Gaming PlayStation Plus

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yep agree with that - it almost feels as though they are hoping people will eventually forget about it!
They're probably hoping that everyone's going to buy the full version anyway. I pre-ordered it and I'm happy with the game but it's absurd that if I hadn't done that I would still be unable to play.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Injustice is a pretty decent fighter, I picked it up when it was just 7 quid on the PS Store. Good storyline similar to the Mortal Kombat 9 style single player which was great.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Don't like driving/racing games (I used to, not sure why I've grown to dislike them...) so the Driveclub stuff doesn't bother me. Happy with the line-up for the next few months. Definitely getting Injustice and First Light.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Can anyone help me with this... I swear I've tried to figure this out a million times but I still don't fully understand!

My and my brother have both got a PS3 and a PS4, each.

Previously, when I bought DLC, he bought it too so we could play together. Did he actually have to do that? Or could we have shared DLC and both used it online at the same time together?

What about when I buy one set of DLC (say, one set of COD maps) and he buys another set of DLC (say, another set of COD maps), bought on different accounts. Could we combine them so we can both play on both sets of COD maps?

What about when it's not DLC, but the full game? I bought Ratchet and Clank PS2/3 collection on his account. Can we both play them all at the same time?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think if you have got the accounts on the same console, if you buy DLC and stuff on the 'master account', the secondary account'll be able to use it as well.

rcoobc

I think if you have got the accounts on the same console, if you buy DLC and stuff on the 'master account', the secondary account'll be able to use it as well.
So there is actually a big benefit to buying on the store, in that multiple people can use it at once. (Something they cant do on Steam)...

Interesting!

Cina

I've used the trick of buying stuff using a US account and then still being able to play it on my main EU account. Works a treat.

Cina

wait, tell me more
Basically you create a US account, go on to amazon.com, buy PS Store credit from there, top up the account to whatever you need for the game, and buy it, then download it. Once it's on the PS4 just switch to your EU account and you still have it.

The trickiest part is creating an amazon.com acc with your credit card, but just find a random US Zip Code and you'll be fine.

Leg-End

So there is actually a big benefit to buying on the store, in that multiple people can use it at once. (Something they cant do on Steam)...

Interesting!
You can do it. I'll try explain how to set it up.

Obviously you already have your account on your PS4 so what you have to do is set your brothers PS4 as your primary (you will need to deactivate your own PS4 as primary first). So login your account on his PS4 then activate as primary, so now the difference is on your own PS4 you need to always be logged in to get access to anything account purchased (disc based will still play offline but dlc won't be available) but your game library/dlc and PS+ is shared to any user on your primary activated console.

Just remember to deactivate it first if your brother ever sells it or it goes wrong.

rcoobc

You can do it. I'll try explain how to set it up.

Obviously you already have your account on your PS4 so what you have to do is set your brothers PS4 as your primary (you will need to deactivate your own PS4 as primary first). So login your account on his PS4 then activate as primary, so now the difference is on your own PS4 you need to always be logged in to get access to anything account purchased (disc based will still play offline but dlc won't be available) but your game library/dlc and PS+ is shared to any user on your primary activated console.

Just remember to deactivate it first if your brother ever sells it or it goes wrong.
Thanks. I cant believe I didn't just share my Playstation Account with my friends in the past.

What about PS3's. There is no such thing as a primary PS3 is there? And you have 3 consoles you can share content with, not 2?

Leg-End

Thanks. I cant believe I didn't just share my Playstation Account with my friends in the past.

What about PS3's. There is no such thing as a primary PS3 is there? And you have 3 consoles you can share content with, not 2?
Not sure how it works on the PS3.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Yep. Works great on both consoles. Only real downside is not being able to play games offline.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
DriveClub PS+ edition out apparently.

Worth a try for free. I bought the full game for £12. It's probably worth that. Personally I think it's incredibly average though past the graphics. I don't like the driving mechanics at all, the handling feels way off to me and I like both arcade, sims and mixes of both.

A few on here seem to love it so don't take my word on it. Just my personal opinion. Doesn't help Id spent so much time playing MK8 and Horizon 2 in the last year which are both genuinely great racing games.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Just as soon as my PS Plus ran out.., very shitty how they announced the PS Plus edition over a year ago which led people like me to buy the service and it didn't even come out in time for me to play it.

Anyone know how long its up for?

JmRssll555

Worth a try for free. I bought the full game for £12. It's probably worth that. Personally I think it's incredibly average though past the graphics. I don't like the driving mechanics at all, the handling feels way off to me and I like both arcade, sims and mixes of both.

A few on here seem to love it so don't take my word on it. Just my personal opinion. Doesn't help Id spent so much time playing MK8 and Horizon 2 in the last year which are both genuinely great racing games.
Is it on the UK Store? I can't see it for free, only the £19.99 version?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I think its been removed now, must have been put up accidentally. lol driveclub and sony..can they do anything right

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora

Leg-End

The game is cursed I tell thee. Unless its coming in the store update tomorrow.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
It keeps telling me I'm not eligible to make this purchase. Anyone else having this issue?
I am on my work pc.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It keeps telling me I'm not eligible to make this purchase. Anyone else having this issue?
I am on my work pc.
This is happening to me now. Says I can't buy it because I'm already a member of PS Plus...feck u sony

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Ok managed to get it on the web store. Apparently its offline only! What they couldn't have done that a year ago?!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Its downloaded 1gb in 4 hours. Says 4 hours left to get to 2.7gb. It's never been this slow before. Usually 2.5gb would take 20mins

what are they doing with all that ps plus money?! I regret resubscribing today...should have just bought a game with that money.

Last edited:

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Ok managed to get it on the web store. Apparently its offline only! What they couldn't have done that a year ago?!
"Also starting Thursday, we will be rolling out online access to the DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition and will steadily bring more and more players online while continuously ensuring that all game systems are running smoothly.

We know that this might be frustrating after your extra wait already, but hope you can understand that we are taking extra precautions to protect your experience when you do get online. We want to make sure we don’t overload the servers as we invite millions of PS Plus members to download the game tomorrow."