Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
There's really nothing to discuss. He wants to leave fine, but Juve/Madrid need to pay up or shut up. No negotiations after July 1st.
He can't sulk because we'll fine him plus Deschamps will drop his ass if he isn't playing.

The club needs to be firm and unbothered. He will go when we get the money we want. Fat Raiola can cause as much problems as he wants, we should just ignore it until someone shows us the money.

jackal&hyde

There's really nothing to discuss. He wants to leave fine, but Juve/Madrid need to pay up or shut up. No negotiations after July 1st.
He can't sulk because we'll fine him plus Deschamps will drop his ass if he isn't playing.

The club needs to be firm and unbothered. He will go when we get the money we want. Fat Raiola can cause as much problems as he wants, we should just ignore it until someone shows us the money.
Agree with this. He has 3 years left on his contract so he has to respect that. We have a lot of work to do this summer and probably can not afford to have to replace yet another midfielder.

If we bring in the right players and the clubs fortunes change i wouldn't be surprised to see a change of heart from him.

He'sRaldo

We just finished 6th after a mostly rubbish campaign under unsure leadership.

Look at some of the players who want to leave (or have already gone): Pogba, Lukaku, De Gea, Herrera, Mata, Sanchez.

Now look at the comfortable players who have been here for years and accept new contracts without question: Jones, Young, Lingard, Darmian, Rojo, Smalling, Shaw... etc

Isn't it obvious? Our very good and/or ambitious players are the ones trying to leave! The attitudes of the ones who want to leave are miles above the comfortable ones, and I think we should struggle to keep those guys, and try to sell the ones who are unfazed we finished 6th. In my opinion, lack of ambition is a major poison in the club and ambitious players will continue to leave/ refuse to come until it is sorted out.

So with that being said, I think we should try and keep Pogba at least for a few more prime years, then sell him on. It can only be for our benefit especially as we lack quality and winning mentality right now.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Agree with this. He has 3 years left on his contract so he has to respect that. We have a lot of work to do this summer and probably can not afford to have to replace yet another midfielder.

If we bring in the right players and the clubs fortunes change i wouldn't be surprised to see a change of heart from him.
I just want us to be firm as well. Real Madrid taking the piss acting like we're inferior shit and you should do as you're told and give us the player for what we want to pay. That pisses me off. I don't care if Pogba sulks, if he breaks the terms of his contract we fecking sue him. The club will go on long after him or any other player so he's irrelevant in this respect. I just don't want my club to look like fecking fools and pushovers. Fergie didn't work so hard for that kind of nonsense.

The people in charge really need to put their foot down and have some pride for fecks sakes. How hard can it be for them to be firm? As a woman I probably have more balls than those men in charge. Just be firm and Pogba will have to get on with it until we get the cash we want.

Gandalf

I don't see him leaving unless Juve or Real are able to offload their deadwood for good money and do it fast which seems unlikely. The probability is that there is no money out there to sign Paul this summer and I am not too concerned about how he will behave if that is the case. I don't see him throwing a tantrum or refusing to play, he is an intelligent and perceptive guy and will recognize that if nobody is meeting the asking price it is in his best interests to knuckle down and perform this season and see what next summer brings. It is then on us to demonstrate through the season that we are moving in the right direction and he can achieve his ambitions here.

ash_86

WATCH OUT! UNITED has already told REAL MADRID that POGBA is "INTRANSFERIBLE". #JUGONES

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
It's a sellers market. Did you expect psg to pay neymar release clause, or psg putting in 160m for mbappe or Barcelona to bid 150m euros for coutinho? Or even Napoli asking 150m euros for koulibaly? Or even lazio president to ask 130 m euros for milinkovic savic?

If psg joins the chase i sure as hell expect 180m pounds offer which should tempt us to sell .
We are talking about Pogba. He is not worth anywhere near that. £180m?? You must be kidding. United will do well to recover what they paid Juve (which was a very bad deal for United), nothing more. Mbappe, Coutinho and Neymar were sensational and top quality when they were sold. As for Savic and Koulibaly, don't make me laugh. No club will pay the silly sums demanded by those clubs, those figures are just to scare away buyers. With FFP rules haunting the industry clubs will only pay top dollar for the absolute best, which Pogba is very obviously not.

