Pochettino | Leaves Chelsea by mutual consent

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I find the idea that Potch had the most intense training of the week the day before a match to be unlikely, if only for the fact that I would expect to see more backlash from players. And if nothing else, this is a slap in the face of the players who obviously adored him, and literally gave everything they had on the premise that they could keep them at the club

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I'm absolutely shocked by the one. Their form in the last part of the season had been very good. It's the first time in years they've not been laughing stocks and NOW they pull the trigger?

How bizarre.
Funny how it’s happened now De Zerbi is available. Maybe they secretly paid Brighton something. Gonna be a fun summer to see which managers go where

DJ_21

He’s failed everywhere he’s been, he’s nowhere near up to the challenge of managing us.
Exactly but we’ve been linked with him since fergies retired. We’ve always admired him apparently.

DJ_21

As much as I'd like to see it go potter, I think they have the players for him and he'd flourish there. Hope not though
If we stick with ETH for another year and he has a good season with Ipswich then he’ll be destined to join us here.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Some of these names I’m seeing being linked with the job make me sick. The sorts of managers that you need to give 3-4 seasons to build and accept that there will be short term pain for long term gain.

Which is absolutely NOT what we require right now.

DJ_21

Old management did, new management will have other ideas. We're more likely to end up with Potter or Southgate than him now.
What a great choice of 3 managers. None of them are good enough for us. Southgate being the last. If we gambled on potter I’d give him a fair chance, we’ve tried experienced and managers that have won a lot of trophy’s. Maybe it’s an underdog that will do well for us

Shark

@NotShark
Old management did, new management will have other ideas. We're more likely to end up with Potter or Southgate than him now.
I disagree with this. If they're having any doubts whatsoever about ETH, they'll be considering somebody like Poch heavily because of his PL experience. Like they have Tuchel. They can't afford to gamble on another flavour of the month and miss out on CL football for a second season on the bounce.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Seems silly but no champions league football and your gone much higher standards than some of our fans. Have to admire it, sacking him is worth the risk if the next guy can get them top 4.

mu4c_20le

Not surprised they want McKenna, he's on the up. Would really suck to root against him.

C'est Moi Cantona

Chelsea are a sacking club, so they need an instant manager, not someone like McKenna, Frank. or Kompany who are bound to need a bit of time to have any chance.

I hope managers like this tell them to get stuffed.

Walters_19_MuFc

It seems people are shocked based on the strong ending to the season, but when we take a step back and look at it, he wasn't that great at Chelsea, and a month or so back, people, including myself, thought he'd be sacked.

I mean, this is a Chelsea team who have spent so much money, only to scrape 6th place and pretty much sat in and around the bottom half of the table for two thirds of the season.

He also accidently fell into the right team/system. With the injury of Enzo, he decided to put Gallagher deep next to Caicedo and inverted Cucurella. Had he done that at the start of the season, who know's how they'd have got on.

crossy1686

career ending
I disagree with this. If they're having any doubts whatsoever about ETH, they'll be considering somebody like Poch heavily because of his PL experience. Like they have Tuchel. They can't afford to gamble on another flavour of the month and miss out on CL football for a second season on the bounce.
With that logic why not just hire Moyes? He's won more than Poch and knows the club.