilliant.

I'll be getting it for sure. Thing the PGA tour 2k23 is great too though.

Don't like all the shite of putting spin on a ball mid air and boosts and shit though for this game, but hopefully I can turn all that off.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I'll be getting it for sure. Thing the PGA tour 2k23 is great too though.

Don't like all the shite of putting spin on a ball mid air and boosts and shit though for this game, but hopefully I can turn all that off.
Would be up for getting that and having a few rounds.
Obviously after we’ve finished Sniping!! Need to get back online and do that!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Would be up for getting that and having a few rounds.
Obviously after we’ve finished Sniping!! Need to get back online and do that!
Yeah, think we on last mission or close to, I'll probably pick up the DLC too as it's in sale iirc.

Nightshifts this week for me, but after that I'm good to go again

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I finished it on Steam Deck at 30fps (like the PS version), and really enjoyed it. It's definitely worth a play but I 'spose a bit dated now to some regarding combat/driving (which is a plus for me to be honest).
Thanks. I actually downloaded it earlier anyway as I had a quiet day ahead. Definitely it is outdated now. Graphics aren’t actually too bad. But the movement and driving and action game play is tedious. Nonetheless, the story seems engaging so far and has me interested in what’s happening next. Probably will stick with it given your endorsement too!

arthurka

Been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS5 and love how quick the loading shit is. Had a small operation and have been hanging while healing so I stole my sons PS5. Will be getting my own that's for sure.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Noob question. My cousin has a ps5 and he's coming to my house for a week. I have a ps4, will he be able to play his ps5 games on my machine logging in with his account?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Noob question. My cousin has a ps5 and he's coming to my house for a week. I have a ps4, will he be able to play his ps5 games on my machine logging in with his account?
I think you can stream if he has remote play setup on his account, you won't be able to download his ps5 games onto the PS4 unless he has the edition where he has the PS4 version too

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Completed the first island or 2 on AC odyssey, not impressed really. Story seems a bit meh so far, combat is pretty dreadful, the takedown stealth animations can be about 2 minutes long ffs. Lots of clutter too.

Took me about 10-15 hours to get into Valhalla so hoping the same here, if not I'll just drop it.

People saying this is the best AC game made me give it a go. Maybe just not my type of setting.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Completed the first island or 2 on AC odyssey, not impressed really. Story seems a bit meh so far, combat is pretty dreadful, the takedown stealth animations can be about 2 minutes long ffs. Lots of clutter too.

Took me about 10-15 hours to get into Valhalla so hoping the same here, if not I'll just drop it.

People saying this is the best AC game made me give it a go. Maybe just not my type of setting.
Both Odyssey and Valhalla are miles of being the best Assassins Creed games. Used to be miles better back in the day. Both okay but full of unnecessary clutter and far too big, so they both overstay their welcome. Having said that I do think the combat in Odyssey is better than Valhalla.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Both Odyssey and Valhalla are miles of being the best Assassins Creed games. Used to be miles better back in the day. Both okay but full of unnecessary clutter and far too big, so they both overstay their welcome. Having said that I do think the combat in Odyssey is better than Valhalla.
I think I preferred the first few games tbh, AC2 may have been one of the better ones.