Gaming PlayStation Plus

El General 1994

Go for it. The difficulty is just there to test your spirit. Once you have adjusted to that kind of game you'll have tons upon tons of hours to play in different games. Most who persists has that *click* at some point where they just get soulsborne.
Absolutely agree with the above. In ability terms I'm below average at games, but during the 2nd level...it clicked!

vanthaman

Winner
Have been thinking of getting bloodborne but I have been put off by all the talk about its difficulty. Would love to try this now.
It’s a game where you basically need to die a lot to progress. You’ll love it eventually

GBBQ

Have been thinking of getting bloodborne but I have been put off by all the talk about its difficulty. Would love to try this now.
Give it time, prepare to die a lot. I hadn't played any of the souls games before so its a bit of a shock to the system how unforgiving it is first time round. But you'll level up, get a decent rhythm in your attacks and parries and you'll start moving much quicker through later parts. Definitely worth the patience and effort.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Anybody else thought Bloodborne isnt as hard as most people say it is?
I don't find it that difficult, a few bosses/enemies apart.
But at that point I had played DS & DS2, so had some experience and knew what I was going into.

"Your first souls game is usually the hardest" rings true in my head.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

They're difficult games and they make you suffer but this is IMO one of the greatest series ever made. The combat us brilliant, the world's are detailed and the entire structure of games ensure that every action, every moment has such a weight to it.

In most games I can go from point A to F in an hour and I'll have covered more. In the same time I'll only reach point B in the Souls borne series, but I'll have enjoy the experience and satisfaction thereafter more.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Anybody else thought Bloodborne isnt as hard as most people say it is?
like other Souls games it's not hard as much as it is trial and error. You will obviously die a lot, but mostly because you need to figure out how to proceed, or how to tackle on enemy / boss.
Something like Super Meat Boy or Battle Toads on the game boy are genuinely hard. Infuriatingly so, I might add.

Or Dragon Force on Guitar Hero 3 :p

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don't find it that difficult, a few bosses/enemies apart.
But at that point I had played DS & DS2, so had some experience and knew what I was going into.

"Your first souls game is usually the hardest" rings true in my head.
It was my first and apart from 2 bosses I found it mostly easy.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This leads me to the question, what's the hardest game you've ever played?

For me it's definitely the above mentioned Battle Toads on the gameboy.

For something more recent, probably Devil May Cry 3 on the higher difficulty levels. Current get I can't think of any to be honest. I suppose Doom on ultra nightmare or something?

Ainu

For something more recent, probably Devil May Cry 3 on the higher difficulty levels. Current get I can't think of any to be honest. I suppose Doom on ultra nightmare or something?
For me it's probably Super Hexagon on its final difficulty Hyper Hexagonest. I think I did over 15 hours of relentless attempts all in all (not in one go obviously!), just to survive a single minute. Looking back, I don't even understand how I ever pulled it off. All I remember is the pain of repeated failed attempts at 59.xx seconds and then the sense of relief once I finally nailed it. Never again.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

DmC 1 & 3 (didn't play 2 or the latter ones) were more hack-and-slash like than proper hard I think.
Honestly think the soulsborne series and it's likes are the hardest I've played in recent time. I only think the difficulty is overstated because it's talked about as a impossible game when it's really just a try-fail-learn game. You aren't meant to understand from the get-go what to do and how to do it, so it's difficulty comes more from how different it is compared to other games of this era, in my opinion.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
DmC 1 & 3 (didn't play 2 or the latter ones) were more hack-and-slash like than proper hard I think.
Honestly think the soulsborne series and it's likes are the hardest I've played in recent time. I only think the difficulty is overstated because it's talked about as a impossible game when it's really just a try-fail-learn game. You aren't meant to understand from the get-go what to do and how to do it, so it's difficulty comes more from how different it is compared to other games of this era, in my opinion.
Yep, that's it exactly. Pulling of all trials in Street Fighter 4 for instance is physically hard. Beating Bloodbourne is simply learning from your mistakes. Though even then you will still die a lot. Really hope they will make more installments, because I love the series.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Some of the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne can be brutal; i don't care what anybody says. The defiled chalice dungeon really tests your resolve.

