Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

Spoony

The People's President
Is VR worth it? I've bought a Ps5 for my son... I wonder if this PSVR2 is a must have. (not for me, obviously).

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
6-8hrs is fine, at 70 quid it's steep but I rarely buy games at full price. Looks great though...

Ainu

The length is fine, especially for a VR game, it's just priced wrong - something that's becoming a trend with Sony these days. A 6-7 hour VR title should launch at €39.99, simple as that.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
What’s the psvr like compared to oculus?
I've got both. Oculus wins hands down for me as it's far easier to use with a much easier set up.

I still love Wipeout on the PSVR though if that had come out on Oculus I'd have sold the other one.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What’s the psvr like compared to oculus?
PSVR2
Tethered (has a single USB C cable.
Using PS5 so better graphics and larger worlds.
4k.
HDR.
Eye tracking.
Finger tracking.
Haptics.
Comfortable and can be worn with glasses.

Quest 2
Wireless
Mobile chip in a standalone so mobile graphics and smaller worlds.
Hand tracking.
Convenience.
Can be hooked up to a PC if you have one.
A bit like a ski mask and uncomfortable for some apparently, YMMV.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Are the games really making use of the VR tech? A mate had the headset for a PS4 but the games were very gimmicky and it didn't seem worth it to me, has it move on since?

Smores

This is one of those treats i'd love to waste money on but just can't justify it.

There's obviously potential there but the volume of games isn't sufficient. The odd converted AAA game which doesn't make best use of the tech and device specific games which don't have the budget. It'd be liking buying an Xbox.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Looks mint. I’m a bit short sighted. Need glasses for far away stuff like watching telly or driving. Do you need to wear glasses for this, even though the screen is right beside your eyes?
I suppose it depends on how Mr Magoo you are but I don't usually need my glasses when playing on the VR but I only use light reading specs.