Pochettino | Leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is such a dumb decision. We have had a number of our biggest players praising him and saying they fought super hard during this 5 match winning run for Poch. We were on the right track finally and are only 2-3 key additions away from being a serious team.

Honestly, any of these names were linked with to replace him make me depressed. Only Tuchel returning could make me happy.
So you like short term happiness, which seems to be the way with him.

Sanchez7

he was my choice before we hired EtH and I would still like to see him at United. He is a manager that can improve players and nurture talent. Hope Ineos considers him if EtH time is up.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Strange decision. They were starting to look really good and their final league position was acceptable. But good for us, a great replacement for ETH now available, I hope we grab him.
Maybe they were playing good because they had no pressure anymore?I even think they were not expecting to be part of Europe. They only time I saw them play was vs United, and they were utter shitte.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don’t you think you’ve been unlucky for much of the season, though? I don’t watch Chelsea nearly as much as you surely do but I’ve seen quite a few games this season where I thought you were playing pretty well and creating but your forwards were just ridiculously wasteful (same as last season really).
That was the problem for them. They played well, but the likes of Jackson missed chance after chance. That is not Poch's fault. The owner splurged money on this lot and they get rid of the manager just when he has sorted it all out.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Surprised so many are criticizing the decision. They finished the season well but it doesn't change the fact that they were absolute crap for 90% of it.
I'm not sure they were as crap as we have been making out though. As I posted a few days ago. If you ignore the first 6 games and take the table from matchday 7, they obtained the 4th most points in the league.

Obviously within that period they looked crap and he was failing to solve some problems like Enzo but the last 5-10 games they really started to look like a cohesive side which had something to build on in the summer and make a solid push for top 4 next season.

I think it probably does come down to an owner - manager breakdown in terms of transfer control, similar to De Zerbi and Bloom at Brighton.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Good news for us. He was starting to turn them around after 2 years of disarray
This.
Although it might not have been one sided. I said yesterday that I could see a situation where Pochettino used that run as leverage to try to get things: line a reversal on decision to sell Gallagher.

I don’t know that our new owners understand how important Silva and Gallagher were to creating what really was a “team” by the end. Losing both of them?

James35

I’m taking Poch over ten Hag 100%, if possible. He was my choice out of the two originally.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Ten Hag to become our new Shhpecial One?

MadMike

Surprised so many are criticizing the decision. They finished the season well but it doesn't change the fact that they were absolute crap for 90% of it.
But they weren’t. They were crap for a quarter of it. The had 1 win in 7 at the start. Their form after that is comfortably of a top 4 team.

Which is as good as you can expect when the owners go and buy every hot prospect without any plan for squad management

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Give it to lampsy till the end of the season.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
But they weren’t. They were crap for a quarter of it. The had 1 win in 7 at the start. Their form after that is comfortably of a top 4 team.

Which is as good as you can expect when the owners go and by every hot prospect without any plan
Even in the period where they apparently weren’t shite they were drawing away to Sheffield United, at home to Burnley, getting smashed 5-0 away at Arsenal.

Xaviboy

He been hinting at his future last few weeks hasn't he, maybe INEOS has sold him the project.

Orange Tree

Poch is a decent manager, but I feel like a top 4 is his ceiling no matter how much they spend.

De Zerbi could take them to another level and be in title contention.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is such a dumb decision. We have had a number of our biggest players praising him and saying they fought super hard during this 5 match winning run for Poch. We were on the right track finally and are only 2-3 key additions away from being a serious team.

Honestly, any of these names were linked with to replace him make me depressed. Only Tuchel returning could make me happy.
Do you think there was a deal with de zerbi before the recent run?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Poch is a decent manager, but I feel like a top 4 is his ceiling no matter how much they spend.

De Zerbi could take them to another level and be in title contention.
This guy is so hyped for achieving so little, what on earth have you seen that tells you he will take them to another level? Let alone title contention

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mad how even though Chelsea are the premature sacking club, they still pull out a surprise every now and again.