Pochettino | Leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Man United finished 3rd last season under their current manager was riddled with injuries this season. Pochettino never looked like a good fit for a club that are seeking instant success.
But we AREN’T supposed to be a club seeking instant success: hence why a bulk of our money was spent on future potential. They sold people on a seven year plan, not seven oddly different one year plans

Teja

Goes to show you that simply winning erases everything in the viewers eyes. Everyone going on about the last 5 games but we were pretty lucky vs Forest away and lucky on the weekend, had we lost either of those games no one here would be shocked by this.
I feel the opposite honestly. The Chelsea data looks pretty good this season - the results haven't been up to scruff due to some bad luck.

Matt007a

Seems like he was just starting to turn them around as well. I thought they’d keep him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It’s a fecking madhouse out there. He was really bringing some cohesion to that ugly salad of a squad together since January.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That has to be the case. Otherwise this is a shocking decision.
Yes they must or should have.
Their form over the last part of the season was good going up from 11th to 6th.
My grandson is a Chelsea fan and he is in shock like someone else has said.

quadrant

Its hard to see who they could bring in that would be significantly more likely to succeed than Poch next season.

always_hoping

But we AREN’T supposed to be a club seeking instant success: hence why a bulk of our money was spent on future potential. They sold people on a seven year plan, not seven oddly different one year plans
Champions league football for next season would have been the minimal target of "success" hence why Poch got his hand shake and Todd Boehly in now seeking what he believes will be upgrade/replacement.

AndyMUFC

If you look at how they played all season, it's madness. Played great football for the most part and was just young players lacking composure in front of goal until it clicked in the last few games.

If we played like Chelsea did this season and had still finished 8th I'd be more inclined to keep Ten Hag. The way we play is the bigger problem because it's not sustainable.

I'd be excited to see what he could do with our young squad.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

You can't finish 6th after our $1bn transfer spending, bottle a cup final v Liverpool B and be surprised to get axed.

Injuries or other excuses won't cut it with our owners.
I would have been shell shocked if Chelsea finished in the top four this season.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Are we sure there is any strategy?

Boehly seems like a complete moron, when it comes to football.

Adz_99

I'm absolutely shocked by the one. Their form in the last part of the season had been very good. It's the first time in years they've not been laughing stocks and NOW they pull the trigger?

How bizarre.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Part of the reason for him leaving Chelsea was the fact they took away his say in the clubs transfer business for both sales and purchases so I doubt he'll come here as it sounds like INEOS want to fully control transfers so he'd be in the exact same situation.
I think that would end terribly as well, but it could happen.

Kinda expect you to end up with Southgate.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That's probably true of Poch.

But I see little reason to believe that De Zerbi is capable of crafting a title contending side. He plays some pretty stuff but he is very unpragmatic and idealistic and to compete for the title these days you need machine-like consistency and efficiency.

"Another level" with De Zerbi is more likely to be lower-mid-table than title contention.
Wishful thinking.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Are we sure there is any strategy?

Boehly seems like a complete moron, when it comes to football.
1. Boehly isn’t in charge.

2. yes, I know there is a plan because it is very similar to the 7 year plan they had for the Dodgers … BUT … Boehly was the primary decision maker there. They only switched managers once in their building period.

The plan relies on stability; especially for talent development. Now, maybe they are hoping that stability comes from internal structure? Idk. It may have something to do with the fact that where you finish determines what you can spend. But they need to learn to live with that, or this won’t work.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Glad they're doing this. Would be ridiculous to ignore an entire season's worth of incompetence on the basis of 5 matches at the end of the year (2 of which were barely won).

Reportedly Poch's fitness schedule had our players training with the most intensity the day before matches - if true then he's even dumber than I thought and is absolutely complicit in our unprecedented injury list. Beyond that, the fact that our colossal game-changing tactical tweak was literally just doing what Pep did a decade ago with Lahm when forced by injuries is ridiculous. I for one would welcome a manager who is aware of the fact that you can have more than 2 players in midfield at the same time.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Here goes the pochettino rumours to us then… so many top clubs after new managers this summer.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Florentino Perez was like this once. Thank god he matured.

What a bizar decision.