Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Sure mate, there is absolutely nothing wrong and all is rosy, everything around the squad is daisies and butterflies. It's all just a big misunderstanding and coincidence, absolutely.

I really don't know why I bother debating with you, the experience from discussing the Glazers should have been enough evidence for me to not bite anymore but I guess it's my fault for believing that people should be able to see the obvious before it is too late.
Nice straw man. I never said everything is all rosy what I am saying is you are jumping to conclusion to fit a narrative in your own head and then criticizing anyone who doesn't jump to those same conclusions. That's ridiculous to say the least. I mean you can't even admit the blazer theory might have been premature, and rather than heed caution before jumping to conclusion here you are at it again.

And no it's not obvious. You just want to believe it is so badly, that you're not willing to look at alternative explanations.

I also find it hilarious you talk about evidence when you consistently and willfully ignore an evidence that counters what you believe to be true. Carry on though. I nor anyone else will change you mind.

ravi2

The problem is, who is going to want to join our circus if our best players want out? Good luck attracting anyone with any ambition.

That is the biggest issue facing the Glazers currently. Their chickens are coming home to roost so to speak.
They only have themselves to blame, since we sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia we have been on a slow downward spiral and I dont see things changing until they go.

Pogba could have put more of a shift in but I dont blame him for wanting to leave one bit. He cares about winning titles but the owners and CEO doesnt.

Shimo

You mean brief moments like this have no meaning?
Look at the way he spat ffs. :wenger: Pogba seemed like he was going to deck Lingard if Lindelof wasn't there to stop him.
Exactly - it has no meaning to us other than making up in one's own mind what was being said at the moment. I mean there is literally not a single piece of evidence that it is anything to do with whatever is going on with the Pogba transfer situation but, that's what people are trying to somehow make out of it. So they had a moment but, no idea what triggered it.

Should we take that Rojo is all smiles that he is been told that he is going to be starting CB? Or that OGS is so chuffed because he's been told he has been told that he is getting Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi and the premier league has decided to give us a 30 point head start this season. Guess one can make up whatever they want.

DoomSlayer

Nice straw man. I never said everything is all rosy what I am saying is you are jumping to conclusion to fit a narrative in your own head and then criticizing anyone who doesn't jump to those same conclusions. That's ridiculous to say the least. I mean you can't even admit the blazer theory might have been premature, and rather than heed caution before jumping to conclusion here you are at it again.

And no it's not obvious. You just want to believe it is so badly, that you're not willing to look at alternative explanations.

I also find it hilarious you talk about evidence when you consistently and willfully ignore an evidence that counters what you believe to be true. Carry on though. I nor anyone else will change you mind.
You sure know how to at least properly structure your comebacks, I'll give you that. I wish you could put all that brain power to understand the current reality of the relationships in our club between players, staff, directors and owners.

And right back at you about ignoring facts and obvious public interactions. I'd be more than happy to not go through this meaningless debate again as you never concede a position even by an inch so it's just ineffective to keep going.
Exactly - it has no meaning to us other than making up in one's own mind what was being said at the moment. I mean there is literally not a single piece of evidence that it is anything to do with whatever is going on with the Pogba transfer situation but, that's what people are trying to somehow make out of it. So they had a moment but, no idea what triggered it.

Should we take that Rojo is all smiles that he is been told that he is going to be starting CB? Or that OGS is so chuffed because he's been told he has been told that he is getting Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi and the premier league has decided to give us a 30 point head start this season. Guess one can make up whatever they want.
Absolutely. You can also believe that Pogba is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself, it's a free country or so we are told.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What a toxic idiot....disgusting behaviour...contempt personified

He could at least crack a smile. Them lads were probably waiting hours to see him. Be pissed with the club, but not the fans.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
They only have themselves to blame, since we sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia we have been on a slow downward spiral and I dont see things changing until they go.

Pogba could have put more of a shift in but I dont blame him for wanting to leave one bit. He cares about winning titles but the owners and CEO doesnt.
Oh i could care less what happens to them, like you say, it's been going on since the Ronaldo sale. They've done well to milk it this long. That only happened off the back of SAF's genius.

Me neither. If the Glazers can't even be bothered to invest after the worst season in my lifetime, then why should they get anything back in return?

You're supposed to cut out negative influences that don't add anything to you but misery aren't you?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The guy has mentally checked out, that's pretty clear for all to see. Just feck off now Pogba.

