Pogba apologises to fans after Cardiff

Time to see if Madrid are serious about signing him I reckon. Call the bluff. If it happens, fine, if it doesn't, he knows with certainty his future is here and he needs to make the difference.
They'd be crazy to pay big money for him.

They'll try and offload some of their shit on us, doubt they'd stump up 90-100m cash for him

el3mel

You think its fine for supporters to abuse players in this manner, and in person? I know you didn't like it when Fellaini was booed by fans, but this type of abuse is on another level
I have said it previously I remember, that I honestly can't blame any fan paying for season tickets from not voicing their opinion on those players. He paid money to watch this shite regularly, so yeah he has every right to boo players for wasting his time and money.

We're finishing 6th, zero trophies, all our rivals are fighting for big titles and we had just lost to Cardiff at home, gaining one point out of 6 from the 2 worst teams in the league. Honestly if fans don't show their disrespect for these clowns at time like today then they're not fans but tourists. Any fans will be moved by this shite, especially if you're paying money to watch it.

Silas

I have said it previously I remember, that I honestly can't blame any fan paying for season tickets from not voicing their opinion on those players. He paid money to watch this shite regularly, so yeah he has every right to boo players for wasting his time and money.

We're finishing 6th, zero trophies, all our rivals are fighting for big titles and we had just lost to Cardiff at home, gaining one point out of 6 from the 2 worst teams in the league. Honestly if fans don't show their disrespect for these clowns at time like today then they're not fans but tourists. Any fans will be moved by this shite, especially if you're paying money to watch it.
That isn't booing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I wouldn't bother with him too much. He literally insinuated that criticism of Pogba is racist.

Canagel

They'd never do this to players like Mata or Herrera no matter how bad they play. There's an element of racism in Pogba's abuse by united fans on social media and in this case. I've never seen a player get this much abuse on matchday, not even Fellaini.
By my counting it's 3 times he got abused this year. Cheer for Young and all the deadwoods and send for the best players.

Good luck next year in the midtable.

Jib

Justified or not, I suppose Pogba is getting a worse treatment than some of our awful players because:

-Left on a free for Juve
-Shown lack of commitment on the pitch
-The fans expect more leadership from him
-Flirted with Madrid
-Controversies under Jose
He is black while not being english. It's the most important thing. And the fact that he proved Fergie wrong didn't help too.

Loublaze

ATLien
The very slim minority of racists on social media are not representative of those with legit criticism of the player.

Also, Mata got shit loads of abuse for his 7 letter blog. Great way to collapse on your own argument.
You call what those fans did legit criticism? All they did was throw verbal abuse his way.

WensleyMU

Pogbas fan club make no sense at all. In the past, players like Ronaldo, Rooney Beckham etc had these fanbases but those players achieved great things with this club, never gave up and their efforts, even in defeat would never be questioned.

Pogba has achieved naff all with the club, hes absolutely given up at times and his efforts can be questioned regularly...

Honestly, what has Pogba done to be above criticism? Nobody is saying he's alone in this failure. He's far from the only one but of anyone thinks he's been good enough this season, then I am honestly baffled.

And using his stats as proof of how he's above criticism just smacks of people who really don't understand football at all.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Because he tries. He's shit, but he tries.
If Pogba is our top goal scorer and top assister without trying, allegedly, that justifies the fact that other players should be getting abuse before him.

el3mel

That isn't booing.
He has the right to do whatever he wants all honestly.

We had just lost to Cardiff at home and finished 6th. What was he supposed to say ? Glory glory Man United and clap ?

These are fans as much as us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You call what those fans did legit criticism? All they did was throw verbal abuse his way.
They said he's shit. I don't endorse endorse the word but it's not far off a reflection of his time here.

Loublaze

ATLien

If I remember correctly you pointed out several times how Fellaini was not deserving of abuse by united supporters, even after he left. Did you actually post about those fans booing him being in the right or having the right to express their dissatisfaction?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Firstly that is quite a spoilt attitude, no club has a divine right to challenge for anything.

More importantly though, there is a difference between fans voicing their opinions (which I am all for) and fans abusing one player in-particular. The same fans cheers/clap Young, Lingard, Rashford etc all worse this season.

Sweet Square

By my counting it's 3 times he got abused this year. Cheer for Young and all the deadwoods and send for the best players.

Good luck next year in the midtable.
:lol:

Always amazed by how easy people take the side of multi millionaires.

Loublaze

ATLien
They said he's shit. I don't endorse endorse the word but it's not far off a reflection of his time here.
feck you cnut, feck off, feck you, flipping the bird repeatedly, Very nice things to say and do

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Regardless of whether you think the fan is out of order or not that most certainly ain't an apology from Pogba
Whilst I don't think he has had a great season, if you see the full footage, you will see he was apologising and pleasing with the fans.

sugar_kane

Is that an apology?