As for the base game, it's difficult in spots. A few bosses are a pain in the arse but you've just got to persevere.

Stoked to play Ratchet and Clank though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Super Meat Boy can be pretty brutal. Don't help that I'm no good at platforming games, mind you.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Bioshock collection/Sims 4 and Firewall Zero Hour this month which isn’t bad.

Tempted to dust my PSVR off and give Firewall a go at some point this week.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Nice. Been thinking about buying Shadow of the Colossus for ages. Never played it.

amolbhatia50k

Nice ! Sonic forces is probably rubbish but SOTC is one of greatest greatest. Played it back in the day and adored it. Looking forward to playing again after so long. Brilliant game.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Cool, I've also always wanted to play SOTC but never got round to it, I even bought the first remaster on PS3 and just never got round to playing it.

I suppose Sonic might be a good one to play with my nephew & I can laugh at how shit it is whilst he will probably enjoy it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Excellent lineup. As I have loads of time on my hands now I’ve had a look at my download list from previous months, plenty of good games.

They also have good sales going on PS Store now. I picked up Days Gone, Shadow of Tomb Raider, Control, God of War and Project Cars 2. I’m well prepared for next few months.

AaronRedDevil

Bit of a shitty month for me. Already played U4 and the xbox isn't much better. I've played too many damn games

Ainu

I would be all over Dirt Rally 2.0 if it supported PSVR. I play the first one in VR and it was brilliant, the best driving game experience I've ever had. Problem is I just can't go back to flat screen driving.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Shadow of the Colossus was a great shout because it had been years since I played it but every other month including this one have always got games I’ve played not too long ago.

Minkaro

This is where not being a huge gamer benefits me. It’s just Boomerang rentals and the free PS Plus games for me. Bioshock Collection was new to me, and I’ve never played SotC or Uncharted 4. Sonic Forces is proving to be a decent time killer. Don’t care about racing games.

Somehow I managed to get the Uncharted collection from Boomerang the month before it was a Psplus thing, so that was annoying.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This is where not being a huge gamer benefits me. It’s just Boomerang rentals and the free PS Plus games for me. Bioshock Collection was new to me, and I’ve never played SotC or Uncharted 4. Sonic Forces is proving to be a decent time killer.
Same bar the Boomerang rentals. FFVIIR will be the first game I've bought for a while. Will likely go into GTA VI day one when that eventually comes out as well, but for everything else I'm fine going through my backlog - four Uncharted games, two Borderlands games, three BioShock games, God of War III, Shadow of the Colossus, The Last of Us and so much more through PS+ alone. Then there's a bunch of games for the PS3 I can eventually play as well when everything else is exhausted if I can be bothered to hook up the console.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've played Uncharted 1-3 but never played 4 so works out well for me. Not sure about Dirt Rally 2.0. I played Dirt Rally 4 a while back and that was fun, but I think Rally 2.0 is supposed to be more hardcore and sim than that game. If so, probably not going to like it.

amolbhatia50k

Trashy line up of free games. They've wasted two months Uncharted FFS

RedDevilRoshi

Is the Uncharted series any good? Seen a deal online for Uncharted 1, 2, 3, 4 & The Lost Legacy. £15.

Shark

@NotShark
Excellent lineup. As I have loads of time on my hands now I’ve had a look at my download list from previous months, plenty of good games.

They also have good sales going on PS Store now. I picked up Days Gone, Shadow of Tomb Raider, Control, God of War and Project Cars 2. I’m well prepared for next few months.
Picked up Days Gone also, apparently it’s been patched really good since the rocky launch bug wise. Think that’s why it got a few bad reviews.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Picked up Days Gone also, apparently it’s been patched really good since the rocky launch bug wise. Think that’s why it got a few bad reviews.
From what I recall story and mechanics were largely praised, criticism was for technical issues. It has over 8 score from players on Metacritic so it’s probably very good. I’ve started it today and first hour is promising but I’m back to finish RDR2 before I get down to this. Also have a ton of Switch and some Xbox games to play.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I enjoyed Days Gone for the first 20-25 hours and couldn't understand the bad reviews. Then i realized i was barely half way through and just doing the same stuff over and over and over and over again and now I'm getting very bored.