Eric's Seagull

Oh he definitely is, supposedly de Ligt has had a 150m euro buyout clause inserted into his contract with Juventus so you would think he's not going to be there too long if the market continues inflating.

Raiola is not the reason Pogba is leaving though. Pogba is behind it. He's simply unwilling to spend his prime years at a club with limited ambition and i can't blame him at all.
As stated I don't begrudge any player wanting to go to win trophies as that is what matters when a player looks back on his career. I don't like Pogba's attitude. If he wants to go that much hand in a transfer request and to me Raiola seems like a snake. I may be wrong.

Classical Mechanic

The newspapers have picked up on the Lingard thing. Such curious thing for the club to release and with that comical music over it. I tend to think it was some dope in the social media department being thick rather than a sinister plan.

DoomSlayer

Used to be a big defender of Pogba
Same here mate, I was backing him to the hill against Mourinho in the end and thought we will form an exciting forward-thinking team with him the jewel of our midfield.

The reason for my extreme reaction to what Pogba is doing is that all of this feels like a betrayal, not just towards me but also to Ole, who has done nothing wrong in the whole situation and was planning having Pogba as his main player, just like he said in a few press conferences. These moves are a proper stab in the back, no way back for Pogba and the fact he keeps pushing the agenda is making it even worse in my eyes.
The newspapers have picked up on the Lingard thing. Such curious thing for the club to release and with that comical music over it. I tend to think it was some dope in the social media department being thick rather than a sinister plan.
I think the whole video is done on purpose, there are other even more subtle moments in it.

Gasolin

Kind of hilarious reading what people are making up in their heads as to what is being said or talked about because of a short video clip which show fraction of their interactions.

Martial / Bailey being grumpy because for an instant in the video they were not all smiley? Then trying to psychoanalyze Pogba from the brief moments is rather silly. And I am one of those people, because I found myself dissecting some of the pictures posted early, trying to be all super smart of oh if the club is not putting Pogba front end center it means something, why isn't Pogba in any of these pictures - it's because he is grumpy. Which obviously wasn't the case because there are actually pictures of him in the background having a laugh with Martial and Bailey. Realized how dumb am being trying to read into things with all these preconceived thoughts.

Only thing that will be meaningful is what happens on the pitch.
Nice, would love to see them. But it does highlight a problem Pogba has with some other players he was getting on well with before, specifically Lukaku and Lingard. Maybe that explaisn a bit the current mind of Pogba.

DoomSlayer

He has. I read somewhere that he has not posted on social media since he joined our pre season. Fecking crybaby.
Same with Lukaku. :lol: It's so funny to see it and it's even more hilarious to see the fanboys bending and twisting it all to make it seem as a coincidence.

Our two most expensive players in the club's history, also among the best paid players on the whole planet and they have the audacity to sulk around as if United is some team with a 15 years worth of history.

Gasolin

He has. I read somewhere that he has not posted on social media since he joined our pre season. Fecking crybaby.
That's actually not bad, he should stop posting and start focusing a bit on how to bring the club back to the top as being part of it. I would love to be part of that preseason and see how Pogba actually does with the team. Would be so telling.

Eric's Seagull

Same here mate, I was backing him to the hill against Mourinho in the end and thought we will form an exciting forward-thinking team with him the jewel of our midfield.

The reason for my extreme reaction to what Pogba is doing is that all of this feels like a betrayal, not just towards me but also to Ole, who has done nothing wrong in the whole situation and was planning having Pogba as his main player, just like he said in a few press conferences. These moves are a proper stab in the back, no way back for Pogba and the fact he keeps pushing the agenda is making it even worse in my eyes.

I think the whole video is done on purpose, there are other even more subtle moments in it.
Your first paragraph is virtually exactly what I was telling anybody who wanted to hear it mate and I thought we had finally found our star midfielder to build the team around and was going to be one of the key players in getting us back right to the top, although sadly this didn't happen.

I also don't like what he has done to Ole, despite him wanting to go the club has done everything to try to get him to stay, even offering him a £500,000 a week contract if the rumours are true, which may or may not be the case. To me Pogba has done too much in his aim of getting a move away from the club. In my opinion it is time for him to go, would rather him gone, than have him here when he doesn't want to be and sulking and putting half arsed performances and only turning up when he feels like. Would rather have someone here, who wants to be here and give their all for the shirt.

hobbers

That clip with him and Lingard :lol:

Nice that the ineptness doesnt escape any department, even the social media team. How fecking stupid do you have to be to not check through that video before posting it.

