Gaming PlayStation 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
“A new version of the wireless controller device software is availab-“

Jacob

Bought a ps5 for 400 and sold my ps4 for 200. Now what?

God of War may be first up.

Pirlo'sBeard

Thats a damn good deal. Who pays 200 for a PS4 these days?

God of War, Horizon, Mass Effect, Hades, Cyperpunk, Witcher 3, Elden Ring. There are all great imo
Add in Ghosts of Tsushima and Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Has it got up to date squads, or is Ronaldo still at Utd?
Ronaldo at united annoyingly.

I just beat Liverpool at OT 1-0, my entire tactical plan was to sit deep and spam early crosses, and I won with a Ronaldo header. Casemiro got a straight red after 2 footing Henderson :lol:

I also signed Caicedo for 57 million.

Jacob

Thats a damn good deal. Who pays 200 for a PS4 these days?

God of War, Horizon, Mass Effect, Hades, Cyperpunk, Witcher 3, Elden Ring. There are all great imo
I have played Withcer 3 and first version of God of War and Horizon - is it worth doing the ps5 upgrades?

caid

FF7 remake is very linear. Don't recall the original being like that.
Midgard was. The rest wasn't especially open until the 3rd disc, after returning to Midgard, which opened things up a bit.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
FF7 remake is very linear. Don't recall the original being like that.
FF7 was pretty linear, but I don’t equate that with being a bad thing.

I’m interested to see how they handle rebirth and whether they’ll open it up now we’re out of Midgar or whether it’ll continue to be linear. I expect the latter.

Spoony

The People's President

I’m interested to see how they handle rebirth and whether they’ll open it up now we’re out of Midgar or whether it’ll continue to be linear. I expect the latter.
i like it but miss being able to summon like in the original.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I think it will still be pretty linear sadly.

Revan

Assumptionman
Am I the only one who likes linear games? Tired of open-world games that have 100 hours of gameplay out of which 90 are fetch quests.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Am I the only one who likes linear games? Tired of open-world games that have 100 hours of gameplay out of which 90 are fetch quests.
I like them and do have a complaint about games now being too big but I think it just depends on the game. I’m quite happy with the Witcher being a huge open world game but that’s because the side quests are fantastically made and as enjoyable as the main quest. Compare that to AC:Valhalla and I can’t be arsed because the game is far too big for its quality. I think a game like FF7 with newgen graphics you have so much potential to capitalise on regarding the open world that was already set up for you. Instead I think they’ll probably do what they did with the first and have a linear game with DLC packages which are also linear but give you a bit of that open world lore that you miss out.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I've grown fed up of open world games, as well. Give me 10-15 hour campaigns all day.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What order should I play the Yazuka games in if I’m to try them?

Think I started one of them once and mistakenly thought it was shit instead of dumb/wacky on purpose.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Nope.

Think I started one of them once and mistakenly thought it was shit instead of dumb/wacky on purpose.
Kiwami 1. Never Zero no matter how many people suggest that, as those people have already played the others so weren't ruined by it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No it gets tiring if not done well. Open world games used to be the pinnacle of gaming but now it’s oversaturated with dead worlds and boring fetch quests like you said.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
So like chronological release order?
The first two were remade as Kiwami so definitely those first at least. It's a bit weird with the side ones changing gameplay/storylines too but my missus has played them all to death and always suggests them in order if you want to make the most of it.

Though of course, that is baring in mind that they are all very similar games so if you like one you'll like them all and vice-versa. But in my personal experience, the polish of Zero does greatly diminish from the rest.

Revan

Assumptionman
I like them and do have a complaint about games now being too big but I think it just depends on the game. I’m quite happy with the Witcher being a huge open world game but that’s because the side quests are fantastically made and as enjoyable as the main quest. Compare that to AC:Valhalla and I can’t be arsed because the game is far too big for its quality. I think a game like FF7 with newgen graphics you have so much potential to capitalise on regarding the open world that was already set up for you. Instead I think they’ll probably do what they did with the first and have a linear game with DLC packages which are also linear but give you a bit of that open world lore that you miss out.
The Witcher 3 is more like the exception rather than the norm. Of course if dove right, it can be fine but it requires so much work to make nice side quests, and most developers (Ubisoft being arguably the worst in that aspect) settle with skin X animals, for 30 different ones. Or for example BioWare with their Inquisition which changed the formula of only a few but nice side quests to a million fetch quests.

Honestly, every developer who wants their game to be over 20-30 hours first need to ask themselves does the game needs to be longer than that. And in the vast majority of cases, the answer is no.

I was thinking about my top 15 games of all time, and I would put there KOTOR 1 and 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Deus Ex, Half Life 1 and 2, BioShock 1, Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger all being somewhere between 20 and 30 hours (BioShock a bit shorter), with FF6 maybe 35-40, FF7 and FF9 around 50, and maybe the same for Dragon Age: Origins and The Witcher 3.

Assassin Creed games for example have no business in being longer than 10-15 hours.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

I did Zero > Kiwami 1 > Kiwami 2 > got sidetracked with other games but will then do 3-7. Enjoyed the order I did them in but got sidetracked big time with the cabaret.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I did Zero > Kiwami 1 > Kiwami 2 > got sidetracked with other games but will then do 3-7. Enjoyed the order I did them in but got sidetracked big time with the cabaret.
Is zero the most recent one though? Not sure I could go from better graphics to rubbish ones.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Is anyone into the F1 series of games. Currently on F1 2022 and loving it. Picked up the new Logitech G Pro series wheel and pedal set for $1,499 over Christmas and I’ve been addicted to it ever since.

Now am about to get a full cockpit for the true simulation effect:

Costs a pretty penny (about $2300), but I think I am all set on doing this. Anyone else have a similar set up?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is anyone into the F1 series of games. Currently on F1 2022 and loving it. Picked up the new Logitech G Pro series wheel and pedal set for $1,499 over Christmas and I’ve been addicted to it ever since.

Now am about to get a full cockpit for the true simulation effect:

Costs a pretty penny (about $2300), but I think I am all set on doing this. Anyone else have a similar set up?
Are you getting PSVR2?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Are you getting PSVR2?
Yes.

I am also considering using my gaming PC instead, as I have a 3090 in there, and a 12900K, and pairing that with a Valve Index.

But at the very least I'll be doing the PSVR2. Make it completely immersive.