Gaming PlayStation 5

Bosws87

They would be better off going down the Microsoft route and allowing you to stream games on to any device via the cloud rather then having to own the game physically or digitally then stream it from your personal playstation 5.

I’ve been considering getting a game pass subscription again just for the cloud gaming as I often use remote play on my iPad and connect my PS5 controller to it, while remote play is surprisingly solid it’s never gonna be as good as dedicated cloud servers.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Played Horizon Forbidden West for about 20 hours or so a few months back, then gave up on it. Very pretty game but, as with most of these open-world games, there's just too much of it. And the amount of dialogue was ridiculous. Combat was really fun though, and just exploring the world was cool, but there's just so much crammed in that it's overwhelming. And a lot of it is really not interesting at all.

A good example of where the phrase "less is more" should have been applied.

Tiber

I really enjoyed forbidden west. Im much more interested in the story about Enduring Victory and the old world falling apart than anything to do with the modern day survivors, and there was loads of that

Raw

Played Horizon Forbidden West for about 20 hours or so a few months back, then gave up on it. Very pretty game but, as with most of these open-world games, there's just too much of it. And the amount of dialogue was ridiculous. Combat was really fun though, and just exploring the world was cool, but there's just so much crammed in that it's overwhelming. And a lot of it is really not interesting at all.

A good example of where the phrase "less is more" should have been applied.
I completed it but agreed on those points. Don't like it when games shove shit loads of mechanics that you never actually need. I get that some people might have different play styles but the way they introduced stuff was so overwhelming, took a bit of time to just focus on what to do.

Also it seems like from reviews that Aloy still doesn't shut the hell up in this DLC.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I completed it but agreed on those points. Don't like it when games shove shit loads of mechanics that you never actually need. I get that some people might have different play styles but the way they introduced stuff was so overwhelming, took a bit of time to just focus on what to do.

Also it seems like from reviews that Aloy still doesn't shut the hell up in this DLC.
Yeah, a few games do this. They struggle to implement them in an elegant way. Also, the skill tree wasn't great, which is another thing games struggle with. Just trim it down, and make the upgrades worthwhile instead of cramming in more.

I didn't even bother with the melee skill tree, as it's useless in most instances unless your fighting humans. Which is the worst part of the game. Taking down the machines is still cool, and having a few ways of doing it is fun, but even that starts to get repetitive after a while.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah, a few games do this. They struggle to implement them in an elegant way. Also, the skill tree wasn't great, which is another thing games struggle with. Just trim it down, and make the upgrades worthwhile instead of cramming in more.

I didn't even bother with the melee skill tree, as it's useless in most instances unless your fighting humans. Which is the worst part of the game. Taking down the machines is still cool, and having a few ways of doing it is fun, but even that starts to get repetitive after a while.
I absolutely despise complex skill trees and they seem to be present in nearly all games nowadays, it’s just so unnecessary and spoils the experience greatly IMO.

Ainu

This is PS5 only? Considering how well their engine scales back to even a base PS4, I'm skeptical that this is for any real technical reason and not just to get people to upgrade to the current gen. I guess owners of the PS4 version at least get a free upgrade path to the PS5 version.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Aye, the human combat in horizon sucks a bit, machine combat is feckin great though.

Stunning visually. Will 100% get the DLC at some point.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
:lol: I saw what you said before the edit. Sony have been working with them since 2018 - guess we'll see a reveal of the game in the next Showcase.
:lol: I was struggling not to be sarcastic but also didn't want to seem like a total dick. The edit seemed like a good compromise.

I'm curious though, is this the same team they acquired previously? I vaguely remember them also buying another studio who haven't released anything yet - pretty sure their website said they were developing an online multiplayer title.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
:lol: I was struggling not to be sarcastic but also didn't want to seem like a total dick. The edit seemed like a good compromise.

I'm curious though, is this the same team they acquired previously? I vaguely remember them also buying another studio who haven't released anything yet - pretty sure their website said they were developing an online multiplayer title.
Different.

Firesprite, Haven and now Firewalk are three studios Sony have acquired yet to release anything but with how long they've been working on stuff I assume reveals are close for at least one.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That's it! I was just searching through the thread because I couldn't remember the name.