Unless it's a grand conspiracy and Lingard was secretly told to get Pogba acting up on film. In which case they should probably have chosen a slightly less detestable United player for the fans to get behind.

At least Lindelof comes away with some credit regardless.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Lets be honest, we all want to clip Lingard. Nothing to see here ;)
Seriously now, lets sell and move on. Bigger problem for me ist that the club has no clue what to do

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Can't it just be jet lag? He's just had a long-haul flight to Australia. It doesn't have to be some elaborate scheme does it?
Ok so saying he wanted a new challenge, then his agent saying he wants to leave, then returning late for preseason, then not wearing the same as the rest... your probably rights it’s a coincidence.

Gandalf

That clip with him and Lingard :lol:

Nice that the ineptness doesnt escape any department, even the social media team. How fecking stupid do you have to be to not check through that video before posting it.

Unless it's a grand conspiracy and Lingard was secretly told to get Pogba acting up on film. In which case they should probably have chosen a slightly less detestable United player for the fans to get behind.

At least Lindelof comes away with some credit regardless.
Saw a lot from Lindelof at the end of last year and genuinely think he could be a good captain for us. The squad seem to like him a lot, he appears very down to earth and he was one of the few prepared to give his teammates a bollocking when the bottom fell out at the end of the season.

ravi2

Can't it just be jet lag? He's just had a long-haul flight to Australia. It doesn't have to be some elaborate scheme does it?
He stated he wants to go and his agent said the same, of course he is pissed off. He doesnt want to be a United player anymore.

Canagel

Wait I thought posting on social media was bad and he should be concentrated on his football?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He stated he wants to go and his agent said the same, of course he is pissed off. He doesnt want to be a United player anymore.
I know that already, but i'm talking about his supposed negative interactions with the fans at the airport. the video posted was cut midway through, so you can't trust that video at all.

Does Pogba really seem like the kind of guy to take his frustrations out on innocent fans? I don't think so.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's quite sad really. I was Poggers biggest fan and defended him to the hilt last season. But I'm done with him now. Just want him sold asap. The upside is we'll get a good amount for him which we can use to get a willing member for the team.

Eric's Seagull

It's quite sad really. I was Poggers biggest fan and defended him to the hilt last season. But I'm done with him now. Just want him sold asap. The upside is we'll get a good amount for him which we can use to get a willing member for the team.
Im guessing there are maybe a few on here like that including me.

Johan07

This is not so complicated. He has three years left on his contract. If any club pays market value for him (and 150m is low) he can leave.
If not, he stays.
If he is not good enough, he does not play.
If he does not perform professionally on the pitch and outside of it he can go train with the reserves.
Just like any other player that does not perform or misbehaves.
But I am pretty sure he will bite the bullet and act like the professional he is.
We should look at what PSG is doing with Neymar.
Pogba has no leverage, this playacting by him and Raiola is the only way that they can see to gain any leverage that they can.
Its not like with Eriksen or Hazard, or even De Gea, who had/has major leverage due to their contract situation. They did not/dont need to cause a fuzz.
Pogba does, which is what we are seeing.
Set a deadline 10 days before the PL-transfer closes. If a transfer is not done by then, he stays for next season.
We can not let the PL-window close and transfer him after when we cant replace him.
Same goes for Lukaku.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ok so saying he wanted a new challenge, then his agent saying he wants to leave, then returning late for preseason, then not wearing the same as the rest... your probably rights it’s a coincidence.
But... that's not what is being discussed? It's him supposedly looking miserable to fans at the airport.

1. That video has been edited to cut out the middle. Why? That shows that video can't be trusted at all.
  2. He's just been on a long flight to Australia. Do you think it's normal to walk around with a permanent smile on your face when jet-lagged?
  3. I doubt Pogba is the kind of guy to take his frustrations out on fans. He's seemingly a very happy guy usually.
I'm much more inclined to put more weight behind these points than to blindly believe whatever videos the media are releasing.

Last edited:

Hughie77

Looks like, he's just gone on tour not to make himself look a bigger tit than he is, I would like him to commit to Utd , but it seems the grass is greener on the other side!

Hope Utd are waiting to get a deal done so he can go, I think once the midfielders come in ole wants he's off!

This guy seems to be upsetting Every one now, better off clean the slate with him now!