Gaming PlayStation 5

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You were in charge! I was just following orders mate. I'm up for another sesh this week

What you saying @Brocky @Damien ?

I think I fecked up on Helldivers last night in our last game :lol: I just keep upping the difficulty so we kept getting splatted. Think I should have left it on easy or medium, may have been playing on hard. Need to get some better weapons and stuff.

Calling those things in is fecking difficult, you're always getting absolutely swarmed while trying to call anything in :lol:

It feels quite clunky I feel, the movement is a bit weird, and there's no real dodge / roll.

Controls seem a bit meh too, not a fan of how to throw the grenade for example.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Another game that fails to get the absolute basics right: The Quarry. Once you get past the night time prologue, you get hit with the most nauseating, disgusting motion blur I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, you need to see this abomination in motion on your own screen to believe it. And of course there's no option to turn it off.

How does stuff like this happen? How does something this bad get through QA, and how does a 2022 game not have an motion blur toggle? I just don't get it.
I played that and had zero issue.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Can't lie I killed both of you way too many times but that lightening gun is cool AF!
Yeah I was wondering wtf that was at first, like a mobile Tesla coil. Still confusing me what to do and what order things should be done in but blasting alien things is good enough for now

Hal9000

Me and @Wedge are usually squadding up on HellDivers, we usually only have 2 of us though if anyone wants to join?

Coxy

Tempted to jump in with helldivers - is anyone playing with just randoms - is it fun?

Or do you need friends to really make a go with it…

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Tempted to jump in with helldivers - is anyone playing with just randoms - is it fun?

Or do you need friends to really make a go with it…
I jumped in for an hour last night with randoms, they were sound, we stayed together for about 5-6 missions in the end. Not great communicators as they didn't use their mics much but it's pretty straightforward.

The caf lads will join you anyway

Irwin99

This gen has been a little disappointing. It's had some very good games but it hasn't wowed me the same way the PS4 did and the generational leap we've come to expect with each console hasn't really been that noticeable in graphics (for me at least).

Other than Dragon's Dogma 2 the three biggest games i'm looking forward to this year are all remakes (Silent Hill 2, MGS3 and FF7 rebirth).

Balljy

This gen has been a little disappointing. It's had some very good games but it hasn't wowed me the same way the PS4 did and the generational leap we've come to expect with each console hasn't really been that noticeable in graphics (for me at least).

Other than Dragon's Dogma 2 the three biggest games i'm looking forward to this year are all remakes (Silent Hill 2, MGS3 and FF7 rebirth).
It honestly feels like it hasn't really got going yet. I think that's due to how long it takes to make games nowadays as much as anything though, so I expect that the last few years of the PS5 will be pretty good. There's a fair few studios within Sony who are pretty quiet so there must be some good unannounced games coming next year onwards.

hobbers

the three biggest games i'm looking forward to this year are all remakes (Silent Hill 2, MGS3 and FF7 rebirth).
Says it all really. AAA game developers all tied up making endless remakes of safe classics.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jesus I dunno what everyone else was expecting. I’ve used my ps5 the last 3 years far more than I’d used my ps4 in its first 3 years.

probably helps that dual sense is so great that it actively steers me to play games on it that I sometimes would’ve just played on pc instead.

Irwin99

Jesus I dunno what everyone else was expecting. I’ve used my ps5 the last 3 years far more than I’d used my ps4 in its first 3 years.

probably helps that dual sense is so great that it actively steers me to play games on it that I sometimes would’ve just played on pc instead.
It might actually be a case of diminishing returns in terms of graphics, which is completely natural and its hard to make bad looking games nowadays, but i still think this gen is struggling with some of its selling points such as 60FPS. I think there was a rumor that Dragon's Dogma can only hit a stable 30 FPS. FF XVI struggled to hit 60 outside of combat.

Says it all really. AAA game developers all tied up making endless remakes of safe classics.
I'm actually playing Tomb Raider remastered collection in all its janky and frustrating glory :drool:. Hope Capcom re-releases its old PS1 RE games one day.

caid

It might actually be a case of diminishing returns in terms of graphics, which is completely natural and its hard to make bad looking games nowadays, but i still think this gen is struggling with some of its selling points such as 60FPS. I think there was a rumor that Dragon's Dogma can only hit a stable 30 FPS. FF XVI struggled to hit 60 outside of combat.

I'm actually playing Tomb Raider remastered collection in all its janky and frustrating glory :drool:. Hope Capcom re-releases its old PS1 RE games one day.
I'm not sure theres a fundamental difference in graphics between the ps3 and the ps5. Last of Us 1 was probably a good prototype for most of today's games and they're still hitting similar roadblocks in terms of scope. The 360 managed big open worlds with Skyrim and GTA 4 (didn't GTA 5 get released on them consoles?). Theres more pixels, theres more particle effects but it hasn't changed games or let developers really do something new.
I'm just more interested in indie games in general now to be honest. I think Hades 2, 33 Immortals, Towerborne and a few others are the games im most looking forward to this year. They could probably run on any old shit. Oh and Elden Ring dlc - whose base game ran better when you installed the ps4 version, i guess they fixed that?