Gasolin

We are talking about Pogba. He is not worth anywhere near that. £180m?? You must be kidding. United will do well to recover what they paid Juve (which was a very bad deal for United), nothing more. Mbappe, Coutinho and Neymar were sensational and top quality when they were sold. As for Savic and Koulibaly, don't make me laugh. No club will pay the silly sums demanded by those clubs, those figures are just to scare away buyers. With FFP rules haunting the industry clubs will only pay top dollar for the absolute best, which Pogba is very obviously not.
Then it's perfect news, he's not going anywhere and will play with us. Case closed, move on.

SER19

Everything about him is a circus. His first move away was a circus, his transfer back to us was a summer of farce, his 3 years here have absolutely been a failure and he's siebr the last 12 months courting as much attention as possible. A truly infuriating modern day player that will be forgotten not long after retirement. Couldn't hold a candle to the truly legendary midfielders

Gandalf

Utter nonsense. Pogba is a far better player with far more accomplishments to his name than a Coutinho. If you think his value has not increased and possibly even declined since we signed him then you don't understand the transfer market at all.

Gasolin

Everything about him is a circus. His first move away was a circus, his transfer back to us was a summer of farce, his 3 years here have absolutely been a failure and he's siebr the last 12 months courting as much attention as possible. A truly infuriating modern day player that will be forgotten not long after retirement. Couldn't hold a candle to the truly legendary midfielders
Ok then why does the world want him? Why does Zidane, who knows something about midfielders, want him? Why is he still included in this France squad? Are they all blind?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he wants to leave, he should hand in a transfer request. If he's that bothered about his new challenge, shouldn't mind forgoing a loyalty bonus.

SER19

Ok then why does the world want him? Why does Zidane, who knows something about midfielders, want him? Why is he still included in this France squad? Are they all blind?
No, he's a talented player. Zidane obviously thinks he can get more out of him. I strongly doubt it as hes clearly an average professional, but I'm sure Zidane trusts himself. If his career was to end tomorrow due to injury, theres very little to remember him by other than his media brand. And a good world Cup.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
WATCH OUT! UNITED has already told REAL MADRID that POGBA is "INTRANSFERIBLE". #JUGONES

Just wondering when RM based media will admit Perez simply can't afford him.

He may want to leave but I bet him and Mino are aware how huge of a contract they signed for United.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No, he's a talented player. Zidane obviously thinks he can get more out of him. I strongly doubt it as hes clearly an average professional, but I'm sure Zidane trusts himself. If his career was to end tomorrow due to injury, theres very little to remember him by other than his media brand. And a good world Cup.
Oh, and that. :houllier:

The bitterness is so thick in here for your team's best player.

I wouldn't build my team around him but put Pogba around talented players and he will perform, simple as.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
If they offered a world record fee would the club turn that down?

Unlikely to happen but still, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Hammondo

Yea but this world cup hype that hes given is overrated. There were no good teams in the world up. England came 3rd? 4th? Which really says it all. France were the best team by a good margin and even they were nothing to write about. It would have been a shock if they did not win.

SER19

I wouldn't build my team around him but put Pogba around talented players and he will perform, simple as.
How is it bitter. He did have a good world Cup, im acknowledging it. What do you want, Me to say a 7 game tournament (in which he was poor for most of the group and absolutely slated for 1st half of final) places him in some pantheon of greats? He was one of many players who did well in by far the most talented side in the tournament, but was probably Frances 3rd best player.

I prefer look at 3 bang average years here punctuated by an absolute circus of attention seeking

SER19

Yea but this world cup hype that hes given is overrated. There were no good teams in the world up. England came 3rd? 4th? Which really says it all. France were the best team by a good margin and even they were nothing to write about. It would have been a shock if they did not win.
Oh its complete revisionism. See my post above. He had a good world Cup, people acting like he was Maradona 86.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pogba out Eriksen in
If only. I'll take Eriksen over Pogba any time of the day.
He might do better elsewhere but here? I don't know. We have tried to "build a team around him" for how many years now? How is it possible for a manager to build a team around him if He's so inconsistent and irresponsible?

TsuWave

Pogba's professionalism has been lauded by all his managers bar Mourinho.

"there's very little to remember except a good tournament at arguably the highest level of football"?

also, he won multiple titles with Juve, being core to them. at 26, he's already had a more accomplished career than 90% of footballers will ever have.

Canagel

Even "building team around" is nonsense. The game is too complex for it. None of the top teams is building around one player but assembles a competent set of players and even squad players that does a decent job when called for it . Even if people wants to assume we have done so I don't see how buying aging DM that can't tackle or striker that still needs to practice a first touch was supposed to help.

