Pogba apologises to fans after Cardiff

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
In a different midfield, you would forgive and indulge a player like Pogba. He is our only world class talent in this midfield and we should build the midfield around him. People really need to get over the whole thing about him apparently being more worried about his Instagram account than this football club, it's bollocks. People say he is inconsistent, damn straight he is, inconsistent because of the utter garbage players around him. Crap defence behind him, Lukaku in front who can't hold a ball for toffee and an inconsistent Martial on the left or busted flush Sanchez. There is a reason why Madrid and Barcelona are after him and they are quite a few steps ahead of us.

I get the fans frustration and Pogba is the easy whipping boy here but out of all our problems, selling Pogba to replace it with players who will run and run and run some more fml, you might as well get Big Sam in if thats the direction were going.

Loublaze

ATLien
Can a moderator correctly change the title to one more fitting, reflecting the savage abuse and not the 'apology'? Anyone?

dove

16 goals and 14 assists in this crappy team, and he's getting abuse whilst Rashford, Smalling, Young and co get a pass like usual...
I assume you are living under the rock as otherwise you would know it's not true. Pretty much everyone is getting abuse, sometimes deserved sometimes not.

Jib

In a different midfield, you would forgive and indulge a player like Pogba. He is our only world class talent in this midfield and we should build the midfield around him. People really need to get over the whole thing about him apparently being more worried about his Instagram account than this football club, it's bollocks. People say he is inconsistent, damn straight he is, inconsistent because of the utter garbage players around him. Crap defence behind him, Lukaku in front who can't hold a ball for toffee and an inconsistent Martial on the left or busted flush Sanchez. There is a reason why Madrid and Barcelona are after him and they are quite a few steps ahead of us.

I get the fans frustration and Pogba is the easy whipping boy here but out of all our problems, selling Pogba to replace it with players who will run and run and run some more fml, you might as well get Big Sam in if thats the direction were going.

Great post

Suv666

You'll never see Jones, Young or Lingard getting abused. Despite being 100 times worse.

Wazza4Gaffa

Everybody that is slagging off Pogba deserve what's happening at this club right now

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So lets shout abuse at him? And only him?

What about Ole, is he earning his wages?

What about Young, Jones, Smalling, 'Rashy'?
I don't really care for the video - and I didn't see the other players in an altercation with the fans. I really don't think Pogba has been great and I think he's terribly overrated but I wouldn't abuse him the way the fans did. I'd just act indifferent and vent my voice against Woodward/Glazers.

Young, Jones, Smalling and Rashford would undoubtedly have gotten a lot of stick if they had stopped to speak to the fans like Pogba did. Pogba will get the most however, because he is the largest earner of the club and one of the players who was bought to lift the squad. Sanchez would have been eaten alive out there too.

Post Fergie, how many players have we brought in that fit that description?

You're assuming that we will suddenly start buying quality, hungry players if we sell Pogba. Woodward and the club's track record of buying players is terrible.
That doesn't mean Pogba is great. He's an example of Woodward's strategy. A brand name with lots of talent who we overpay for and flatters to deceive.

Loublaze

ATLien
Joke supporters. Our fans is expert at driving out players with talent and forgiving the mediocres. he should jump the sinking ship Asap.
They'd never do this to players like Mata or Herrera no matter how bad they play. There's an element of racism in Pogba's abuse by united fans on social media and in this case. I've never seen a player get this much abuse on matchday, not even Fellaini.

Jib

They'd never do this to players like Mata or Herrera no matter how bad they play. There's an element of racism in Pogba's abuse by united fans on social media and in this case. I've never seen a player get this much abuse on matchday, not even Fellaini.
Not even Di Maria. Crazy.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I don't really care for the video - and I didn't see the other players in an altercation with the fans. I really don't think Pogba has been great and I think he's terribly overrated but I wouldn't abuse him the way the fans did. I'd just act indifferent and vent my voice against Woodward/Glazers.

Young, Jones, Smalling and Rashford would undoubtedly have gotten a lot of stick if they had stopped to speak to the fans like Pogba did. Pogba will get the most however, because he is the largest earner of the club and one of the players who was bought to lift the squad. Sanchez would have been eaten alive out there too.
Not sure that's correct, at all.

And if you can't see that there is a media witchhunt for Pogba by the ABU-United cronies then I'm surprised, but that's your call.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yep. They're racist.

Pogba has some serious armor on this forum it's beyond a joke now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You'll never see Jones, Young or Lingard getting abused. Despite being 100 times worse.
They get abused because of their lack of ability all the time, you might not see them get the abuse Pogba is getting in that video though because Pogba is getting that abuse due to a perceived lack of effort and commitment

Obviously if match going fans feel a player isn't giving 100% that's going to piss them off more than someone who's clearly just not very good (because ultimately you could argue that it's not the players fault they're not very good)

3KDré

I'm sure they clapped Young, Smalling, Jones, Rashford and Lingard for their great efforts in recent matches.