Superunknown

It's a weird situation where I'm using my PS5 loads, but I've not actually played that many PS5-only games. There's lots of cross-gen stuff, plus the stuff from the games catalogue. I'm not sure if it actually matters all that much because I'm still playing on the console a lot, but I do feel like I'm still waiting for the PS5-only stuff to get going. I've not really been paying that much attention as to what's on the horizon either.

In lots of ways, it feels more like PS4.5 to me than it does a true new/next generation.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's a weird situation where I'm using my PS5 loads, but I've not actually played that many PS5-only games. There's lots of cross-gen stuff, plus the stuff from the games catalogue. I'm not sure if it actually matters all that much because I'm still playing on the console a lot, but I do feel like I'm still waiting for the PS5-only stuff to get going. I've not really been paying that much attention as to what's on the horizon either.

In lots of ways, it feels more like PS4.5 to me than it does a true new/next generation.
I feel the same regarding playing PS4 remakes or remakes of other games but I've been loving this console regardless of that fact.

I'm not sure if it's my opinion to gaming now or the PS5 but I would never trophy hunt on the PS4 whereas now I love it.

Irwin99

That's actually a really good way of putting it and how I feel. Not necessarily a bad thing just not a huge jump.

To add to what you said before about PS4 games, I still haven't played Sekiro but i've heard it runs at 60 FPS on the PS5 and looks sharper so that's another old game that i should really play soon. Dragon's Dogma 2 is literally the only game on the horizon for me this year that isn't an old game, a remaster or a remake.

pacifictheme

That's actually a really good way of putting it and how I feel. Not necessarily a bad thing just not a huge jump.

To add to what you said before about PS4 games, I still haven't played Sekiro but i've heard it runs at 60 FPS on the PS5 and looks sharper so that's another old game that i should really play soon. Dragon's Dogma 2 is literally the only game on the horizon for me this year that isn't an old game, a remaster or a remake.
Rise of the ronin? Should suit you if you like sekiro.

Irwin99

Rise of the ronin? Should suit you if you like sekiro.
I'll keep an eye on that one but i thought it looked more of a Ghost of Tsushima type game. Weird that we've not heard of anything regarding GoT 2 considering it's massive success.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Hits the nail on the head. The dual sense is for me the best addition to gaming over these past 4 or so years. Honestly going back to shooters without the adaptive triggers seems archaic now - Cyberpunk which I’m obviously nuts about wouldn’t be the same without the controller. Games like Sackboy or even Kena which are about the sensory / joyous expeience are also elevated hugely by the controller.

As for exclusives they’ve seem to have been good in terms of quality although I have to play
- Sackboy
- Astro (please give us a full game I’ve heard there’s another colony)
- Returnal (on my todo)
- Horizon (on my todo)
- GoWR (currently playing - absolutely incredible)
- GT7 (seems to be great, on my todo)
- Spidey 2 (again seems to be great, on my todo)
- Rachet (brilliant)

I think it’s more this coming year being lean and the announcements we have that’s getting some people down. But we have to recall that the PS4 really ramped things up in its last few years so we may see the next games from Sucker Punch, ND, Sony SM etc by 2026 (next three or so years).

Last edited:

pacifictheme

I'll keep an eye on that one but i thought it looked more of a Ghost of Tsushima type game. Weird that we've not heard of anything regarding GoT 2 considering it's massive success.
It's by team ninja so I would expect combat like nioh. I have high hopes for it

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Kinda wanted to get onto Helldivers, wanted to blow shit up ffs.

Login limit reached :rolleyes:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
After Helldivers 2 doing well, seems this one is very good too. One I was really looking forward to and Skill up seems to love it (I skimmed through it). He drew a small comparison to Outer Wilds which is enough for me to play any game. Also says it’s up there with Subnautica (not quite as good) and that was one of the games of the last gen for me

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
For all its flaws, I really enjoyed The Callisto Protocol .... but then they hit you with that awful ending*

*The actual ending is paid DLC :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Feels weird to post here.

Today we are announcing that four fan-favorite Xbox games will be coming to Nintendo Switch and Sony platforms this spring. The studios that built these celebrated games have drawn on their multi-platform experience to open the worlds they created to even more players and communities.
  • Pentiment from Obsidian Entertainment, a truly unique, critically acclaimed, and award-winning narrative adventure game with a striking visual style inspired by history itself will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch on February 22.
  • Hi-Fi RUSH, the award-winning and beloved rhythm-based action game where the world syncs to the music from Tango Gameworks/Bethesda Softworks will be coming to PlayStation 5 on March 19 at midnight UTC, with pre-purchase available on PlayStation 5 digital storefronts on February 21.
  • Grounded – also from Obsidian Entertainment – a co-op survival adventure phenomenon that has welcomed 20 million players into the backyard, will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch on April 16. Cross play will be supported across Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC.
  • Sea of Thieves, the shared world adventure game from Rare, will be coming to PlayStation 5 on April 30 – and will be available to wishlist by PlayStation 5 players starting tomorrow, February 22. Having built a passionate community of more than 35 million players from around the world, the support of cross play for Xbox, PlayStation and PC will allow players to experience epic pirate adventures with friends on more platforms.

Ainu

Damn these are arriving sooner than expected even, Pentiment tomorrow already. One for the wishlist, together with Hi-Fi Rush.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff