Pogba apologises to fans after Cardiff

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
yep.

but he’s the thing wrong with all modern football.

some of the tripe that ‘fans’ pedal these days in the hard times no wonder there’s little loyalty from the players.

the guy has been scapegoated for all our ills yet still does more on the pitch than most.

we have so many more things wrong with us at the moment, he is NOT the main problem.
Pogba should have done better in terms of workrate but so should 99.99% of the squad whose workrate also sucks and hasn't contributed half of what he did. I often wonder if Pogba would have been treated the same if he was born in Warrington, Manchester or Preston.

Withnail

How many times has he apologised for his and the teams performances now? And how many times has it made any difference whatsoever? He's only ever looked good when playing in a good team, he can't drag a team up and make them better, get rid.

Or we could buy some quality players in defence, midfield and the right wing and make the team better?

As you say, he'd play well if the team was good?

The UTD Way

Every week...sorry, oh we should do better, we know we can do better, the fans deserve better.

In other words how the fcuk are we getting away with being paid this much money every week, when we know we’re bang average!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
that's the way to treat our main assist man.
Sort of the main asset by default. His, nor the rest of the squad have been able to churn out sustained runs of form in their time here. We should strip all these "assets" if they want out, and start over.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Worst than Madrid fans. At least the spanish abuse all the players not only their best player because the media told them to do it.
Yes. That's why Pogba supposedly gets abuse. Because the media tell the fans to do it.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Worst than Madrid fans. At least the spanish abuse all the players not only their best player because the media told them to do it.
Agreed. Would they abuse Rashford or Lingard like that, who have been far worse. I think not.

I'd do one if I was Pogba. He'll never win here.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
You mean leave for PSG on a free ? 2 more years
I was being sarcastic, hence the white text.

I have been sitting with people all day at Old Trafford who have been ripping Pogba apart, questioning his commitment, before hero worshipping the man who has actually been negotiating his contarct with his next club and declining the opportunity to stay. The doublethink is unreal: also see the reactions to Young and Valencia.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Sick of apologies. Nothing these players say matters in between matches. Do your talking on the pitch.

This club needs fixing, and we can't be losing him or de gea. They are the only two world class players we have.

dogwithabone

As a human, I feel for Pogba. Getting slagged off by a crowd would be a nightmare for me, respect to him for accepting it.

Ah bless him, I’m sure the one million pound a month salary will help him deal with those nasty couple of hundred fans shouting at him.

starman

He's pretending to care, the only ones that still buy the act is his fanboys.
He's a extremely talented player, but his effort is no more than that of a Sunday league player rolling up off a two day bender

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
At least he does come out and apologise, he doesn’t have to. I feel sorry for him playing in a team with so many useless, mediocre players. Anyone who thinks that he won’t perform at club like Real Madrid are in denial, he would slot in perfectly like he does for France in their incredible squad. He is a luxury player and we cannot afford to have him playing in a free role with low work rate when the players around him don’t have the quality to help him out and share the responsibility. Personally i hope he stays, and we recruit well in summer. One can dream.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's a waste of space, just sod off to Madrid already. Good to see the match going fans giving him so grief. The only Pogba sympathisers are the young supporters. I was the same when we had Beckham here and he used to get grief.
Not really, I've seen young fans who don't like him just as older fans who like him.

Sp00ks11

16 goals and 14 assists in this crappy team, and he's getting abuse whilst Rashford, Smalling, Young and co get a pass like usual...

AFC NimbleThumb

Pogba should have done better in terms of workrate but so should 99.99% of the squad whose workrate also sucks and hasn't contributed half of what he did. I often wonder if Pogba would have been treated the same if he was born in Warrington, Manchester or Preston.
pogba offends a lot of people for a lot of reasons. as you’ve said, [& i’m somewhat of a pogba apologist] he should have performed A LOT better in his time here but i don’t remember him dropping the ball at an onrushing players feet in a must win game or getting his feet mixed up attempting a clearance against huddersfield.

his form has been an issue but in the last month or so he shouldn’t be the one getting the sh** he has.

there are quite literally players about to leave who suddenly got injured when a team in paris wanted to sign them & others in the worst form of their careers but yes, let’s sell pogba and a midfield consisting of matic/fred/+1 will be so much better next season with young still at full back.

i joined this forum after the everton game cause i was raging but some of the unwavering biases against our own players & [new] manager have really made me stop for pause.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
People are getting blinded by the media now...

Top goal scorer
Top assists

Getting abuse from 'fans'.

We're being coaxed into turfing out our best players in the name of 'history', and we're choosing mediocrity over excellence.

Wake up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
People are getting blinded by the media now...

Top goal scorer
Top assists

Getting abuse from 'fans'.

We're being coaxed into turfing out our best players in the name of 'history'.

Wake up.
Yes, he's the best of a really, really shit bunch of players. Literally this is the worst performing squad that we've had in 30-40 years.

That doesn't make him suddenly warranting a salary that's multiples higher than other footballers in this league and other leagues who are comfortably more consistent than he is. If he can be replaced at a good cost for a player showing more hunger, desire and providing better value to the overall unit, it's a no brainer to cash in.

SAFMUTD

Pogba ended up the season as our top scorer and assistant and in the ideal XI of the league, yet some people here want him gone.

Mainoldo

He was being sarcastic. All they kept saying was f*ing Instagram and dancing like most on here. All was missing was the get out of ‘out’ club line.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
pogba offends a lot of people for a lot of reasons. as you’ve said, [& i’m somewhat of a pogba apologist] he should have performed A LOT better in his time here but i don’t remember him dropping the ball at an onrushing players feet in a must win game or getting his feet mixed up attempting a clearance against huddersfield.

his form has been an issue but in the last month or so he shouldn’t be the one getting the sh** he has.

there are quite literally players about to leave who suddenly got injured when a team in paris wanted to sign them & others in the worst form of their careers but yes, let’s sell pogba and a midfield consisting of matic/fred/+1 will be so much better next season with young still at full back.

i joined this forum after the everton game cause i was raging but some of the unwavering biases against our own players & [new] manager have really made me stop for pause.
I agree

16 goals and 14 assists in this crappy team, and he's getting abuse whilst Rashford, Smalling, Young and co get a pass like usual...
This summarise what I think.

He'sRaldo

Ah bless him, I’m sure the one million pound a month salary will help him deal with those nasty couple of hundred fans shouting at him.
As someone with anxiety of such situations, I'm not sure how money would help.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yes, he's the best of a really, really shit bunch of players. Literally this is the worst performing squad that we've had in 30-40 years.

That doesn't make him suddenly warranting a salary that's multiples higher than other footballers in this league and other leagues who are comfortably more consistent than he is. If he can be replaced at a good cost for a player showing more hunger, desire and providing better value to the overall unit, it's a no brainer to cash in.
So lets shout abuse at him? And only him?

What about Ole, is he earning his wages?

What about Young, Jones, Smalling, 'Rashy'?

Holocene

Post Fergie, how many players have we brought in that fit that description?

You're assuming that we will suddenly start buying quality, hungry players if we sell Pogba. Woodward and the club's track record of buying players is terrible.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We love honestly shit players. No wonder we are filled with them
1000% right.

Post Fergie, how many players have we brought in that fit that description?

You're assuming that we will suddenly start buying quality, hungry players if we sell Pogba. Woodward and the club's track record of buying players is terrible.
Good point, our fans are deluded if they think selling Pogba will somehow achieve something at this club

Loublaze

ATLien
They were abusing him, the thread title is wrong and is giving those disgusting 'fans' a pass