Eriku

When I see all the shit that gets thrown at players, whether they try or not, I can’t help but feel that it makes total sense to be a mercenary who gives no fecks.

Why have Jones and Smalling never been booed?? Jones cost us the FA Cup last season and no one says a word.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not sure that's correct, at all.

And if you can't see that there is a media witchhunt for Pogba by the ABU-United cronies then I'm surprised, but that's your call.
Feck off with the ABU acronym. I don't rate him much, Gary Neville probably thinks he's bad for the club despite not saying it. Scholes doesn't rate him much, Keane wouldn't touch him with a bargepole and on top of that he's been classed as disappointing by virtually every other ex player turned pundit.

They can't all be ABU. Sure this is a debate about opinion and he will have many defenders too. But daft for you to be so narrow minded and claim it's ABU if you dislike Pogba or want him out.

I don't have a problem with fans liking Pogba. We can sit on it and debate about why or why not, but you need to stop accusing the opposite fans to have some sort of agenda just because they think differently about a player to you.

Also what's not correct. And what is this based on? Was there a clip you saw where the fans were a lot nicer to the other players when they stopped? Or is this part of your crazy theory.

BlueHaze

Embarrassing from those clowns. Let's chant for Young but abuse Pogba.

Why not just leave the arena?

Zoo

I love how this is the headline story in the Mail on the day City win the league.

JK-27

Joke supporters. Our fans is expert at driving out players with talent and forgiving the mediocres. he should jump the sinking ship Asap.
So what other talented players have the fans driven out of the club? Curious minds want to know.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
What do you expect the fan to say? Is he not allowed to be angry? Is he not allowed to voice his opinion?
I'll be fine with it when they give the same treatment to the likes of Rashford, Lingard, Young and Jones. Won't hold my breathe.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What pissing me off in that video is we are cheering on Herrera who kinda betray us. Worse than Pogba. If we are going to boo & get upset to players, do it to everyone apart from Valencia, Gomes & Greenwood.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Feck off with the ABU acronym. I don't rate him much, Gary Neville probably thinks he's bad for the club despite not saying it. Scholes doesn't rate him much, Keane wouldn't touch him with a bargepole and on top of that he's been classed as disappointing by virtually every other ex player turned pundit.

They can't all be ABU. Sure this is a debate about opinion and he will have many defenders too. But daft for you to be so narrow minded and claim it's ABU if you dislike Pogba or want him out.

Also what's not correct. And what is this based on? Was there a clip you saw where the fans were a lot nicer to the other players when they stopped? Or is this part of your crazy theory.
I was questioning whether it was correct that he's our highest paid player - as you stated in your pathetic post excusing the disgusting abuse from 'fans' of the highest scoring and highest assist Man Utd player this season.

Cheers, enjoy your day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was questioning whether it was correct that he's our highest paid player - as you stated in your pathetic post excusing the disgusting abuse from 'fans' of the highest scoring and highest assist Man Utd player this season.

Cheers, enjoy your day.
He is behind Sanchez. So 2nd highest.

I also didn't excuse the fans. I actually said I wouldn't do the same if I were there, if you had bothered to read my posts properly. I don't endorse what they do.

Jib

I love how this is the headline story in the Mail on the day City win the league.
Pogba is the biggest star in the prem' and the only player that still make this club relevant. Of course, they are talking about this.

Loublaze

ATLien
The disgusting thing is the dross served to these fans for 6 fecking years while they pay for season tickets and shite.

Great job from them destroying those clowns.
You think its fine for supporters to abuse players in this manner, and in person? I know you didn't like it when Fellaini was booed by fans, but this type of abuse is on another level

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have you seen the abuse he gets on social media? Get a clue. Go ahead and laugh, hope it made your day
The very slim minority of racists on social media are not representative of those with legit criticism of the player.

Also, Mata got shit loads of abuse for his 7 letter blog. Great way to collapse on your own argument.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Right, so not highest earner at all then... you were wrong.

Just highest goal scorer and highest assist maker.

Try and get it right next time.
It doesn't detract from my actual point, which you fail to grasp. He joined us as the highest earner or one of the highest earners. He still is. He earns multiples more than players that are twice as good as he is.

And feck off with your stats. He's the best of a bad bunch, that doesn't make him tremendous. He was good for 3 months this season, if you think that's world class or close you need to re-evaluate your expectations.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Justified or not, I suppose Pogba is getting a worse treatment than some of our awful players because:

-Left on a free for Juve
-Shown lack of commitment on the pitch
-The fans expect more leadership from him
-Flirted with Madrid
-Controversies under Jose