Gaming PlayStation 5

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
How will digital games carry over to the PS5?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Will physical PS4 disks still work in the PS5 or is that just another thing we are still waiting for Sony to clarify?

AaronRedDevil

Will physical PS4 disks still work in the PS5 or is that just another thing we are still waiting for Sony to clarify?
Yeah the disc will carry over. As long as it's on the list of ps4 games that they allowed. Like Witcher 3 and the PS 4 Exclusives.

Ainu

Yeah the disc will carry over. As long as it's on the list of ps4 games that they allowed. Like Witcher 3 and the PS 4 Exclusives.
I doubt it's a list that they "allow". More like a list of games that were tested and didn't show any issues. I remember even back on the PS2 there were certain PS1 games that had known issues, I imagine it will be a similar situation this time around.

Bojan11

That’s the word from European gaming publication Gamereactor, which cites an anonymous source claiming that the PS5’s price was "considerably" more expensive — so much so that Sony may wind up cutting its pricing plans to match the Xbox.
If this report is accurate, that means the PS5 could also go for $499, while a digital version without a disc drive might cost $100 less.

Sony hasn’t announced price and release dates for the PS5, nor did it post any public reaction to Microsoft’s big announcement. So this could wind up being idle speculation.
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-price-may-be-changing-and-well-have-the-xbox-series-x-to-thank

Take with a pinch of salt as the source is questionable.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
@esmufc07 thats 9pm UK time.

How come you have to pay extra?
Import duty is quite high on products not made in India. Series S is 35k which is roughly 476$. We don't even make as much as Europeans and Americans and we have to pay higher amount. Makes me angry

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Exciting! I assume it's a full reveal and not just price? Hopefully see the new OS/back of the console/price/release date.
Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Bojan11

Exciting! I assume it's a full reveal and not just price? Hopefully see the new OS/back of the console/price/release date.
It’s only 40 minutes long. I don’t think they’d show much of the OS as a lot of that stuff bores casuals. They’d probably show that off on the blog or YouTube video.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Full reveal I guess. UI and gameplay demos also.

With Kena being pushed to 2021, I think Sony was waiting to find out which games would be available for launch.

Waiting for some Miles action :drool:

Bojan11

Import duty is quite high on products not made in India. Series S is 35k which is roughly 476$. We don't even make as much as Europeans and Americans and we have to pay higher amount. Makes me angry
Same in Brazil and Australia according to resetera @DixieDean

PS4 launched in Brazil at nearly $2000. Its one of the reasons Xbox does well there. The price you got for a S is how much nearly a X would cost here. How much is the X over there?

Will it change once more companies start making stuff in India? There’s quite a few that are moving away from China to India.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anything over £500 and I think it’ll be met with negativity.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The two models will cost £449 and £499. I would be really surprised if it's less, and especially so if it's higher. I think $499 is the max you can ask for without blow back.

Tiber

Just realised that it's black! Thank feck for that. Didn't want a white one

Tiber

I don't think there will be a black model at launch.
The tweet and website link both show a black one.

Id still get a white one if that's the only choice, but would prefer to avoid it

Edit: Ew maybe I'm being thick and it's just the middle bit that's black +shadows in the rest.

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Both. You?
Series X because I just bought an elite controller and I want to use it. This time I will also get PS5 (skipped 4). I'm not sure if I can afford one at launch, though. Plus, I don't think I'm missing much in those first 6 months to 1 year.

I really don't want to buy the all digital one, either. I hate UK digital prices.

Bojan11

Series X because I just bought an elite controller and I want to use it. This time I will also get PS5 (skipped 4). I'm not sure if I can afford one at launch, though. Plus, I don't think I'm missing much in those first 6 months to 1 year.

I really don't want to buy the all digital one, either. I hate UK digital prices.
Don’t let Scampi hear that you skipped PS4. PS5 will probably have the same sort of monthly option that Xbox does. GAME do some monthly plans for PS4, but it’s not something backed by Sony. It’s something they do on their own. ShopTo always sending me emails saying buy stuff and pay monthly for four months.

Would be surprising in this current climate if Sony don’t offer some sort of monthly plan for the console.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I doubt it's a list that they "allow". More like a list of games that were tested and didn't show any issues. I remember even back on the PS2 there were certain PS1 games that had known issues, I imagine it will be a similar situation this time around.
I think it will be an "allow" list but at this time, we just don't know.

Sony haven't said. Anything else is speculation

Ainu

The tweet and website link both show a black one.

Id still get a white one if that's the only choice, but would prefer to avoid it

Edit: Ew maybe I'm being thick and it's just the middle bit that's black +shadows in the rest.
At the end of that tweet it's clearly the white console and controller, it's just the lighting that's dark.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Don’t let Scampi hear that you skipped PS4. PS5 will probably have the same sort of monthly option that Xbox does. GAME do some monthly plans for PS4, but it’s not something backed by Sony. It’s something they do on their own. ShopTo always sending me emails saying buy stuff and pay monthly for four months.

Would be surprising in this current climate if Sony don’t offer some sort of monthly plan for the console.
I would not get a payment plan. I hate being in debt. I'll probably just say feck it and get one at launch. I want to use my Xbox for 3rd parties, though, so I'm not going to have much to play. The only PS game that I want to play is God Of War. Don't care about the rest, much. Maybe GOW will get a PS55 patch soon??