Gaming PlayStation 5

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I paid for another year of PS Plus Extra as I moved console downstairs to my living room in attempt to give it another life.

What are the best games to start that are currently available within the subscription? I have downloaded Spiderman Remastered which I originally played on PS4 but failed to complete at the time. Seems great fun so far. Was intending to re-play God of War next before jumping into Ragnarok, however Kena got my attention and I think I'd enjoy The Quarry.

I'm basically looking for games with decent story, no longer than 25-30 hours (if they can be below 15 hours, even better), and preferably not requiring massive character building skills.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I paid for another year of PS Plus Extra as I moved console downstairs to my living room in attempt to give it another life.

What are the best games to start that are currently available within the subscription? I have downloaded Spiderman Remastered which I originally played on PS4 but failed to complete at the time. Seems great fun so far. Was intending to re-play God of War next before jumping into Ragnarok, however Kena got my attention and I think I'd enjoy The Quarry.

I'm basically looking for games with decent story, no longer than 25-30 hours (if they can be below 15 hours, even better), and preferably not requiring massive character building skills.
Spider-Man is being removed in two weeks so best to prioritise that (it isn't that long tbh). Miles Morales is pretty good too but recommend playing a different game between them to break things up a bit.

https://psnowguide.com/games/

^ That site has length and genre options so you can look for stuff more suited to your tastes. From brief glance at your post history you've played most of the Uncharted games but have you played Lost Legacy? That is on there too.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Spider-Man is being removed in two weeks so best to prioritise that (it isn't that long tbh). Miles Morales is pretty good too but recommend playing a different game between them to break things up a bit.

https://psnowguide.com/games/

^ That site has length and genre options so you can look for stuff more suited to your tastes. From brief glance at your post history you've played most of the Uncharted games but have you played Lost Legacy? That is on there too.
I think I will be fine to keep Spider-Man as I downloaded this as part of Miles Morales I bought at PS5 launch. I think there was a code inside the box. Surprised they are removing a first party game from the collection though!

Lost Legacy seems like a good plan. There’s only PS4 version in Store, I assume it will be upgraded with a patch once I download it?

And that page is excellent, thank you.

caid

Elden Ring sells 20m units and they’re not an AAA dev :lol:
In terms of budget they've probably just become a AAA dev. Dont think Dark Souls is an obvious fit for AAA for instance.
I mean forgetting that they're making better stuff than anyone else at the moment, whatever the budget.

caid

I've not even bothered reading the last three pages of the other thread so that Elden Ring post confused the hell out of me.
You dont need to worry about it. Its definitely all on topic. You should just skip it really.

Meller

Started playing RDR2 again after a few years, played it last on the PS4 and couldn't get into it. Loving it right now playing with a slower approach. The world is just incredible and stuff just seem to keep happening that just feels natural.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started playing RDR2 again after a few years, played it last on the PS4 and couldn't get into it. Loving it right now playing with a slower approach. The world is just incredible and stuff just seem to keep happening that just feels natural.
I also started playing it again but despite still being in awe of certain things and the world, I couldn't get properly into it. Maybe it's just because I've done it before or beause Rockstar games involve an incredible amount of talking but after doing some missions, riding around hunting, fecking about a bit I lost interest after a couple days.

b82REZ

I also started playing it again but despite still being in awe of certain things and the world, I couldn't get properly into it. Maybe it's just because I've done it before or beause Rockstar games involve an incredible amount of talking but after doing some missions, riding around hunting, fecking about a bit I lost interest after a couple days.
I did the same about a month ago.

Beautiful world and I can easily get lost exploring it all. But I had no urge to replay the story. My first play through had such a profound effect on me at the time as I'd just lost my dad so I didn't want to ruin that memory.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I did the same about a month ago.

Beautiful world and I can easily get lost exploring it all. But I had no urge to replay the story. My first play through had such a profound effect on me at the time as I'd just lost my dad so I didn't want to ruin that memory.
Have they patched 60fps yet?

RedDevilRoshi

Was going to download a couple of games from PS Plus just to tie me over till the new Spider-Man releases later this year (well hopefully). Does anyone know how you can find out when a particular game or two is going to be getting removed from the PS Plus library? Don’t want to download a game and then it ends up being removed before you’ve had the chance to finish it or even if you fancied - trying to platinum it.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why are there so many remakes with games these days? Last of Us, Spiderman, Witcher etc etc.
Because we now live in a society where the majority of people can’t even handle YouTube videos and need YouTube Shorts. And need full movie trailers to have mini trailers at the start of them. So a new idea is a risk now. Give everyone the same thing because you know they like it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah let’s make something once and never improve on it
Yes please if the only improvements are going to be slightly better graphics and a few quality of life updates. Or just offer it to people for £10 instead of charging them for a full game they already own.

Berbasbullet

Seriously guys, Chivalry 2 is a great game. Combat is great fun, you dont feel overly short changed when you die (looking at you COD), and it isn't taking itself too seriously.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seriously guys, Chivalry 2 is a great game. Combat is great fun, you dont feel overly short changed when you die (looking at you COD), and it isn't taking itself too seriously.
Whats the goal / progression though?

Berbasbullet

Whats the goal / progression though?
Kill shit innit!

Basically there are different classes archers, knights etc. You go up a general ranking and also ranking against the class you play as and unlock more weapons (crossbows, sledge hammers, etc).

You unlock currency that you can use to buy comestic stuff. It is pretty standard to be honest.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I enjoyed it a lot tbh, I get some of the criticisms and others I don't get... but none of them affected me. Great game

In other news, the £70 game RRP experiment is failing....

My feelings are. Yes, AAA games are more expensive to develop. But the market has never been bigger. Playing video games used to be a boys thing. Now everyone buys and plays video games and rake in higher profits than ever. Also it makes no sense that a game cost 30 pounds on PC but around 60 on the ps5. As usual its just people trying to change the status quo to make more money. They have never made more than they have in the last decade.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Kill shit innit!

Basically there are different classes archers, knights etc. You go up a general ranking and also ranking against the class you play as and unlock more weapons (crossbows, sledge hammers, etc).

You unlock currency that you can use to buy comestic stuff. It is pretty standard to be honest.
To be honest these games just aren’t for me.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
either played them or added them to my library. This will all be forgotten within a week. How is it much different to getting a limited time bonus on any other product. Their only error was probably not making it clear up front that it would go away at some point. It's been available nearly 3 years and it only is a negative to someone buying a PS5 now. Surely those who most wanted one have one already?

Baneofthegame

A guy from work told me about this last Thursday, going to pick it up when I get paid.

Baneofthegame

Anyone seen about how the new Metal Gear/Silent Hill/Castlevania games will be PlayStation exclusive?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"