Pochettino sacked by Spurs

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think that despite all that he had come to the end at the club and had lost the dressing room so had to go. He has had to work with a tight budget since he got here so that hasnt really changed, what has changed is that sadly he has lost his way at the club and lost many of the players and he has been unable to change his ways. We do need a different manager to get the squad working together again.
I think that squad is doomed and I don't for a second believe it's due to Poch losing the dressing room. Ultimately a lot of your best players under him either want out or want bigger contracts and it's going to cause you a lot more problems in the near future, Poch or no Poch.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think he hah earned the right to be given the remainder of the season based on what he has achieved for the club over the five years he has been in charge.

Think it's a hasty decision and one Levy may come to regret.
I think we needed to change now if we have any hope of getting champions league football next season which at the end of the day is vital for a club like Spurs. I hear what you are saying and in many ways I agree as I really do love Poch and would have given anything to see him turn it around but sadly any hope of that ended several weeks ago.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Absolutely no loyalty, Spurs sack their best manager of the PL era because they might not make the UCL next season

Fecking joke
I think it's a bit more than that and that it was best for both parties to go separate ways.

It's the end of a cycle, he did a fantastic job there but he's taken them as far he could. At some point the players just don't respond to your coaching anymore, they need someone new and the manager another team. In this case they're not snakes and Poch ain't a fraud like some love to call him.

It happens to all the managers, even the most successful, that's just the way it is.

Greck

I wish we get him, but he’ll most likely end up in Spain or Bayern!
Yep we will then end up pretending like no one is/was available to replace whichever failing manager we have.

If we dont do this our next hire could cost 30m to buyout

TrueRed79

This will be a Klopp situation all over again. We will do the noble thing and stick with our Van Gaal (Ole) while other teams snap up a great manager.
And we all know this is what will happen. It's slightly depressing as we are primed like Spurs were when he took over them for him to come in and work his magic.

Djemba-Djemba

I think it's a bit more than that and I do think that it was best for both parties to go separate ways.

It's the end of a cycle, he did a fantastic job there but he's taken them as far he could. At some point the players just don't respond to your coaching anymore, they need someone new and the manager another team. In this case they're not snakes and Poch ain't a fraud like some love to call him.

It happens to all the managers, even the most successful, that's just the way it is.
Never happened to Fergie Baby!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think that despite all that he had come to the end at the club and had lost the dressing room so had to go. He has had to work with a tight budget since he got here so that hasnt really changed, what has changed is that sadly he has lost his way at the club and lost many of the players and he has been unable to change his ways. We do need a different manager to get the squad working together again.
I don't think he'd lost the players I think your club lost the players if that makes sense. Poch leaving isn't going to suddenly make Vertonghen, Alderwiereld and Eriksen performing imo

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope he ends up at Bayern or anywhere other than United.

mu4c_20le

Incredibly sad day for the club and I feel quite emotional about it all. I say this despite wanting Poch sacked for the last few months - I still absolutely love and respect the guy and it is incredibly sad to see him get sacked. I think it is the correct decision but it really hurts.
He deserved better i think, at his best he was like your very own SAF. Like you said its probably the right call given how this season went, but you wish things could have gone differently, at least in a way where he could leave on his own terms.

Josep Dowling

Well this thread is going to go down well with a lot of insightful opinions about why we need to bring him in immediately and fire our current manager right when the team is starting to play well.

On that note.. I did NOT see this coming. Considering how Pochettino managed to take Tottenham from mediocrity to top4, much in thanks to inheriting players like Harry Kane mind you, that he'd have a somewhat longer leash. Levy wouldn't just fire Pochettino 1/3 into the season just like that even if they are struggling, not after all they've achieved.

I'm guessing that Levy and Poch have finally had enough of each other and that this departure is anything but amicable.
With impressive wins again the mighty Norwich and Brighton, we are now on the turn... apparently.

siw2007

Such a shocking turn of fortunes. To be in the champions league final in May and to have fallen so far since is incredible.

I think Spurs have not mentally recovered from the defeat to Liverpool, they are deflated and also obviously not physically as strong as they were either. If you are not at 100% week in week out then it is a recipe for disaster.

I thought it was a fair call for Poch to stay at Spurs with the new stadium and more money to spend but was obviously wrong. He has a sense of overstaying his tenure and has cut a frustrated figure with the squad. His reputation has taken a bit of a hit but am sure he will get another top job.

OohAahMartial

FA Cup Semis: United 2 Spurs 1
13 Jan PL: Spurs 0 United 1
25th July ICC: Spurs 1 United 2

Ole has beaten Pochettino in every game, only Pochettino has beaten Ole to the sack.

