Pochettino | Leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So you like short term happiness, which seems to be the way with him.
In this specific circumstance I say yes. Tuchel wouldn’t last long most likely but as I said, I think we’re close to being a proper team. A world class manager like him for the next 2 years or so could work well. Most of the tools are already here which weren’t when he left.

always_hoping

Surprised he lasted as long as he did when you consider other managers didn't get last as long under that owner. He might stumble on to a decent manager now that makes Chelsea a top 4 again from next season. let's be honest they weren't going to be that by keeping Poch

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I watched fair few of Chelsea game and they were unlucky with few of their results and had found bit of consistency and luck at the end of the season. This decision is bit weird

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Poch is a decent manager, but I feel like a top 4 is his ceiling no matter how much they spend.

De Zerbi could take them to another level and be in title contention.
That's probably true of Poch.

But I see little reason to believe that De Zerbi is capable of crafting a title contending side. He plays some pretty stuff but he is very unpragmatic and idealistic and to compete for the title these days you need machine-like consistency and efficiency.

"Another level" with De Zerbi is more likely to be lower-mid-table than title contention.

ShinjiNinja26

In this specific circumstance I say yes. Tuchel wouldn’t last long most likely but as I said, I think we’re close to being a proper team. A world class manager like him for the next 2 years or so could work well. Most of the tools are already here which weren’t when he left.
The problem is Boehly’s still there and wasn’t he one of the main reasons it fell apart for Tuchel at Chelsea?

Matt851

Surprised he lasted as long as he did when you consider other managers didn't get last as long under that owner. He might stumble on to a decent manager now that makes Chelsea a top 4 again from next season. let's be honest they weren't going to be that by keeping Poch
How do you figure that when their form towards the end of the season was very good

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t you think you’ve been unlucky for much of the season, though? I don’t watch Chelsea nearly as much as you surely do but I’ve seen quite a few games this season where I thought you were playing pretty well and creating but your forwards were just ridiculously wasteful (same as last season really).
Our problem was that we played well in one off games against the bigger teams but against everyone else we lacked any sort of identity or style. We were unlucky with the missed chances but there was never a stretch were I thought we were playing well, consistently.

The timing is just bad for multiple reasons though.

Rustyspider13

Wow. I thought Chelsea's late surge gave him another season. I wonder if they have someone lined up already.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
You can't finish 6th after our $1bn transfer spending, bottle a cup final v Liverpool B and be surprised to get axed.

Injuries or other excuses won't cut it with our owners.
You absolutely can. He signed on for a “project” they themselves said would require patience. Endured more setbacks than any manager in the league. He had to completely turn around the forms of some very very young players.

And now you know what else is possible? Finishing 9th next year because we’ve tossed what chemistry and stability we DID have into a wood chipper

Orange Tree

That's probably true of Poch.

But I see little reason to believe that De Zerbi is capable of crafting a title contending side. He plays some pretty stuff but he is very unpragmatic and idealistic and to compete for the title these days you need machine-like consistency and efficiency.

"Another level" with De Zerbi is more likely to be lower-mid-table than title contention.
Brighton play good football, especially last season.

Their pressing is very well organized and they progress the ball really well. It was evident in our last match how well drilled they are.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Chelsea should just buy Brighton and rename the club at this point they are 100% going for De Zerbi

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You can't finish 6th after our $1bn transfer spending, bottle a cup final v Liverpool B and be surprised to get axed.

Injuries or other excuses won't cut it with our owners.
I thought your owners were very keen to shed the hire & fire label Chelsea had under Roman, and were keen to emphasise managers would be given time and patience, hence the 5 year contract for Potter?

tomaldinho1

Weirdly I think he might be who Ineos end up going for if they sack ETH. Just have a feeling.

TheRedHearted

Chelsea should just buy Brighton and rename the club at this point they are 100% going for De Zerbi
It’s between us and them. For glory i would for United and De Zerbi would know he would have more time here.
But Chelsea’s squad to me are a lot more talented interesting to a manager imo. The only saving grace we have is Mainoo, Hojland and Garnacho but the rest of the squad needs massive moving around. For this rebuild we should definitely get a young energetic manager who relies on building youth.

idk who that is

KeanoMagicHat

Seems a bad decision to me, as soon as things were improving. They’d have comfortably got Champions League football based on results from the second half of the season.

But it’s Todd Boehly so expect him to make the worst decision at every possible juncture.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Never want Poch at United, he has a losers mentality.

Dazzmondo

Chelsea's owner is remarkably incompetent. Thought Chelsea were well positioned to get top 4 next season. Now fully expecting them to get De Zerbi and finish 10th

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It seemed like he turned a corner, Chelsea finished strong and I think he could've carried that momentum into next season. It didn't seem like the players weren't playing for him.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
This is such a dumb decision. We have had a number of our biggest players praising him and saying they fought super hard during this 5 match winning run for Poch. We were on the right track finally and are only 2-3 key additions away from being a serious team.

Honestly, any of these names were linked with to replace him make me depressed. Only Tuchel returning could make me happy.
You had me until Tuchel. You don’t find it odd that Musiala was holding out on signing a new deal while Tuchel was at Bayern?