Gaming PlayStation 5

Leg-End

No need to wait anymore, get the prices out and let the marketing battle commence.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2020/09/08/what-does-the-ps5-bring-to-kena-bridge-of-spirits

First up, there’s the matter of load times. Sony has touted the speed of the PS5’s solid-state drive, and how it virtually eliminates long loads. In practice, we watched as Kena was launched from the PlayStation 5 system menu. It took about two seconds. That’s not resuming a suspended game, but launching the game fresh.

“They have a whole thing set up where you can do transition and it’s very nice, but frankly it doesn’t have time to play the animation. It just loads the game so fast,” says Josh Grier, chief operating officer at Ember Lab.
Won't be long before we see the UI.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why is there (games console created by Sony) in the thread title? No biggie but seems a little unnecessary :wenger:

Has it always been there?

Damien

Staff
Why is there (games console created by Sony) in the thread title? No biggie but seems a little unnecessary :wenger:

Has it always been there?
For a few months now. Elvis felt the title wasn't descriptive enough and wanted wording so we would know what kind of console it was and who it was made by. I agree it is a bit excessive, but you know our Elv.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
For a few months now. Elvis felt the title wasn't descriptive enough and wanted wording so we would know what kind of console it was and who it was made by. I agree it is a bit excessive, but you know our Elv.
These are smears and lies and I have will my vengeance, in this life or the next.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
So I recently purchased an LG OLED TV (LG OLED55CX5LB) as it scored highly on TVs compatible with the PS5, but im not entirely sure why as im not completely tech savy when it comes to 4k, UHD 4k, 8k, HDR10, HDR10+ ETC.

Is anyone able to advise me what PS5 to get to fully maximise my TVs spec? Like i know my TV won't be 8k, but i know there's something to do with frame rates and stuff. :lol:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So I recently purchased an LG OLED TV (LG OLED55CX5LB) as it scored highly on TVs compatible with the PS5, but im not entirely sure why as im not completely tech savy when it comes to 4k, UHD 4k, 8k, HDR10, HDR10+ ETC.

Is anyone able to advise me what PS5 to get to fully maximise my TVs spec? Like i know my TV won't be 8k, but i know there's something to do with frame rates and stuff. :lol:
The two PS5‘S are exactly the same other than the fact one has no disc drive, so either is fine.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

I’d advise you to get a disk version so you can watch 4K Blu rays which cost around 150 quid on their own for a decent one. Otherwise, you have the best gaming tv money can buy Imo.

Paxi

To maximise your tv you’re going to want a gaming PC with a new Nvidia 3000 series video card which will support gsync on your tv. Consoles can eat a dick.

fergieisold

could be to do with hdmi 2.1. 4K at 120fps.

I know nothing about gaming really but I just bought a new tv and this kind of stuff kept being mentioned :lol:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I’d advise you to get a disk version so you can watch 4K Blu rays which cost around 150 quid on their own for a decent one. Otherwise, you have the best gaming tv money can buy Imo.
Yeh that's very true.
To maximise your tv you’re going to want a gaming PC with a new Nvidia 3000 series video card which will support gsync on your tv. Consoles can eat a dick.
Can i link up a PS remote? Maybe ill try and find a way to buy both as i will want to play the PS exclusives with my mate's.
The two PS5‘S are exactly the same other than the fact one has no disc drive, so either is fine.
Ah okay, i thought i saw it mentioned somewhere one console would play games at a slightly better fps...whatever that means (frame rate per second?)

RedDevilRoshi

Apologies if this has already been confirmed but I presume there is no PS5 online event tomorrow night and all it’s just going to be is Sony releasing a statement/tweet etc on what the price for the two versions are going to be and what date it is going to be released on?

Paxi

Yeh that's very true.

Can i link up a PS remote? Maybe ill try and find a way to buy both as i will want to play the PS exclusives with my mate's.

Ah okay, i thought i saw it mentioned somewhere one console would play games at a slightly better fps...whatever that means (frame rate per second?)
Yeah you can connect a PS4 remote to PC.

Damien

Staff
Apologies if this has already been confirmed but I presume there is no PS5 online event tomorrow night and all it’s just going to be is Sony releasing a statement/tweet etc on what the price for the two versions are going to be and what date it is going to be released on?
There isn't going to be any PS5 news this week

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/07/ps-vr-spotlight-kicks-off-today/

Hey all. Over the next few days, we’re going to spotlight some upcoming games coming to PlayStation VR, including some announcements and updates for previously revealed PS VR titles.

It kicks off today at 3pm BST / 4pm CEST / 7am PST, and we’ll have further updates to share each day at the same time through to Friday.

And as mentioned, this is all about the games. So to manage expectations, there’ll be no PS5-related news.

RedDevilRoshi

Ahh right, cheers. Just that I saw online that Game had tweeted earlier today that we’d be hearing a price and release date tomorrow but wasn’t sure if it was going to be announced as part of an online event or just Sony releasing a statement/tweet to unveil the news we are all waiting for.

Guess we just have to wait and wait.... God knows, what’s going to happen first - Man Utd make a bid for Jadon Sancho or Sony unveil their price and release date for PS5?

Damien

Staff
Ahh right, cheers. Just that I saw online that Game had tweeted earlier today that we’d be hearing a price and release date tomorrow but wasn’t sure if it was going to be announced as part of an online event or just Sony releasing a statement/tweet to unveil the news we are all waiting for.

Guess we just have to wait and wait.... God knows, what’s going to happen first - Man Utd make a bid for Jadon Sancho or Sony unveil their price and release date for PS5?
Ah okay. Guess price must be out then

Bojan11

So @esmufc07 are your so called sources saying preorders today? Lucky for you that you got @horsechoker in the basement, he can sit and refresh Amazon page all day as he worships you.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is this the longest a price has been held back on a console?

Wasn't the same lateness with any other PlayStation, right?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Is this the longest a price has been held back on a console?

Wasn't the same lateness with any other PlayStation, right?
Don't think so, the longer it goes on the more I feel this is going to be fecking expensive :lol: But Sony increased production a month or so back so they're clearly confident that sales will be high.

Bojan11

20th does seem likely. They usually release accessories a few days earlier. But something is happening as Amazon Australia are busy listing games up. So retailers are planning. I just hope they give us a heads up like Apple do at what time preorders are starting.