Gaming PlayStation 5

caid

I stopped playing Assassins Creed after the 2nd. Was utterly bored of the gameplay loop half way through that one. I kind of regret not playing Black Flag a tiny bit but glad i skipped the rest.

lilcurt

Took delivery of a Steam Deck yesterday and tonight set it up for remote PS5 play. Works flawlessly an suddenly feels like I have a Vita 2!

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Just bought Ghosts of Tsushima, never played it before. User reviews on metacritic seem pretty mixed but I liked the look of it. What do people here make of it?

caid

Just bought Ghosts of Tsushima, never played it before. User reviews on metacritic seem pretty mixed but I liked the look of it. What do people here make of it?
Good. Bit bland, not much stands out. Doesn't have the most character. But well put together and pretty enjoyable

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Got myself a PSVR2 because I enjoy racing game and Gran Turismo.

I think I won't be able to play on a screen ever again. It's just something else, I'm pretty impressed with the hardware.

Jacob

Feel like cyberpunk is a chore to play through, only doing main quests.

Getting Farcry 6 next.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Getting Farcry 6 next.
I’ve not properly played Cyberpunk yet but if you think that’s a chore it’s got nothing on Far Cry 6.

Jacob

I’ve not properly played Cyberpunk yet but if you think that’s a chore it’s got nothing on Far Cry 6.
Not getting Farcry for the playthrough though. I quite enjoyed liberating outposts alone in Farcry 5.

The issue with Cyberpunk is that the character build, inventory and upgrades are too complex and vast. Too much dialogue as well. I've ignored it and played through on handicap basically.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Not getting Farcry for the playthrough though. I quite enjoyed liberating outposts alone in Farcry 5.

The issue with Cyberpunk is that the character build, inventory and upgrades are too complex and vast. Too much dialogue as well. I've ignored it and played through on handicap basically.
Yeah I feel the same about cyberpunk. I've dipped in and out but it hasn't gotten under my skin like dead space for example. On my second play through of that instead.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Getting Farcry 6 next.

I did cyberpunk 6 months ago (I waited until it's properly fixed) and really enjoyed the game. I think it's a really good product now.

Superden

I absolutely loved it. Take your time and do the side missions, before pushing through the main storyline.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Bland sh*t. Enjoyable combat (initially) hides what completely shallow and formulaic crap it actually is.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Anyone been playing Wo Long Fallen Dynasty?
Yeah, looks awful, plays great. Also the first boss comes around 30 minutes in and is a MASSIVE git gud check already which is funny, reminds me of Genichiro in Sekiro but way earlier in the game.

If Sekiro/Soulsborne is your thing then it will scratch the itch without reinventing the genre.

Ran like shit on my PC, though, so had to switch to the Series X. So disappointing how poorly optimised games are these days.

Vapor trail

Ghost of Tsushima I really enjoyed. It does bear similarities to the repetitiveness of a assassin's creed ubisoft in sequences but the combat / feel makes up for it.

Cyberpunk I played for probably 1 week and had enough of it. Absolutely garbage and for a FPS the game feels too mechanical even with heightened sensitivity. It's a great concept but poor execution.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I do, sadly just not when I’ve been stupid enough to go out and get pissed and think it’s a good idea to log in here. Dumb and pointless posts I admit. I’ll take my leave.
Ahah fair enough mate.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Getting really sick of my mate’s PS5 headset and its garbage mic. Genuinely the worst mic quality I’ve ever heard.

Then when the headset interferes with his router his takes it off and uses the controller mic which picks up all the tv sound. Genius idea that.

Bosws87

New software update today including joining discord calls, thats great news!

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...rd-voice-chat-vrr-support-for-1440p-and-more/

New Social Features
  • Join a Discord Voice Chat on Your PS5 Console. You can now join Discord voice chats on your PS5 console and easily chat with friends on most other gaming platforms. To start, link your Discord and PlayStation Network accounts from your PS5 console, PlayStation.com, or the Discord app on Windows, Mac or mobile device following these steps. Then, use the Discord app on your mobile device or computer to get a Discord voice chat going on your PS5 console (make sure your Discord app is updated to the latest version). You can also let your Discord friends see when you’re online and what you’re playing.
Note: if you’ve linked your PlayStation Network and Discord accounts in the past to display what game you’re playing, you’ll need to link your accounts again to grant the new permissions needed for Discord voice chat. If you participated in the system software beta and have already linked your accounts during the beta period, you don’t need to link them again.

Last edited:

arthurka

PSN pre paid cards stopped working for me on my PS5. Took the plus card but the PSN card gave me an error. Anyone else had this problem?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
AC odyssey is worse than Valhalla, the Merc system is fecking stupidly implemented. Just Merc after Merc after Merc, no stopping it. Absolute dogshit implementation of something which could have been cool.

pacifictheme

Ghost of Tsushima I really enjoyed. It does bear similarities to the repetitiveness of a assassin's creed ubisoft in sequences but the combat / feel makes up for it.

Cyberpunk I played for probably 1 week and had enough of it. Absolutely garbage and for a FPS the game feels too mechanical even with heightened sensitivity. It's a great concept but poor execution.
Loved ghost of tsushima. Going to do a ng+ run when I next have a break in playing other games I think.

Surprised to hear you say that about cyberpunk. I didn't finish it but I really liked it a lot when I played it. Thought it was a really well put together game.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
3rd play though of Dead Space complete and another platinum to go with Elden Ring, Ragnarok and Astro.

Such a good game. Might even go again at some point with the pew pew pew pew. Think I deserve it.

Hoof the ball

Can't remember the last full price game I bought. Deliberating whether or not Dead Space is worth it.
Whenever a new game comes out I add it to the wishlist, and then buy it when I get the notification to say it's on sale. That way I'm always working through a backlog of AAA titles. I don't mind not playing it on release.