Looks like he’s taking the piss out of the fan to me.

It’s always a bit uncomfortable to see one person abuse another, either way.

All that said, I’ll be glad to see him gone. He’s our most talented player but effort and commitment wise he’s nowhere near good enough and I fear this affects the rest of the dressing room.

Yes you can point to numbers of assists etc. but it’s unquantifiable attributes like leadership and impact on squad morale which is the problem. He flirts with other clubs every chance he gets - it’s almost like clockwork that he will drop two or three sound bites on international duty over the last year or so.

el3mel

If I remember correctly you pointed out several times how Fellaini was not deserving of abuse by united supporters, even after he left. Did you actually post about those fans booing him being in the right or having the right to express their dissatisfaction?
However I didn't blame the fans for booing him or said it was disgusting, I said he kept giving it his all despite being booed and abused by the fans and didn't down his head, fans attending have the right do whatever they want though. You can disagree with their ideas but saying it's disgusting to do that and that they're disgusting fans, when we had just lost to Cardiff, I don't agree with that.

And honestly I don't think Pogba deserves to be treated any better but that's another point.

Loublaze

ATLien
However I didn't blame the fans for booing him or said it was disgusting, I said he kept giving it his all despite being booed and abused by the fans and didn't down his head, fans attending have the right do whatever they want though. You can disagree with their ideas but saying it's disgusting to do that and that they're disgusting fans, when we had just lost to Cardiff, I don't agree with that.

And honestly I don't think Pogba deserves to be treated any better but that's another point.
Fair enough, but you can't say match going fans have every right to do whatever they want, this is why fans get banned from stadiums for certain acts of aggression and hate speech

el3mel

Firstly that is quite a spoilt attitude, no club has a divine right to challenge for anything.

More importantly though, there is a difference between fans voicing their opinions (which I am all for) and fans abusing one player in-particular. The same fans cheers/clap Young, Lingard, Rashford etc all worse this season.
The bold part is the first step down toward becoming a mediocre average club. Clubs would move heaven and earth after such season but here we don't have the god given right to challenge and we're spoilt.

Secondly, maybe they're getting tired of Pogba for exactly same reasons I have mentioned here loads of times ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
feck you cnut, feck off, feck you, flipping the bird repeatedly, Very nice things to say and do
As I said, I don't endorse the abuse but he's saying what a lot of fans type on the keyboard week in/week out about Pogba. The criticism isn't exactly false for a player who has struggled to sustain proper performances over a single season, clearly wants out and is massively overpaid. These guys spend so much money to see them week in week out, they take a lot out of their lives and wallets just to see it wasted by players who ultimately don't give two shits and it shows. I think we can forgive a "feck you". I didn't hear "cnut".

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think it's crazy he's getting abuse while the mediocre bunch are not.

NJM78

I hope Pogba puts in a transfer request. He is a huge commercial asset so that will hurt Ed and our sponsors plus he is clearly our best player. Our fans seem happy with triers and 100% givers, talent doesn’t seem too high on the list of attributes required. We will have years of mediocrity for sure as everything at this club stinks.

deafepl

Scary to think, if Pogba were injured for the whole season or left us for Barcelona last summer during the opening game of our season, our season would be much worse without him, we probably would be in a battle for 6 spots with Wolves, Everton and Watford. That sum up how poor our quality of the squad is, especially Young, Matic, Lingard, Jones who contributed nothing to United yet starting regularly, Rojo, Darmain, Bailly didn't start much.

I admire Pogba for accepting that he was shit when he was bossed, I didn't see fans bossing Lingard, young, smalling or Rashford.

Pogba would thrive with full of the quality players around him, we got Jones, Smalling, Young, Lingard, Matic to build a team around him.

el3mel

Fair enough, but you can't say match going fans have every right to do whatever they want, this is why fans get banned from stadiums for certain acts of aggression and hate speech
Fair point but I don't think they did much wrong today regarding the circumstances all honestly. It was accumulation of such crap seasons collected at the final game.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Because racism is more complex than what you think
Why are you so certain of this?
Of course there are racist people, but like it or not, people tend to vent their frustrations at the ones who they are expecting the most from, and even though he is our best player hands down, he has shown lack of commitment on the pitch at times, could’ve worked harder at times.
You can’t say the same about Young or Jones, they’re really shite but they always give their all, and people expect very little for them.
It’s not easy to be a star player, especially when your team is failing and you’re flirting with other teams.