It's interesting actually because between Firewalk Studios, Haven and Bungie there seems to be a push towards online multiplayer games. I said something to Afro yesterday about it being kinda surprising Sony haven't really been involved in this area given the huge player-base they generally have. I also found this tweet from you about their acquisition of some e-sports organiser about a year ago so possibly there are big things planned.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That's it! I was just searching through the thread because I couldn't remember the name.

It's interesting actually because between Firewalk Studios, Haven and Bungie there seems to be a push towards online multiplayer games. I said something to Afro yesterday about it being kinda surprising Sony haven't really been involved in this area given the huge player-base they generally have. I also found this tweet from you about their acquisition of some e-sports organiser about a year ago so possibly there are big things planned.

They've also partnered with Deviation Games (ex CoD people). I imagine they'll be added too though there's some issue of leadership there with one of the founders leaving. Firewalk and Deviation seem to be more on the shooter side of things, Haven could be anything.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
They've also partnered with Deviation Games (ex CoD people). I imagine they'll be added too though there's some issue of leadership there with one of the founders leaving. Firewalk and Deviation seem to be more on the shooter side of things, Haven could be anything.
Good points. Speaking of Haven, I'm also somewhat curious to see what they do with Media Molecule. Dreams never really took off but it was an interesting project that revolved heavily around the online side of things.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I've worked for a company that had a website exactly like this "firewalkstudios" one.

So cringe, even back then. Now it's just hilariously bad and not a single talented developer with experience will be clicking on that careers link, I can tell you that for a fact :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I've worked for a company that had a website exactly like this "firewalkstudios" one.

So cringe, even back then. Now it's just hilariously bad and not a single talented developer with experience will be clicking on that careers link, I can tell you that for a fact :lol:
Bit of an aside but yeah, it does give the impression of being put together very quickly, which is probably true.

Redlambs

+1. I'm pretty snobby about this as a web content guy but I can't stand websites where all the content is on the landing page.
It's all bullshot speak and no actual information. Nothing about what they actually do, what they've done, what is coming, just full of visual sound bites in an incredibly awfully formatted state.

I guarantee the first "teaser" video is a highly contested walk through that is pre-rendered and not in the game engine. I've seen this way too many times for it not to be.

Redlambs

Yep it's a horrible habit. It's usually because I find a quicker way to get to my point.
Your reimagined point is weak though. But I get it, I'll edit my post if you want me too.

It's an awful site though, and it doesn't inspire me with any confidence. Like I say, no professional with experience will touch that with a barge pole. Though they'll have already been recruited, and that on the site is to pretend to show growth, so I guess the point is moot.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve got stick drift on the left analogue. Very irritating. Tried all the home methods to fix it like updating controller software, resetting, etc… but still just making me drift to the left in every game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I’ve got stick drift on the left analogue. Very irritating. Tried all the home methods to fix it like updating controller software, resetting, etc… but still just making me drift to the left in every game.
Buy new controller
Swap controllers out
Return controller for refund

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Buy new controller
Swap controllers out
Return controller for refund
Could work but I scratched the back of mine so I could tell which one was the 'good' controller. It is now no longer the good controller.

b82REZ

Could work but I scratched the back of mine so I could tell which one was the 'good' controller. It is now no longer the good controller.
It'll be fine.

I dropped one of mine when I first got the ps5 and the right trigger became really loose. I bought a new from a shop, put the broken one back in the box and returned it and said the trigger was like that when I opened it. Just say the same about the scratches.

They all get returned to Sony anyway, it just saves you waiting for weeks for your replacement.

RedDevilRoshi

I bought the Nathan Drake collection. Time to see if Uncharted 2 holds up!
I remember playing all 5 games through lockdown. All brilliant games 1-4, Uncharted 4 in particular was class. The Lost Legacy which is the final game in the instalment thought it was not bad but nowhere near as good as the previous 4. As just not the same without Nathan Drake & Sully

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I remember playing all 5 games through lockdown. All brilliant games 1-4, Uncharted 4 in particular was class. The Lost Legacy which is the final game in the instalment thought it was not bad but nowhere near as good as the previous 4. As just not the same without Nathan Drake & Sully
Yeah, I should say I've played 4 and LL and enjoyed them both. Bit worried that U2 will feel bad in comparison.