TsuWave

He might do better elsewhere but here? I don't know. We have tried to "build a team around him" for how many years now? How is it possible for a manager to build a team around him if He's so inconsistent and irresponsible?
what team have you seen built around Pogba? Ashley Young right back? no RW/attacking threat from the right? midfield support comprised of Mctominay, Matic and Fred? flabby Luke Shaw as LB? Rashford leading the attack? Smalling and Phil Jones as CB? this team? this is what Pogba is being indicted for?

SER19

Pogba's professionalism has been lauded by all his managers bar Mourinho.

"there's very little to remember except a good tournament at arguably the highest level of football"?

also, he won multiple titles with Juve, being core to them. at 26, he's already had a more accomplished career than 90% of footballers will ever have.
This isn't a go at you personally, but I truly don't have the energy to wade into debating every nuance of pogba with people who will defend at all costs. My fairest barometer is that I've watched united my entire life and think he's been absolutely average for most of his time, brilliant at times and truly abysmal at others. For 18 months his professionalism and respect for the club and its fans has been undeniably sub par. Overall considering the expectation and world record fee, he will go down as a categorical failure of a signing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
As long as we keep these 2 all is good

The level of commitment, maturity and brilliance of these two 17 year old kids is impressive. You can sort of feel the pain they are experience to the fact that we had failed to make it at top 4. I only hope Harvard University don't try to persuade them to leave football altogether by offering them a scholarship.

poleglass red

This isn't a go at you personally, but I truly don't have the energy to wade into debating every nuance of pogba with people who will defend at all costs. My fairest barometer is that I've watched united my entire life and think he's been absolutely average for most of his time, brilliant at times and truly abysmal at others. For 18 months his professionalism and respect for the club and its fans has been undeniably sub par. Overall considering the expectation and world record fee, he will go down as a categorical failure of a signing.
well said, my sentiments exactly.....

Patrick08

Then he stays as simple as that. I even remember Celtic once demanding something like 50 m for kieran Tierney if clubs wanted him. Weather you rate the player that highly is the buyers problem in this market.

Canagel

How is it bitter. He did have a good world Cup, im acknowledging it. What do you want, Me to say a 7 game tournament (in which he was poor for most of the group and absolutely slated for 1st half of final) places him in some pantheon of greats? He was one of many players who did well in by far the most talented side in the tournament, but was probably Frances 3rd best player.

I prefer look at 3 bang average years here punctuated by an absolute circus of attention seeking

3rd best right?

Full bodied red

Absolutely this.

The downside, however, is reality suggests that there's only Real, PSG, City and perhaps Juventus who can afford to pay us what we paid for him and then pay him £300k per week for the next five years.

PSG would be buggered by FFP, City are way to astute to blow £100 million on him given they've been watching the same Pogba as us for the past three years, and Juve need to unload three or four players to have a free £100 million. So Madrid is the only real option for him, which is why it's suddenly ' his dream ' to go there.

D'you think Spurs would do a straight swap Eriksen for Pogba ?

No, neither do I....

TsuWave

Fair enough. I saw a player that had good runs of form as well as dips in form, surrounded by an incredibly underwhelming supporting cast, and despite that, somehow, still outproduced players that occupy similar positions at much more functional rival teams. nothing about his professionalism or respect for the club jumped out at me as particularly bad. Even him publicly stating it might be time for a new challenge, truthfully speaking, there is no "graceful" way of saying you want to leave, but that's probably the least abnormal way to do it, but you know, opinions and all.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
I find it funny how the media have seemingly turned fans against Pogba, people look at him as if he was solely responsible for Utd's bad form last season when he was the only who continually pulling trees. People look at him as if he's a menace in the changing room and he's outspoken or a problem at your club which I find complete and utter nonsense.

Truth is that he's been made a scapegoat and is an easy target and some of the other players get away with murder compared to Pogba.

Think he should leave Utd anyhow, clearly his time has come to an end and I don't think Solskjaer would do much for his career anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they offered a world record fee would the club turn that down?

Unlikely to happen but still, I'd take that in a heartbeat.
The world record is over 200m isn't it?!

We'll see if we get something in the 120-150 mixer. For certain. Especially bow he's talking out loud about a move.

That's quite a shocking thing as a United fan.
Ronaldo, and Rooney are probably the last time that's happened in 20 years.

littlepeasoup

So...

We want to keep him predicated on the notion that we want to build a team around him, but he's also stated publicly he wants to leave

AND

We'll get more for him this summer if we decide to sell, but are doubtful that any team out there can afford what we want.

Classic modern United scenario this.