Pochettino | Leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Have to say I'm a bit conflicted about this.

On one hand for around 80% of the season I thought we were utter shite with not much progress to be seen, but on the other hand the last 5 games were some of the best vibes I've had watching Chelsea in the last couple of years and it was finally starting to look like we were onto something and I kinda would have wanted to see where that goes.

One thing is for sure, whoever comes in now should have a much easier job on his hands than Poch did a year ago. The squad is much more stable now and unlike last summer there probably won't be too many personnel changes made into the squad during the transfer window. And either way it's a whole different scenario coming into a team who'd just finished 6th than the 12th of last year.

Bertie Wooster

Obviously no idea what's going on behind the scenes with all parties, but seems strange given they'd finally found some impressive form for pretty much the first time since the takeover.

They ended up in a very respectable 6th place and only 5 points off a CL spot. I don't think many would have predicted that before the season or at most stages of it, so it was an impressive end to the season.

I've not seen too much about it apart from terms like 'mutual' and 'amicable' - which normally suggests it's come more from the club rather than the manager walking out for a new job. Seems strange as he seemed to have a decent enough first season overall. Maybe they'd already made up their minds before the late improvements? Or maybe they're just going to be like the Chelsea / Watford of old and change managers regularly?

Last edited:

Jev

Strange decision. They were starting to look really good and their final league position was acceptable. But good for us, a great replacement for ETH now available, I hope we grab him.

Uncle Mainoo

They have just started to build momentum and they sack him. :lol:

I had them for top 4 challengers they’ll be back competing for 6th like this season. Such an awfully run club.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ruthless private equity owners. He's been shite, considering the money spent. Mid table all season till the late surge. Not surprised.

He's probably copped blame for bottling the league cup final and possibly his training methods for some of the injuries.

Good to see the new owners aren't that different.

More interested in who comes in ..?
The money spent was reckless and far too fast to keep any semblance of a team balance or coherence. I think he has done amazingly well to form a team after all that and get them finishing the season really strongly.

He has literally built a platform and moulded a lot of youngsters into a team and this is what he gets for it.

It’s more madness from Boelhy.

pascell

Surely can't be Tuchel, not after kicking him out unceremoniously. Plus, the article says they want a "young and exciting manager"
I think for their outlay, they'll want to see a return to top 4 minimum next season and a trophy, Tuchel is their best bet for that.

All of the other names I've seen although play exciting football, might not have the experience in the nitty gritty games to get them over the line, that experience Tuchel has.

Woodzy

What a mess of a club. They easily looked a potential top 4 quality team towards the end of the season.

Infestissumam

3rd over the last ten games, 4th in the second half of the season and it finally looked like they've found a rhythm these past few weeks/months. Boehly is an idiot, but what else is new.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Holy shit, Chelsea had too much stability over the past 3 weeks :lol:

We better not hire this guy...

Supports
Chelsea
Goes to show you that simply winning erases everything in the viewers eyes. Everyone going on about the last 5 games but we were pretty lucky vs Forest away and lucky on the weekend, had we lost either of those games no one here would be shocked by this.

The timing however is awful, the players coming out the past few weeks saying how much they love Poch. I'm guessing this has more to do with Poch wanting more say with the transfers like an article a few days ago was suggesting, with the owners simply wanting a yes man.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Oh my good lord ……..

We are going to finish lower next year than this one.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Seems like a moronic decision by Chelsea, but that has become common at the club, so not really shocked.

Starting over yet again next season, great stuff.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Surprised so many are criticizing the decision. They finished the season well but it doesn't change the fact that they were absolute crap for 90% of it.

Remember the geese

You can't finish 6th after our $1bn transfer spending, bottle a cup final v Liverpool B and be surprised to get axed.

Injuries or other excuses won't cut it with our owners.
It has taken time for these players to gel. A young side at that. Chelsea finished the season strong and it's certainly been an improvement on what Potter did.

It's really poor and quite embarrassing to be honest.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They have some morons running that club.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
You can't finish 6th after our $1bn transfer spending, bottle a cup final v Liverpool B and be surprised to get axed.

He didn't spend 1bn, the clueless owners did, but he's somehow the one who's got to take the hit for it

RedRocket9908

Pochettino to United, I'm calling it.
Part of the reason for him leaving Chelsea was the fact they took away his say in the clubs transfer business for both sales and purchases so I doubt he'll come here as it sounds like INEOS want to fully control transfers so he'd be in the exact same situation.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Surprised so many are criticizing the decision. They finished the season well but it doesn't change the fact that they were absolute crap for 90% of it.
Which is what happens when you parachute a load of players in at once, it happened at Forest as well for a while. Might happen here if we aren't careful.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This is such a dumb decision. We have had a number of our biggest players praising him and saying they fought super hard during this 5 match winning run for Poch. We were on the right track finally and are only 2-3 key additions away from being a serious team.

Honestly, any of these names were linked with to replace him make me depressed. Only Tuchel returning could make me happy.

Jev

Goes to show you that simply winning erases everything in the viewers eyes. Everyone going on about the last 5 games but we were pretty lucky vs Forest away and lucky on the weekend, had we lost either of those games no one here would be shocked by this.
Don’t you think you’ve been unlucky for much of the season, though? I don’t watch Chelsea nearly as much as you surely do but I’ve seen quite a few games this season where I thought you were playing pretty well and creating but your forwards were just ridiculously wasteful (same as last season really).

Matt851

Your owners are braindead feckwits.

You can cite the money spent but everyone can see it has made life very difficult for any manager given the lack of strategic thinking over how it was spent

Shark

@NotShark
Let's get him in, at long last. We've just been lucky to finish 8th, so not much to lose.