DADDY DON'T WANT

Renegade

Not even an FA Cup, League Cup? The Europa league is a competition even we have won, they have failed in it consistently whenever they were in it. This is even worse, they have as much a chance as any top 6 team if not more than others to get a trophy, they've had at least two chances to get a title and one was to Leicester. They were not even in bad form like the rest of the top six were and still were nowhere near the foxes. Maybe it's the manager who can't push these players over the finish line, they have and always will be bottlers until something changes over there.
Have you seen the winners of the domestic cups the last 5 years? Always a top 6 side. Even then it’s extremely difficult to set a team up to focus solely on a domestic cup. Especially when his managed to finish in the top 4 those years.
Finishing in top 4 is just as important than a league cup win these days.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't think he'd lost the players I think your club lost the players if that makes sense. Poch leaving isn't going to suddenly make Vertonghen, Alderwiereld and Eriksen performing imo
We shall see, I think you are wrong but to be honest I don't really know.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Would still take him at United in a heartbeat.

I think hed do brilliant if backed properly in the market.

cyberman

Well there you have it. TopSpur officially a more ambitious club and less satisfied with mediocrity than Manchester United.

* Not that I think Poch is a mediocre manager. He just reached the end of his cycle at Spurs with a crushing defeat in the CL and then no investment coupled with all the best players running down their contracts.
We have had 7 managers in our dugout over the last 7 years.
You think we hang on to managers too long huh?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Simple question was "can he turn this around?" he looked as if he'd lost the dressing room so it was probably the right decision. Still, whoever they get is going to be a serious downgrade, he had them punching well above their weight, I personally believe he's a brilliant manager. They really should've backed him the summer they spent nothing, it was plain as day that that summer was the beginning of the end for him. Keeping players who clearly didn't want to be there and not replacing them has been an apocalyptic failure. I do wonder if any previously happy players will now want to leave and any previously unhappy players may now want to staty.

Jibbs

Going to Bayern most probably... There's something about Poch which says he would have been the perfect United boss.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Simple question was "can he turn this around?" he looked as if he'd lost the dressing room so it was probably the right decision. Still, whoever they get is going to be a serious downgrade, he had them punching well above their weight, I personally believe he's a brilliant manager. They really should've backed him the summer they spent nothing, it was plain as day that that summer was the beginning of the end for him. Keeping players who clearly didn't want to be there and not replacing them has been an apocalyptic failure. I do wonder if any previously happy players will now want to leave and any previously unhappy players may now want to staty.
So if Spurs decide to turn up on Saturday, it could be WHU losing their manager as well.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We will hang around because our current manager is getting a couple of favourable results.

By the time we get around to talking to him he'll be replacing Zidane.

UpWithRivers

Going to Bayern. Only thing that makes sense. Probably have a nice Christmas break then start in Jan

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bye Ole, see you in Norway.
Lots of our next games are home games so no way that we will sack him. Until we do( march) Poch will be in Bayern or Arsenal or anywhere except United.

As some already said; Klopp situation all over again.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
With impressive wins again the mighty Norwich and Brighton, we are now on the turn... apparently.
We're showing signs of improvement at the exact same time as Pochettino is going through his lowest period as a manager. Why the feck would we hire him right now?

Member 90887

I read earlier today that he had crisis talk with Levy, and that Poch prefered the option of parting ways with Spurs. So it looks like he wasn't in it. To be fair, it looked like he wanted out since last year.

SirAF

Ageist
We have had 7 managers in our dugout over the last 7 years.
You think we hang on to managers too long huh?
Ferguson, Moyes, Giggs, van Gaal, Mourinho and Solskjaer. That’s six and it’s probably a bit ingenious to include an interim manager as well as the last long term manager to inflate the number ;)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Didn't think it'd happen with the financial side of things.
They’re 3 points off 5th place :houllier:
Guessing it is more to do with their form over a longer period.

Points from last 24 Premier League games

Arsenal: 37
Crystal Palace: 37
Everton: 35
Newcastle Utd: 35
Wolves: 34
West Ham Utd: 32
Man Utd: 31
Bournemouth: 28
Burnley: 28
Tottenham Hotspur: 25
Brighton: 24
Southampton: 23
Watford: 21

Not bothered to include the current top four as well as the promoted sides.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We even give managers a free pass to relegate us if they win a single away game in the CL quarter finals.
Who’s done that then you clown?

We are above Spurs who have been managed by the guy you want to replace Ole with. Our fans are thick as shit.